[COM] SGIC Building > GHD Building Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
ozisnowman
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: #U/C: SGIC Refurbishment

#181 Post by ozisnowman » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:21 am

Wouldnt be pushing the issue if i was the landlord. If those scumy lawyers want to stay in
an un-refurbished part of the building then let them stay there.... What i would do is
get the other tenants to keep stating how good the rest of the building is to make those
greedy jealous lawyers squirm with envy.

Surely they themselves would like to be in a newer building and could organise to
come up with a compromise with the landlord and say do one floor at a time
giving them space to move around....

Mij
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#182 Post by Mij » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:05 pm

Taylor Collison have leased the whole top floor. Asking rents are at $415 sq.m gross + GST !!

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#183 Post by UrbanSG » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:12 pm

This is probably the clearest render I have seen of the proposed refurb. I found it on the realcommercial website. It is still hard to tell but it looks as though at least the window overhangs will be reclad in a similar finish to what has appeared on the ground floor. I would have thought they would be done at the same time as the window replacement. There may be no recladding yet, or the whole builing may get reclad it is still hard to tell.

jlimty
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#184 Post by jlimty » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:40 pm

UrbanSG wrote:This is probably the clearest render I have seen of the proposed refurb. I found it on the realcommercial website. It is still hard to tell but it looks as though at least the window overhangs will be reclad in a similar finish to what has appeared on the ground floor. I would have thought they would be done at the same time as the window replacement. There may be no recladding yet, or the whole builing may get reclad it is still hard to tell.

Looks like you may be right. The window overhangs seem to have a distinct silvery colour which is similar to what is installed at the lower levels. It might even turn out better than I was expecting with the new cladding! :D

Just build it
High Rise Poster!

#185 Post by Just build it » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:06 pm

Looks good! Seems like the whole building is getting refinished. I take back my negativity towards the makeover but not the lawyers. :mrgreen:

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#186 Post by Wayno » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:49 pm

UrbanSG wrote:This is probably the clearest render I have seen of the proposed refurb. I found it on the realcommercial website. It is still hard to tell but it looks as though at least the window overhangs will be reclad in a similar finish to what has appeared on the ground floor. I would have thought they would be done at the same time as the window replacement. There may be no recladding yet, or the whole builing may get reclad it is still hard to tell.
wow! that looks good - appears the facia is being painted or reclad in addition to replacing the windows - yay!
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#187 Post by skyliner » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:10 pm

Looks much better than the current bldg - much slicker presentation in such a high profile site. Looked unfinished and cavernous before. (ie appeared like no glass at all was there). Hope it actually turns out like this!

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

Mr.Frodo
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM] Re: #U/R: SGIC Building > GDH Building

#188 Post by Mr.Frodo » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:51 pm

It's GHD guys...

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: #U/R: SGIC Building > GDH Building

#189 Post by Ho Really » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:07 pm

So are all the horizontals going to be in aluminium cladding?

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM] Re: #U/R: SGIC Building > GHD Building

#190 Post by Norman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:58 am

Photo from Monday:

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#191 Post by Wayno » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:30 am

I was chatting on saturday night with a couple of the lawyers who are in this building. Owner/Landlord still refuses to pay compensation so Tenants (not just lawyers) aren't moving. Many leases run til late-2009.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#192 Post by UrbanSG » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:16 am

I believe Fisher Jeffries which occupy Level 15 and I think at least 1 other level are meant to be moving into the remaining office space in the new Thompson Playford building soon. Hopefully this will allow this redevelopment to continue again.

The developer is smart imo. I wouldn't pay these firms and instead wait until mid to late 2009 (not that far away) and not renew the leases or renew them on redevelopment terms. Have fun looking for office space elsewhere.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#193 Post by UrbanSG » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:44 pm

Further to the above, the old SGIC signage is finally being removed today and replaced with GHD signage.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#194 Post by Ben » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:58 pm

From today: West side has been replaced but Victoria Square still reads SGIC....

aussie2000
High Rise Poster!

#195 Post by aussie2000 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:59 pm

that looks horrible!!!