[COM] Rundle Place | 76m | 15lvls | Retail & Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: COM: Rundle Place | 76m | 15lvls | Retail & Office

#1816 Post by Patrick_27 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:25 pm

Is it just me, or is foot traffic becoming less and less in this area? I recount it being very busy when the original HS's was there, partly because of the excess of bus stops along that strip. Seems the foot trafic has moved Westerly around City X.

Nathan

#1817 Post by Nathan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:01 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:Is it just me, or is foot traffic becoming less and less in this area? I recount it being very busy when the original HS's was there, partly because of the excess of bus stops along that strip. Seems the foot trafic has moved Westerly around City X.
Combo of still empty shop front, big car park entrance (with pedestrian lights) and then construction site? Basically anywhere east of the main entrance is pedestrian buzzkill.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1818 Post by Ben » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:52 am

New fashion at Rundle Place as Country Road, Trenery, Witchery set to open stores

by: Belinda Willis •

April 08, 2014

COUNTRY Road, Trenery and Witchery are all opening new stores in Rundle Place during the next two months, filling ground floor tenancies as the landmark centre celebrates its first year in business.

Centre manager Justin Dangerfield said fashion retailer Trenery was expected to open a permanent store at the $385 million Rundle Mall centre in April.

Women’s clothing store Witchery would take over Trenery’s existing pop up store and open along with a new Country Road store in June.

“All our stores will be full downstairs, we’re certainly very pleased - they are all part of the Country Road brand and we’re very excited to have them in the shopping centre, they are an excellent drawcard,” Mr Dangerfield said.

The centre that is home to Harris Scarfe was also attracting strong numbers to its food court, and two new food outlets, Cocolat and Sumo Salad, were expected to open in this downstairs space during April.

A lunch bell installed in the building to sound at intervals during the lunch period was currently working to attract surrounding office workers to the food court.

Mr Dangerfield said upgrading work in Rundle Mall along with facelifts underway at the homes of Rundle Place’s key competitors - Adelaide Central Plaza and the Myer Centre - would all contribute to a more vibrant shopping environment.

“We all need to be strong to bring people into the city,” he said.

Rundle Plaza opened on March 26 last year with 67,000 people visiting the centre in one day and the launch night featured a concert with The Collective and Justice Crew.

The centre had since won Best Shopping Centre at the Property Council SA Retail Awards along with three other awards.

Its tenants include Bendigo and Adelaide Bank which moved into the building with 1100 employees and the City Library on level six.

Nathan

#1819 Post by Nathan » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:27 am

The centre that is home to Harris Scarfe was also attracting strong numbers to its food court, and two new food outlets, Cocolat and Sumo Salad, were expected to open in this downstairs space during April.
Err... Cocolat has already been open for months. And no mention on what's happening to Country Road's existing Rundle Mall store? Seems Belinda Willis is doing less reporting, and more just rewriting the press release she was sent.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#1820 Post by pushbutton » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:42 pm

That's what I thought.

I would have thought as a minimum that a visit to the centre was a basic step to take before writing such a report. Had she done so, she would obviously have seen Cocolat was already there.

This lunch bell sounds like a very unusual idea. I haven't seen or heard it myself yet. Can anyone tell me more, such as where it can be heard, what sort of tone it makes etc.

stronic
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: U/C: Rundle Place Ben/Adel Bank, Harris Scarfe, Coles 76

#1821 Post by stronic » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:21 pm

UrbanSG wrote:Pic taken today.

One more floor to go I believe, apart from the raised roof section on the western side:

I wish they wouldn't plant eucalyptus trees in the city. They always look so messy no matter how much care goes into them, note the peeling of the trunk. Terrible!

Waewick

#1822 Post by Waewick » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:27 pm

stronic wrote:
UrbanSG wrote:Pic taken today.

One more floor to go I believe, apart from the raised roof section on the western side:

I wish they wouldn't plant eucalyptus trees in the city. They always look so messy no matter how much care goes into them, note the peeling of the trunk. Terrible!
I like that look

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: Rundle Place | 76m | 15lvls | Retail & Office

#1823 Post by I Follow PAFC » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Don't like Rundle Place only got two lifts and they are small that I can find.
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

Dvious
Legendary Member!

#1824 Post by Dvious » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:41 pm

Sorry to hear, did you really need to bump such a topic with a statement like that? What are we meant to do about it?

Nathan

[COM] Rundle Place | 76m | 15lvls | Retail & Office

#1825 Post by Nathan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:08 pm

There's 5 lifts. One at each end, two in the centre (which also have carpark access), and one which is just for the library (accessed from the laneway).

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#1826 Post by I Follow PAFC » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:03 am

Dvious wrote:Sorry to hear, did you really need to bump such a topic with a statement like that? What are we meant to do about it?
First time I have been there and being in a wheelchair it is BS.
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1827 Post by Ben » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:07 pm

Looks like Colin and co have closed. Inside has been gutted but no signage.

On a side note has anyone else forgotten about Harris scarce now they are not on the ground floor. I always forget they are there when looking for something.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#1828 Post by Brucetiki » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:25 pm

Ben wrote:Looks like Colin and co have closed. Inside has been gutted but no signage.

On a side note has anyone else forgotten about Harris scarce now they are not on the ground floor. I always forget they are there when looking for something.
Harris Scarfe are largely irrelevant in the retail space these days. I don't go out of my way to shop at any Harris Scarfe, let alone the Rundle Mall one.

They really need to work out whether they're a discount department store or a more upmarket department store.

Patrick_27

#1829 Post by Patrick_27 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:42 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Ben wrote:Looks like Colin and co have closed. Inside has been gutted but no signage.

Harris Scarfe are largely irrelevant in the retail space these days. I don't go out of my way to shop at any Harris Scarfe, let alone the Rundle Mall one.

They really need to work out whether they're a discount department store or a more upmarket department store.
And on what basis are you making such a statement? They may irrelevant to your shopping needs but that's not necessary the case for the rest of us.

rhino

#1830 Post by rhino » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:16 am

I've never really thought about it, but now that I have, I realise I would look (and have, several times) for what I want in Harris Scarfes before bothering with Myer or David Jones
cheers,
Rhino