[COM] Rundle Place | 76m | 15lvls | Retail & Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: Rundle Place | 76m | 15lvls | Retail & Office

#1831 Post by Brucetiki » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:32 am

Patrick_27 wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:
Ben wrote:Looks like Colin and co have closed. Inside has been gutted but no signage.

On a side note has anyone else forgotten about Harris scarce now they are not on the ground floor. I always forget they are there when looking for something.
Harris Scarfe are largely irrelevant in the retail space these days. I don't go out of my way to shop at any Harris Scarfe, let alone the Rundle Mall one.

They really need to work out whether they're a discount department store or a more upmarket department store.
And on what basis are you making such a statement? They may irrelevant to your shopping needs but that's not necessary the case for the rest of us.
The crap that's in their stores - especially fashion. Crap that not even Big W would sell sold at inflated prices.

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1832 Post by Patrick_27 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:46 pm

Brucetiki wrote:The crap that's in their stores - especially fashion. Crap that not even Big W would sell sold at inflated prices.
Stop being an elitist, I've never had a problem with any items of clothing I've bought from there. Sure, it doesn't look like Ted Baker but it's probably of the same quality because it's all made in Asia (I wouldn't know though, because Ted Baker is expensive).

Waewick

#1833 Post by Waewick » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:50 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:The crap that's in their stores - especially fashion. Crap that not even Big W would sell sold at inflated prices.
Stop being an elitist, I've never had a problem with any items of clothing I've bought from there. Sure, it doesn't look like Ted Baker but it's probably of the same quality because it's all made in Asia (I wouldn't know though, because Ted Baker is expensive).
i used to have this attitude. like most Aussies I'd go price over quality justifying it with the old it comes from the same manufacturer.

But I've changed my tune, you need to pay for quality, i even learnt recently that Van Husen shirts from HS are a low er quality of that bought elsewhere (they only sell the cotton mix at HS rather than the pure cotton.)

At some point us Aussies need to realise quality is tangible

thecityguy
High Rise Poster!

#1834 Post by thecityguy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:01 am

Australians go for price over quality? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waewick

#1835 Post by Waewick » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:14 am

thecityguy wrote:Australians go for price over quality? Lol

do you have a point?

thecityguy
High Rise Poster!

#1836 Post by thecityguy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:17 am

Sorry, I just found you comment about "Aussies going for price over quality" to be quite a large generalisation. I didn't know that's what we did. Plenty of Aussies are willing to pay a premium for quality?

dsriggs
Legendary Member!

#1837 Post by dsriggs » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:54 am

Waewick wrote:
thecityguy wrote:Australians go for price over quality? Lol

do you have a point?
"Sent from my iPhone" is a pretty good point, tbh. You don't see people lining up for hours to buy some Alcatel piece of garbage.

cyber_256
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1838 Post by cyber_256 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:15 pm

Just to add to the HS discussion. I went there this morning and bought some clothing, mostly for work. I don't generally mind it, I find it certainly in the middle of BigW and Myer in regards to quality.

But in regards to pricing they try to put it up to the Myer/DJ end of the spectrum. What I found disappointing is the lack of Christmas sales, pretty much everything I bought was near or at full price. I probably should of looked at the catalogue first, but even in store there was hardly any advertising.

I don't believe they are well situated for foot traffic. I feel an image change would help them and a reassesement of there pricing model. The green and white screams bargains & discounts but it is far from that.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1839 Post by Ben » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:31 am

They also have no Christmas signage or Decoration's. Have they run out of money for marketing? Its a shadow of its former self I remember going there when I was a kid in the 90's. They don't even have a santa anymore and only have about 5 toys to chose from.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1840 Post by monotonehell » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:36 am

cyber_256 wrote:Just to add to the HS discussion. I went there this morning and bought some clothing, mostly for work. I don't generally mind it, I find it certainly in the middle of BigW and Myer in regards to quality.

But in regards to pricing they try to put it up to the Myer/DJ end of the spectrum. What I found disappointing is the lack of Christmas sales, pretty much everything I bought was near or at full price. I probably should of looked at the catalogue first, but even in store there was hardly any advertising.

I don't believe they are well situated for foot traffic. I feel an image change would help them and a reassesement of there pricing model. The green and white screams bargains & discounts but it is far from that.
You caught them between promotions, I think. They had everything on sale week before last, for their pre-xmas clearance. Soon they will have their 'xmas sale'.

The price of things these days is no longer an indication of quality. It used to be so. But now there's so much stuff that is sold at well above its value, that it's sometimes hard to tell the quality from the just plain expensive. It's all made in the same places, just depends how much the label wants to spend on manufacture. My only experience with this is electronics, where we could get the exact same design made with different tolerance components. The more cheap components we chose the more returns we saw.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Patrick_27

#1841 Post by Patrick_27 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:52 am

Ben wrote:They also have no Christmas signage or Decoration's. Have they run out of money for marketing? Its a shadow of its former self I remember going there when I was a kid in the 90's. They don't even have a santa anymore and only have about 5 toys to chose from.
So what? Rundle Place has some appropriate Christmas decorating and Harris Scarf owns the building, is that not enough? And why does it matter if they have a Father Christmas or not, both DJ's and Myer have a dedicated area for Christmas so we're not exactly short of Christmas cheer.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1842 Post by Ben » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:25 am

Harris Scarfe don't own the building not sure why you thought they did.

My point is they have changed so much. There are less reasons to visit them. You're right myer and David jones have Santas and that's were people will now go instead leaving Harris scarce behind...

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1843 Post by Ben » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:11 am

Rundle Place sold in $400m commercial deal

Rundle Mall’s newest shopping centre, Rundle Place, has been reportedly purchased by global investment firm Blackstone for $400 million.

Lee Nicholson

The Australian Financial Review reports this morning that the sale could be Adelaide’s largest individual property transaction.

It also marks Blackstone’s debut in the Adelaide commercial market.

The New York-based Blackstone has more than 2000 employees based in 18 offices around the world.

Its expansive portfolio of businesses employs more than 570,000 people worldwide.

The multi-level complex in the heart of the Adelaide CBD, was completed in 2013 and houses 85 stores over four storeys. It was built at a reported cost of $385 million.