[VIS] Royal Adelaide Hospital Rebuild

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
peas_and_corn
Legendary Member!

[VIS] Re: #VIS: Royal Adelaide Hospital Rebuild

#136 Post by peas_and_corn » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:20 pm

ghs wrote:So whats the plan for the existing RAH site once the new hospital is built ?

Is it going to become part of the Botanice Gardens ?

It's a big site, I was hoping that something more interesting might have been
planned than an expansion of the botanic gardens.

From what I understand some of the site will go to the botanical gardens, while the buildings that can be used for other purposes will probably be sold off. I would imagine that the universities would be interested in them.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#137 Post by Wayno » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:25 pm

From ABC Online (dated July 22):
Botanic Gardens set gain more land

An expansion of the Adelaide Botanic Gardens has been flagged once the new Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) has opened later this decade.

Health Minister John Hill, has opened the Botanic Gardens' new Garden of Health and the Ginkgo Gate which links the western side of the gardens with Frome Road.

Mr Hill says the Playford government took several hectares of land from the Botanic Gardens when the hospital was expanded in the 1950s and he would like to see it returned after the RAH moves to the western end of the city.

"Over the next year or so we'll go over a process where we explore with the community what should go on that site but I certainly hope that will include open space and I certainly hope it will include an expansion of the Botanic Gardens," he said.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#138 Post by Waewick » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:17 pm

great news.