[COM] Rundle Place | 76m | 15lvls | Retail & Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: #APP: Rundle Place | 93m | 19lvls | Office & Retail

#331 Post by AG » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:49 pm

I think some people here really need to learn to differentiate between planning issues and leasing and financial issues.

stelaras
High Rise Poster!

#332 Post by stelaras » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:23 am

frank1 wrote: As much as i hate to say it, I think developers still have to jump through hoops to get anywhere with the conservatives that run adelaide.The developers don't want to waste their time or money, so they go to cities like brisbane, melbourne that accomodate them.

Frank1, If you do your basic homework you will find that the developer of this project is Melbourne based, that wants to invest in Adelaide..However, what is the point of building such a building if you haven't got anyone to put in it???

no tenant= no building simple as that

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#333 Post by Shuz » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:15 am

Maybe take this as a sign, that we could go over the whole process again and get it right from the start this time.

frank1
Donating Member
Donating Member

#334 Post by frank1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:13 pm

AtD wrote:^^ This building was approved some time ago. The only thing keeping it back is commercial interests (finance, tenants, leasing, etc)
what is your point? it is like the le cornu site. the council claims that they are not against it blah blah, but they make it so difficult for developers by continuously tying them up in court they eventually give up. All i am saying is sometimes it is not as simple as no tenants.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#335 Post by AtD » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:52 pm

Sometimes it isn't, but in this case it looks like it is.

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#336 Post by Brando » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:48 pm

frank1 wrote:
AtD wrote:^^ This building was approved some time ago. The only thing keeping it back is commercial interests (finance, tenants, leasing, etc)
what is your point? it is like the le cornu site. the council claims that they are not against it blah blah, but they make it so difficult for developers by continuously tying them up in court they eventually give up. All i am saying is sometimes it is not as simple as no tenants.
Frank, you have to realise that during the recession of the early 90's, many prominent banks were seriously burnt by over commitment to the commercial sector. Hence, the reason why many banks will not fund a pre committed project. Also you have to look at it from a developers point of view. Pouring funds into a project such as this will only increase the risk profile of the company to the banks and make future lending of projects much harder.

Here in Adelaide, we really are at the mercy of supply and demand.

frank1
Donating Member
Donating Member

#337 Post by frank1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:51 pm

Brando wrote:
frank1 wrote:
Frank, you have to realise that during the recession of the early 90's, many prominent banks were seriously burnt by over commitment to the commercial sector. Hence, the reason why many banks will not fund a pre committed project. Also you have to look at it from a developers point of view. Pouring funds into a project such as this will only increase the risk profile of the company to the banks and make future lending of projects much harder.

Here in Adelaide, we really are at the mercy of supply and demand.
Fair call....i will leave my rant at that.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#338 Post by Will » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:09 pm

This is dissapointing news, although not surprising considering the circumstances we find ourselves in.

For me, the saving grace of this development was the tower element. Remove that, and all you are left with is a 4 level box. As, such in my mind I cannot reconcile the destruction of the Harris Scarfe Building, which is a great example of interwar stripped classical architecture as well as the 1880s Roger David building which is a nice example of Italianate style for a bland box.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#339 Post by Ben » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:28 pm

The amended application which includes the inclusion of the Roger David building is expected to recieve approval at tomorrow DAC meeting.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#340 Post by Pikey » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:38 pm

Ben wrote:The amended application which includes the inclusion of the Roger David building is expected to recieve approval at tomorrow DAC meeting.
Is the ony amendment the Roger David building? Are they still keeping the 19 levels in the DA?
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#341 Post by Ben » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:47 pm

Pikey wrote:
Ben wrote:The amended application which includes the inclusion of the Roger David building is expected to recieve approval at tomorrow DAC meeting.
Is the ony amendment the Roger David building? Are they still keeping the 19 levels in the DA?
Yep exactly the same, just the addition of this building and therefore greater building area.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#342 Post by Ben » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:24 pm

This project was discussed at yesterdays council meeting "in confidence".

Plasmatron
High Rise Poster!

#343 Post by Plasmatron » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:22 pm

In confidence, as in, confident that construction will go ahead in the near-future?

*tumbleweed rolls past*

Seriously though, I think this would make a bigger skyline impact than we realise. It's the same size as the former SA Water building on Grenfell Street, only more modern and shiny and stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/UltraVibeProductions

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#344 Post by skyliner » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:25 pm

SA water in Grenfell makes a greatskyline impact from Windy point. Another of that size in the area will markedly alter the skyline.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#345 Post by Ben » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:49 am

Good news on three fronts. Looks like an extra 2 levels meaning this will now be 21 levels and approx 101m and I can only assume this is because they have a tenant lined up who requires more space. Would be fantastic to have another over 100m.
DA/562/2008/B
26/11/2009
Development Application Received
Variation to previous authorisation to Demolish existing buildings and construct a 19 storey building comprising 4 storeys of retail (including basement) and 15 storeys of office accommodation - VARIATION to include an additional 2 storeys of office accomodation.
77-91 Rundle Mall, 90-100 Grenfell Street, 12-18 Francis Street & 1-19 Lindes Lane ADELAIDE SA