[COM] 413 KWS Vue on King William | 89m | 28Lvl | Residential

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Dvious
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: APP: 413 KWS Vue on King William | 86m | 27Lvl | Residen

#556 Post by Dvious » Mon May 19, 2014 11:27 am

They where obviously referring to second highest floor count in the state.

However, this is great news! If this goes ahead i'm going to be pretty excited! As i'm sure most of you will be too.

ml69
Legendary Member!

#557 Post by ml69 » Mon May 19, 2014 3:55 pm

I’m rather surprised (but also delighted) that this one has sold so well, when other developments struggle for several months inching towards the required off-the-plan sales so that construction can proceed.

The design looks fantastic, but I believe the main reason why it has been so successful is the “sensible” pricing, as alluded to by the developer in the article. According to the article, two-thirds of the apartments are priced between $320-400k. You’d think that most of these would be 1br apartments.

I suspect there is a huge amount of demand for Adelaide CBD apartment living, but no-one in Adelaide is going to pay exorbitant CBD apartment prices when suburban Adelaide housing is still relatively affordable compared to other cities, and the CBD is quite easy to commute to from the suburbs.

Asian Property Group (who also developed the successful Watson apartments in Walkerville) understand this, and hence their developments have sold like hotcakes whilst others have languished. You’d think that developers would get this by now???

ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#558 Post by ghs » Mon May 19, 2014 4:44 pm

86 confirmed, why don't they say 86 sold ?

The wording seems a bit dodgy to me. Don't get too carried away I think the Adevertiser
is talking things up a bit.

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#559 Post by AG » Mon May 19, 2014 4:51 pm

ghs wrote:86 confirmed, why don't they say 86 sold ?

The wording seems a bit dodgy to me. Don't get too carried away I think the Adevertiser
Probably referring to being under contract rather than actually being sold.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#560 Post by Jaymz » Mon May 19, 2014 5:11 pm

Yep, the 86 is probably a mixture of "sold" and "on hold".

As for the affordable pricing, that may be the case for the 1 bedroom apartments. As for the 2 bedroomers, they
are more expensive than other developments proposed or being built in the city. I would probably put the good sales
figures down to the fact that the building design and height is quite adventurous by Adelaide standards, and something
that many people have been screaming out for in our conservative city.

The developers are taking a risk and it is paying off. I hope this one gets built soon.

Dvious
Legendary Member!

#561 Post by Dvious » Mon May 19, 2014 5:12 pm

ghs wrote:86 confirmed, why don't they say 86 sold ?

The queen of negativity strikes again.

If you actually read the article the 86 sold are split between buyers, investors etc. Regardless of that, 86 sold or on hold in it's first week is brilliant. Why do you have to be so stubborn for?

skyliner

#562 Post by skyliner » Mon May 19, 2014 6:50 pm

whatever way we look at it, things are moving along well. sets a precedent for future resi blocks. Looking forward to seeing this built!

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#563 Post by rev » Tue May 20, 2014 7:23 am

What is the actual cost to build each individual apartment, on an average? If anyone knows.
I still find it astounding that for the same money you can get a 4 bedroom house with a double garage, is what it'll cost you for a 1/2 bedroom apartment with a tiny living area.
Not that I'm against the idea of apartment living, if I could justify spending $350,000 + on an apartment, I would probably look into buying one.

Waewick

#564 Post by Waewick » Tue May 20, 2014 9:58 am

rev wrote:What is the actual cost to build each individual apartment, on an average? If anyone knows.
I still find it astounding that for the same money you can get a 4 bedroom house with a double garage, is what it'll cost you for a 1/2 bedroom apartment with a tiny living area.
Not that I'm against the idea of apartment living, if I could justify spending $350,000 + on an apartment, I would probably look into buying one.
yes, but you 4 bedroom house with double garage is going to have to be in Aldinga.

from memory it costs around $2500 to $ 3500 per/m2 to build. If you want to live in the city the convenience makes it well worth it given the land cost is so low.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#565 Post by Pikey » Tue May 20, 2014 3:07 pm

Waewick wrote:
rev wrote:What is the actual cost to build each individual apartment, on an average? If anyone knows.
yes, but you 4 bedroom house with double garage is going to have to be in Aldinga.

from memory it costs around $2500 to $ 3500 per/m2 to build. If you want to live in the city the convenience makes it well worth it given the land cost is so low.
We just built a two level, 300m2 house for considerably less (per square meter) than what's mentioned above.

High-rise construction v standard house construction comparison is chalk and cheese. Comparing cost of construction methods would be misguided in this instance.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Waewick

#566 Post by Waewick » Tue May 20, 2014 5:01 pm

Pikey wrote:
Waewick wrote:

We just built a two level, 300m2 house for considerably less (per square meter) than what's mentioned above.

High-rise construction v standard house construction comparison is chalk and cheese. Comparing cost of construction methods would be misguided in this instance.
yes, but I was responding to a direct question about the cost of construction....clearly standard house construction and highrise are different but they still reflect the cost of the final product, which is what the comparison was, so appeared fairly relevant in the discussion point.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#567 Post by how good is he » Tue May 20, 2014 9:24 pm

I think the biggest thing which gets overlooked with apartment buildings is the cost of things that you don't necessarily own or always see but that obviously need to be apportioned/subsidised in the price of the apartments.

An apartment building may have say 50,000 sqm of building/construction but may have only 25,000 sqm of actual saleable square metre of apartments. So the developer can only sell/charge to the public half the building.

Things like corridors, stairwells, lifts and common facilities (pools, gym etc). As well as items like underground car parking add significantly to the sqm's and cost which need to be apportioned on top of the apartment cost to build. Balconies also are not always included in the price per sqm but obviously add to it.
Also the higher they go the build cost also increases exponentially (if the engineers out there want to confirm/elaborate).

Therefore the true cost of each apartment is a lot higher than only its actual sqm build cost and therefore the price needs to be higher to recover the overall cost of the development.

cmafra
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#568 Post by cmafra » Thu May 29, 2014 10:37 am

The total cost of the building is estimated to be $30M , and once its finished the evaluation is that it will be worth $100M. This data is from the project application within the urban and planning city council department.

AdelaideGo
Gold-Member ;)

#569 Post by AdelaideGo » Thu May 29, 2014 12:12 pm

Developers consistently quote very low building cost in the development application, because this is what the application assessment fee base on. The real cost for this building including interest will exceed $70 million.

Nort

#570 Post by Nort » Thu May 29, 2014 2:37 pm

Yeah, if $30 million could get you a $100 million dollar building then Adelaide would have a crane on every street corner right now.