[COM] Ernst & Young Tower | 51m | 13lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: U/C - City Central Tower 2 - 50.8m

#241 Post by Howie » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:12 am

Thanks fellas. By the way Norman do you have a image host like flickr ? Because we might be implementing file size restrictions on postings. Attachments add too much to our forum backup.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#242 Post by Ben » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:56 am

When the talk about the Site of the Criterion I wonder if this means CC4 or just the Electra House redevelopment... Wasn't a very informative article.

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#243 Post by bm7500 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:45 am

Omicron wrote:Those f'ing blinds on CC1!

The Seagram Building in New York City pioneered the 3-stage blinds - fully open, half open or fully closed, back in 1958. It does make a hell of a difference.
Exactly! Developers spend big $$$$ on bringing an architectually eye pleasing building to market, only to have it spoiled by some shithouse blinds!! At the very least, they should have black backing on them :roll:
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#244 Post by UrbanSG » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:05 am

Ben I think they are only talking about the Electra House redevelopment for now. Whilst it will be a nice addition to this area, they are acting as though this is a tower development in itself the way they are carrying on about it. Once CC2 and the Electra House development is complete the entire northern portion of the site will be fully developed. Then the focus should finally shift to the south with CC4 and 8 in particular and the hotel development. I would have thought something would have happened regarding CC4 by now considering it needs to be done before the GPO redevelopment can occur as CC4 will be primarily for the relocation of Australia Post facilities. Anyway nothing we didn't already know in that article regarding City Central.

The best thing to come out of the article is that there are some big tenant requirements looming next year which sounds positive.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#245 Post by Will » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:04 pm

I am actually quite happy with the way CCT2 is turning out. I like the building's blinds and fins. I really appreaciate how the architects decided to pay homage to the old Advertiser building, by incorporating such features.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#246 Post by Norman » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:54 pm

Howie wrote:Thanks fellas. By the way Norman do you have a image host like flickr ? Because we might be implementing file size restrictions on postings. Attachments add too much to our forum backup.
I might do something on my server for images that don't belong in the main gallery. Thanks for the heads-up though :)

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#247 Post by UrbanSG » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:33 pm

CC2, hating the exposed concrete. Wish they would do something with it. Signage at the top may help but it looks like they may leave the rest exposed. They are also fixing the panles on CC1 which were put on incorrectly (too many lighter ones in the wrong spots I think, plus a broken one). Pic from today:

Mants
Legendary Member!

#248 Post by Mants » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:57 pm

it would look better if they used the same cladding as they did on the south-western corner of cc1.
an absolute shocker from the southerly perspective. it doesnt look too bad from other angles though.
im hoping future buildings in city central block out its southern facade!

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#249 Post by Pants » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:45 am

Hate to whinge, but that's f'n aweful and completely takes away from anything that's good about the rest of the building.

Surely the comparatively small cost of either using the silver cladding used on the western wall of CC1 or continuing with the window panelling as they have done over some of the edges of the core would be worth it.

This is the most important view of city central - from Vic Square - and won't get built out, so I really hope they do something with it.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#250 Post by Will » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:26 pm

I too would like to voice my dissapointed over the decision to leave so much exposed concrete. I really hope they cover it up, because it really cheapens the building.

This is a render of the building: (courtesy of Pants)

It appears that originally, there was not going to be any exposed concrete. If not fixed, this suggests that this building can be added to the list of high-rise buildings which have been dumbed down.

Plasmatron
High Rise Poster!

#251 Post by Plasmatron » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:34 pm

Am I the only one who thinks CC1 would probably look better without the spire? It sees kind of... awkwardly positioned, tacked on at the last minute. Regarding CC2, it's good enough considering the location, I suppose. Would have preferred it without the pods and visible concrete though. Just look how much nicer the render looks (and the roof-line is flatter without bits sticking up).
https://www.youtube.com/UltraVibeProductions

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#252 Post by Pants » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:09 pm

Will wrote:I too would like to voice my dissapointed over the decision to leave so much exposed concrete. I really hope they cover it up, because it really cheapens the building.

This is a render of the building: (courtesy of Pants)

It appears that originally, there was not going to be any exposed concrete. If not fixed, this suggests that this building can be added to the list of high-rise buildings which have been dumbed down.
Yeah, this was an old render Will from when the building was going to have a central core. The core got moved south and the architects/developers/whoever decided in all their wisdom that there was no need to continue with the glass (or any) cladding.

It really is an awful result that isn’t much better than the Advertiser building it replaced.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#253 Post by Ben » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:19 pm

I never understood why the core wasn't where the blank wall of CC1 was.

urban
Legendary Member!

#254 Post by urban » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:53 pm

Ben wrote:I never understood why the core wasn't where the blank wall of CC1 was.
That's far too logical.

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#255 Post by Pants » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:53 pm

Plasmatron wrote:Am I the only one who thinks CC1 would probably look better without the spire?
Nope. The spire looks like an afterthought that has no reference point in the rest of the building and the roofs of both buildings are hugely unappealing.

Again, these are predominantly OK buildings, nothing spectacular but nothing too offensive, but the cheapness of the exposed concrete and plant etc really ruins them, and for me at least, makes them unwelcome additions to the skyline.

I probably wouldn’t care as much if we weren’t promised so much with City Central and it wasn’t the best development spot in town, but…