[COM] Rundle Place | 76m | 15lvls | Retail & Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
wll6568
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM] Re: U/C: Rundle Place | 76m | 15lvls | Retail & Office

#1606 Post by wll6568 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:31 am

Uncle Monty wrote:Well I grabbed my free iced coffee! Wandered quickly through the food court area from Grenfell St and came out in the mall. The food area looks pretty spacious and had a newsagency and chemist on that level also as well as the Coles store.
PIC PIC PIC!!!

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1607 Post by Ben » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:48 am

:banana: :banana: :banana:
Open for business

Posted Date: 26/03/2013

By Inside Retail

Harris Scarfe has opened its new 9500sqm flagship store today in Adelaide at Rundle Place.

Located on Adelaide's Rundle Mall, the new store trumps existing stores with a sleek new look, increased floor space, and a focus on visual merchandising.

The store returns the iconic South Australian brand to its roots, having traded from the now Rundle Place site for decades prior to a move to a temporary site in Rundle Mall after selling the prime real estate to Pacific Retail.

The new Rundle Place centre elevates the tone of Rundle Mall, boasting a number of Adelaide first retailers as well as a high-end fitout including marble flooring and an upmarket foodcourt going by the name of Seventy Seven.

A full line Coles anchors Rundle Place in addition to Harris Scarfe and Best & Less.

Other retailers located at Rundle Place include the first Australian stores of three Canadian brands - La Vie En Rose, Joshua Perets, and Point Zero - as well as Adelaide firsts for Peter Jackson, Vince Camuto, and Ted Baker. Events, Blue Illusion, Queenspark, Jigsaw, Pandora, Oxford, Crossroads, Esprit, Seduce, and Florsheim among others will also trade from the centre.

carlow1
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1608 Post by carlow1 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:24 am

Overall I'm pretty underwhelmed by it. The fixtures and fitting are great. It feels a lot smaller than I expected. Only 1 toilet in the whole centre. Already heard security complaining about that. Majority of the shops are geared towards women with money. Food court is small with not much to choose from. Also hate the idea of having to go through Coles if you wish to get to the food court from Grenfell street end. Overall it's pretty meh!

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1609 Post by Waewick » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:40 am

carlow1 wrote:Overall I'm pretty underwhelmed by it. The fixtures and fitting are great. It feels a lot smaller than I expected. Only 1 toilet in the whole centre. Already heard security complaining about that. Majority of the shops are geared towards women with money. Food court is small with not much to choose from. Also hate the idea of having to go through Coles if you wish to get to the food court from Grenfell street end. Overall it's pretty meh!
I guess you aren't the a target market

but shops aside, I'd suggest that is the best food court in the city - the lack of the standard mush like KFC and Maccas and the wide open space makes it feel like you are eating in an eatery rather than a underground canteen line.

Phantom
High Rise Poster!

#1610 Post by Phantom » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:47 am

Waewick wrote:
carlow1 wrote:Overall I'm pretty underwhelmed by it. The fixtures and fitting are great. It feels a lot smaller than I expected. Only 1 toilet in the whole centre. Already heard security complaining about that. Majority of the shops are geared towards women with money. Food court is small with not much to choose from. Also hate the idea of having to go through Coles if you wish to get to the food court from Grenfell street end. Overall it's pretty meh!

but shops aside, I'd suggest that is the best food court in the city - the lack of the standard mush like KFC and Maccas and the wide open space makes it feel like you are eating in an eatery rather than a underground canteen line.
I'm gonna go and check it out later today, I hope it is worth the hype! I'm a massive fan of a really good food court, so I've got high hopes for this one.
"Mono, you're a knob. <3"

Waewick

#1611 Post by Waewick » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:57 am

Phantom wrote:
Waewick wrote:

I'm gonna go and check it out later today, I hope it is worth the hype! I'm a massive fan of a really good food court, so I've got high hopes for this one.
don't expect the standard fair, it is actually pretty nice. (Fasta Pasta etc)

wll6568
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1612 Post by wll6568 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:22 pm

C'mon people, where are the photos?? Not everyone could make it there today. :)

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1613 Post by bm7500 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:33 pm

I was there just after 8am this morning and i love it.

It might not have as much bling as the Pitt Street Westfield in Sydney but it still has a very classy feel for the most part.

The food court is pretty standard but the Rundle Mall level is very suave.

Considering the ancient building that stood there before, HS have come a long way and their new store is something they can be proud of.

All the staff were buzzing with anticipation of a very busy day.

And yes, I too grabbed my free iced coffee, some cake from Coles and a HS Goodie Bag. Thanks & well done.
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1614 Post by Pikey » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:57 pm

It's pretty good!

Foodcourt is a big winner. Great look, lots of space, Yum Cha bar scores high in my mind. Woollies will be a bit nervous, the Coles store has a much better layout and with two entry/purchase points will get the customers out quicker.

The main centre has very high qulity fittings, but I was a little underwhelmed by the tennants. Sure there are stand outs but Best and Less and the shoe store (name escapes me) don't really reflect the high end feel the developers were going for, in my opinion.

HS is great, homewares section is impressive.

I was surprised as to how many stores still didn't have their fitouts completed though, maybe a missed opportunity there.

Overall, really good. The place was completely packed out, which they would be happy with!
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

buub01
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1615 Post by buub01 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:04 pm

Does anyone have a full tenant list? or is it no different to what was previously released..

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1616 Post by Ben » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:11 pm

Rundle Place retailers:
Apple
Coles
Harris Scrafe
Best & Less
Officeworks

Blue Illusion
Crabtree & Evelyn
Crossroads
David Lawrence
Esprit
Events
Florsheim
Jigsaw
Jones the Grocer
Joshua Perets
Kookai
La vie en rose
Napoleon Perdis
Oxford
Pandora
Peter Jackson
Point Zero
Pro Activ
Queenspark
Seacret SPA
Seduce
Serafina Boutique
Sussan
Swatch
Ted Baker
ULC
Vince Camuto
Blow its a hair thing
Kids Who
Silk Laser

ACMI
Acupuncture & Massage
Bing Boy
Bread n Butter
Burger Addiction
Commonwealth Bank ATM
Fasta Pasta
Fresh Junction
Healthy Life
Mister Minit
Optical Superstore
Rheinland Bakery
Rundle Place Newsagency
Salsa
Soonta Rolls
Subway
T Bar Salon
Taki Sushi
Terry White Chemist
Warong
Yiros Plus

Nathan

#1617 Post by Nathan » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:23 pm

I had a look around about half an hour ago. I'm with you though Pikey, some bits looked good, but then there were some questionable tenants especially on the first floor.
Where is the supposed Officeworks located? Is that supposed to be facing Grenfell St, like Susan and Apple are on to Rundle Mall, without access from within the centre?

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1618 Post by crawf » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:42 pm

I just got back from town and I'm impressed.

While I still believe the exterior could of been better, the interior has turned out brilliantly with top quality finishes and fixtures. I absolutely love the granite tiles, high ceilings and the curving walls. Even many of the shopfronts look very sleek and upmarket, especially Ted Baker.

The foodcourt also feels very upmarket and unique compared to the existing food courts in the city.

san-cisco
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1619 Post by san-cisco » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:29 pm

Overall it's very nice! Disappointing about the 3 'Australian first' stores not being open, also one more men's store I noticed.. Seduce I think it was called? Point Zero looks like it's going to be a more casual style which is great. Quality food court as everyone above is saying. Cant wait for Apple and the others to open!

dsriggs
Legendary Member!

#1620 Post by dsriggs » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Can confirm that the toilets have Dyson Airblades installed. Sure to infuriate some of you... :D