News & Discussion: Laneway & Streetscape Projects

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5416
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 320 times

Re: News & Discussion: Laneway Revitalisation Projects

#46 Post by crawf » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:27 pm

Joelmark wrote:Re: the cost, I think that the work is not entirely finished yet. There is more streetscaping to be completed during the year and more artwork to be installed.
Correct.

User avatar
jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 1741
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:22 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: News & Discussion: Laneway Revitalisation Projects

#47 Post by jk1237 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:51 am

up until last night, had anyone else also not noticed a new burger bar - 'Fancy burgers' open up at the end of Synagogue Place (off Rundle St), at the base of the student tower. Quite a cool shop fit out with its outside booths, and a nice burger too

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2383
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 531 times
Been thanked: 229 times

Re: News & Discussion: Laneway Revitalisation Projects

#48 Post by SRW » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:31 am

jk1237 wrote:up until last night, had anyone else also not noticed a new burger bar - 'Fancy burgers' open up at the end of Synagogue Place (off Rundle St), at the base of the student tower. Quite a cool shop fit out with its outside booths, and a nice burger too
Yeah, it's been there for a month or so. Fancy Burger have had a store up in Blackwood for a couple years too. Good to have them in the East End, along with Burger Theory who'll be opening up on Union St soon enough.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Shahkar
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:22 am
Location: Adelaide CBD
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: News & Discussion: Laneway Revitalisation Projects

#49 Post by Shahkar » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:43 am

ml69 wrote:ACC should plan to rollout 2-3 of these laneway upgrades each year for the next 5 years. That really would make a difference and kick start the laneway revolution.
I think the next one to go is Hindley street in July and UNISA to change with it, unless I've missed something and it is not going through. But obviously it is a much bigger project.

mattblack
Legendary Member!
Posts: 847
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:20 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: News & Discussion: Laneway Revitalisation Projects

#50 Post by mattblack » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:34 am

DaShyFreak wrote:
ml69 wrote:ACC should plan to rollout 2-3 of these laneway upgrades each year for the next 5 years. That really would make a difference and kick start the laneway revolution.
I think the next one to go is Hindley street in July and UNISA to change with it, unless I've missed something and it is not going through. But obviously it is a much bigger project.
Definitely go for July.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6694
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 263 times
Been thanked: 1067 times

Re: News & Discussion: Laneway Revitalisation Projects

#51 Post by Ben » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:22 pm

Walking past Rundle Place yesterday, the laneways either side have extendable awnings and fold out doors for cafes. Hopefully this will be a new must visit cafe precinct.

User avatar
metro
Legendary Member!
Posts: 962
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:11 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 371 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: News & Discussion: Laneway Revitalisation Projects

#52 Post by metro » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:14 pm

^^ I hope one day they pull down the parking station and extend Lindes Lane through to Grenfell St and with that ugly carpark gone there would be space for a new building as well. :D

User avatar
Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 5138
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:18 pm
Location: Torrens Park
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: News & Discussion: Laneway Revitalisation Projects

#53 Post by Wayno » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:25 am

Apparently another 'parklet' similar to the $1m State Govt overhaul of Bank St, has appeared in Gawler Place. Anyone seen it yet?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

User avatar
jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 1741
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:22 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: News & Discussion: Laneway Revitalisation Projects

#54 Post by jk1237 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Wayno wrote:Apparently another 'parklet' similar to what the $1m State Govt overhaul of Bank St, has appeared in Gawler Place. Anyone seen it yet?
yep, well Ive seen the little one just opposite the entrance to the city cross arcade. Looks good

User avatar
monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 5466
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:10 am
Location: Adelaide, East End.
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 288 times
Contact:

Re: News & Discussion: Laneway Revitalisation Projects

#55 Post by monotonehell » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:17 pm

Wayno wrote:Apparently another 'parklet' similar to the $1m State Govt overhaul of Bank St, has appeared in Gawler Place. Anyone seen it yet?
It's just the parklette, there's been no associated redevelopment of Gawler Place. Someone (the health food shop I suspect) seems to be in charge of putting tables out during the day. At night it's just left as a bench. There's a sign saying that anyone can use it.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

User avatar
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3124
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 pm
Location: Bowden
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 610 times
Contact:

Re: News & Discussion: Laneway Revitalisation Projects

#56 Post by Nathan » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:32 pm

monotonehell wrote:
Wayno wrote:Apparently another 'parklet' similar to the $1m State Govt overhaul of Bank St, has appeared in Gawler Place. Anyone seen it yet?
It's just the parklette, there's been no associated redevelopment of Gawler Place. Someone (the health food shop I suspect) seems to be in charge of putting tables out during the day. At night it's just left as a bench. There's a sign saying that anyone can use it.
Saw it today. It's quite a nice one, to be honest. Very much along the lines of what you see in San Francisco.

mattblack
Legendary Member!
Posts: 847
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:20 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: News & Discussion: Laneway Revitalisation Projects

#57 Post by mattblack » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:02 am

Nathan wrote:
monotonehell wrote:
Wayno wrote:Apparently another 'parklet' similar to the $1m State Govt overhaul of Bank St, has appeared in Gawler Place. Anyone seen it yet?
It's just the parklette, there's been no associated redevelopment of Gawler Place. Someone (the health food shop I suspect) seems to be in charge of putting tables out during the day. At night it's just left as a bench. There's a sign saying that anyone can use it.
Saw it today. It's quite a nice one, to be honest. Very much along the lines of what you see in San Francisco.

It was financed out of the shop owners own pocket (about 20K I believe) with design help from the ACC to comply with OH&S and parking issues. First one off the ranks with many more to come. If you walk past pop in and say how awesome it is, it will be greatly appreciated I'm sure.

Shahkar
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:22 am
Location: Adelaide CBD
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: News & Discussion: Laneway Revitalisation Projects

#58 Post by Shahkar » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:48 pm

Hindley Street development details coming at the council meeting today.

EDIT: It also contains Regent Street North streetscape concept(at the end) including allowance for a future tram route.

User avatar
metro
Legendary Member!
Posts: 962
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:11 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 371 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: News & Discussion: Laneway Revitalisation Projects

#59 Post by metro » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:33 pm

It would be fantastic if Hindley street could be done like that for its entire length, and Rundle Street as well for that matter. The recent works on Rundle did FA to improve the precinct, Rundle Street really should have been made one-way for road traffic to provide extra footpath and outdoor dining space.

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2383
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 531 times
Been thanked: 229 times

Re: News & Discussion: Laneway Revitalisation Projects

#60 Post by SRW » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:30 am

metro wrote:It would be fantastic if Hindley street could be done like that for its entire length, and Rundle Street as well for that matter. The recent works on Rundle did FA to improve the precinct, Rundle Street really should have been made one-way for road traffic to provide extra footpath and outdoor dining space.
I agree completely.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], ml69 and 12 guests