News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#931 Post by Ben » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:22 pm

Funny you brought up office works. I was walking past Rundle Place tonight and look what I saw on the door of the retail on ground floor of the car park.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#932 Post by pushbutton » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:03 pm

relapse wrote:After going into the Rundle Mall K-Mart, I wouldnt be worried if I was Target as it's not even close to being a full size K-Mart store so it is not going to pose too much of a threat.

It's hard not to be disappointed when you first look in there, whilest I was in there I actually heard others people also voicing their disappointment as to size and lack of variety in the store. It's essentially clothing with a very small toy section and a very small selection of homewares, it actually reminds me of the Golden Grove Target/Baby Target store.
Target and Kmart are two parts of the same company, so they're not competing with each other.

dsriggs
Legendary Member!

#933 Post by dsriggs » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:04 pm

The recently closed Rip Curl store in Rundle Mall is being replaced by the first Ozmosis store in SA.

http://www.ozmosis.com.au/

peas_and_corn
Legendary Member!

#934 Post by peas_and_corn » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:21 am

pushbutton wrote:
relapse wrote:After going into the Rundle Mall K-Mart, I wouldnt be worried if I was Target as it's not even close to being a full size K-Mart store so it is not going to pose too much of a threat.

It's hard not to be disappointed when you first look in there, whilest I was in there I actually heard others people also voicing their disappointment as to size and lack of variety in the store. It's essentially clothing with a very small toy section and a very small selection of homewares, it actually reminds me of the Golden Grove Target/Baby Target store.
Target and Kmart are two parts of the same company, so they're not competing with each other.
lol, the branches of Coles Group hate each other. Just because they have the same parent company doesn't mean they don't compete against each other for sales, since profit for each brand is counted separately.

buub01
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#935 Post by buub01 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:12 pm

Havnt been into the city for a while but has/is the adidas originals store clsoing down? I've noticed the store is for lease on realestate.com

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#936 Post by Ben » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:32 pm

Myer refurb is coming along. Half of the top floor is now complete and is being fit out with stock and Fixtures. You can see inside when going up the escalators.

Shahkar
High Rise Poster!

#937 Post by Shahkar » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:59 am

Myer Centre upgrade details.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#938 Post by AtD » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:39 am

Lipstick on a pig?

Maximus
Legendary Member!

#939 Post by Maximus » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:01 am

AtD wrote:Lipstick on a pig?
Polishing a turd.

Although, come to think of it, the Myer Centre building does look a bit 'piggish'.
It's = it is; its = everything else.
You're = you are; your = belongs to.
Than = comparative ("bigger than"); then = next.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#940 Post by Ben » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:58 am

Looks like a 2nd CHOCOLATERIA SAN CHURRO is not far:

Type: Complying Development
Application Number: DA/265/2013
Lodgement Date: 2/04/2013
Location: House of Pearl, 43-45 Gouger Street, ADELAIDE SA 5000
Description: Fit out of existing cafe/restaurant

Applicant Name:

CHOCOLATERIA SAN CHURRO

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#941 Post by pushbutton » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Great. So they're gonna make it even more bland (even though they only just made it bland a few years ago), and they're not even going to try to do anything with levels 4 or 5 (so can we assume they'll stay blocked off and wasted)?

What a shame. It used to be a unique and fun place to be.

What's even worse is that there are stickers on the tables in the food court saying that they're going to refurbish it (even though they only refurbished it a couple of years ago) and that they're going for a "grunge" theme. Who told them they wanted that?

Well if I am in the city (which I tend to avoid as much as possible) at least I know there are plenty of much nicer places (even if they are all completely devoid of anything fun to do). Rundle Place would be the best of those.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#942 Post by pushbutton » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:33 pm

Perhaps they'll put some lipstick on the pig statues in Rundle Mall as part of that upgrade. They couldn't look much worse than they do without lipstick. How embarrassing to see people who might be visitors to Adelaide taking photos of pigs in the main shopping strip, eating rubbish out of a bin! It's hard to believe whoever came up with that couldn't do better.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#943 Post by monotonehell » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:18 pm

pushbutton wrote:
Perhaps they'll put some lipstick on the pig statues in Rundle Mall as part of that upgrade. They couldn't look much worse than they do without lipstick. How embarrassing to see people who might be visitors to Adelaide taking photos of pigs in the main shopping strip, eating rubbish out of a bin! It's hard to believe whoever came up with that couldn't do better.
Not again... :roll:

Leave the pigs alone. They are fine. Get over your idiotic obsession with them already.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#944 Post by pushbutton » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:27 pm

I am entitled to my opinion and you're entitled to yours, but let's not get personal.

Matt
Legendary Member!

#945 Post by Matt » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:54 pm

"...people taking photos of them..."

Job done. If people want to take photos of bronze pigs, where does the problem lie?
They're a piece of public art. People want pictures of/with them, people want to talk about them (as we are), the purpose has been served.

(I love the pigs. Oink)