[COM] Rundle Place | 76m | 15lvls | Retail & Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: COM: Rundle Place | 76m | 15lvls | Retail & Office

#1801 Post by Ben » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:34 pm

The Facade of Rundle place really takes away from this building, can't help but think of what a lost opportunity Rundle Place facade really is. Is it possible to of had anything more boring and uninteresting?

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1802 Post by monotonehell » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:36 pm

Ben wrote:The Facade of Rundle place really takes away from this building, can't help but think of what a lost opportunity Rundle Place facade really is. Is it possible to of had anything more boring and uninteresting?
While I agree that the sandstone finish is "beige" in both meanings of the word. I think the upper treatments and the "copperish bit" are above average.

Also; update on the list of terms no longer to be used on SA due to overuse...
"iconic"
"ridiculous"
"wasted opportunity"
:wink:
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

bdm
High Rise Poster!

#1803 Post by bdm » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:40 pm

mshagg wrote:Going for a tour of this bad boy on Wednesday. Will be interesting to see if it's as nice in person as all of the posed photos suggest.

Still dont know what it'd be like working with 'hotdesks' :?
I work at Bendigo and Adelaide Bank on the 11th floor (8 for us). Hotdesks are excellent. You sit where you need to, with who you need to be with. You book a meeting room, plug your laptop in, viola! It's great. Much better than anyone thought (there was a good deal of scepticism). It also means the place is completely clean by the end of the day - clean desk policy.

The top three levels are presently empty. They have not been leased out yet. But they are excellent real estate. I'm guessing price is probably the impediment.

The views are fantastic out of this place... a view of the Adelaide Hills few really get - and our level has the balcony, so we can sit outside, have a coffee (there is a KICCO coffee shop in the building) and chat, while admiring the view.

Best office and set up I've ever worked in.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1804 Post by Norman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:37 pm

monotonehell wrote:
Ben wrote:The Facade of Rundle place really takes away from this building, can't help but think of what a lost opportunity Rundle Place facade really is. Is it possible to of had anything more boring and uninteresting?
While I agree that the sandstone finish is "beige" in both meanings of the word. I think the upper treatments and the "copperish bit" are above average.

"iconic"
"ridiculous"
"wasted opportunity"
Add "World Class" to that list :wink:

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1805 Post by monotonehell » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:02 am

Norman wrote:
monotonehell wrote:

"iconic"
"ridiculous"
"wasted opportunity"
Hey Norm, yeah that's a good one too. :lol:
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

TooFar
Gold-Member ;)

#1806 Post by TooFar » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:38 am

bdm wrote:
mshagg wrote:Going for a tour of this bad boy on Wednesday. Will be interesting to see if it's as nice in person as all of the posed photos suggest.

Still dont know what it'd be like working with 'hotdesks' :?
I work at Bendigo and Adelaide Bank on the 11th floor (8 for us). Hotdesks are excellent. You sit where you need to, with who you need to be with. You book a meeting room, plug your laptop in, viola! It's great. Much better than anyone thought (there was a good deal of scepticism). It also means the place is completely clean by the end of the day - clean desk policy.

The top three levels are presently empty. They have not been leased out yet. But they are excellent real estate. I'm guessing price is probably the impediment.

The views are fantastic out of this place... a view of the Adelaide Hills few really get - and our level has the balcony, so we can sit outside, have a coffee (there is a KICCO coffee shop in the building) and chat, while admiring the view.

Best office and set up I've ever worked in.
Great feedback bdm.

Here is a video that was made before all the plants and greenery had been installed.

DaveAdl
Gold-Member ;)

#1807 Post by DaveAdl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:05 pm

monotonehell wrote:
Norman wrote:
monotonehell wrote: While I agree that the sandstone finish is "beige" in both meanings of the word. I think the upper treatments and the "copperish bit" are above average.

"iconic"
"ridiculous"
"wasted opportunity"
Hey Norm, yeah that's a good one too. :lol:
I have another "revitalisation" this could push me over the edge ... It makes a big assumption that somewhere was "vital" at some stage

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1808 Post by Ben » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:26 pm

According to their facebook page, the grenfell street site is leased and will be something "new and exciting for Adelaide".

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#1809 Post by HiTouch » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Ben wrote:According to their facebook page, the grenfell street site is leased and will be something "new and exciting for Adelaide".
like what? "Krispy Kremes" of "crucial importance"

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1810 Post by Ben » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:50 pm

Apparently it won't be a store and from the pictures i've seen looks kind of like an art gallery.

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1811 Post by Nathan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:19 pm

Ben wrote:Apparently it won't be a store and from the pictures i've seen looks kind of like an art gallery.
Bingo. "Temporary Gallery Space" according to here: http://interiorptyltd.com/projects/rund ... e-gallery/

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1812 Post by Patrick_27 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:09 pm

Nathan wrote:
Ben wrote:Apparently it won't be a store and from the pictures i've seen looks kind of like an art gallery.
Bingo. "Temporary Gallery Space" according to here: http://interiorptyltd.com/projects/rund ... e-gallery/

Really like this idea, Adelaide doesn't have enough of these kinds of art spaces. However, the Officeworks originally planed for this spot would have provided much more foot-traffic for that strip, seemingly the site would be big enough still for a down-sized Officeworks.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#1813 Post by how good is he » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:27 pm

Any idea who will be paying the (big) rent for this?

Burger
Gold-Member ;)

#1814 Post by Burger » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:59 am

DaveAdl
Gold-Member ;)

#1815 Post by DaveAdl » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:14 pm

And we say goodbye to Novo closing their doors today leaving this successful retail precinct