News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#1456 Post by The Scooter Guy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:31 pm

The Twin Plaza Book Exchange is now a merchandise store called 'Mad Zombie Collectables'.
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1457 Post by Ben » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:18 pm

I belive Adelaiude's first "Move" store owned by Dick Smith is to open where Swarovski was in the Myer Centre.

Allkai
High Rise Poster!

#1458 Post by Allkai » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:10 pm

The Scooter Guy wrote: And I'm hoping that at the E.S. Wigg & Sons building on Grenfell St next to Medibank won't be another Maccas because if so, HJ at City Cross will be put to absolute shame.
Signage is up - it's a Travel Money Oz.....
:?

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1459 Post by Ben » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:36 am

Rodd & Gunn has moved to the corner tenancy on North Terrace/ Gawler Place. Slowly getting a upmarket retail strip along there.

Stefan
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1460 Post by Stefan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:49 pm

Anyone have any realistic ideas what might be going in the former G-Star sight?

The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1461 Post by The Scooter Guy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:04 pm

Allkai wrote:
The Scooter Guy wrote: And I'm hoping that at the E.S. Wigg & Sons building on Grenfell St next to Medibank won't be another Maccas because if so, HJ at City Cross will be put to absolute shame.
Signage is up - it's a Travel Money Oz.....
:?
Escape Travel will be moving to the former Opal store on King William St in the next few weeks.
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Adelaideretail
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1462 Post by Adelaideretail » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:03 pm

The former G-Star site will be Diesel - They had been looking at the site for a number of months now.

Their store will open by the end of March with the G-star fit-out and they will renovate in June/July to their own fit-out.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1463 Post by jk1237 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:17 pm

Adelaideretail wrote:The former G-Star site will be Diesel - They had been looking at the site for a number of months now.

Their store will open by the end of March with the G-star fit-out and they will renovate in June/July to their own fit-out.
thanks for that. If you have a bit of retail inside knowledge, is there any chance in the near future of top shop or H&M in Adelaide?

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1464 Post by crawf » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:26 pm

Adelaideretail wrote:The former G-Star site will be Diesel - They had been looking at the site for a number of months now.

Wasn't expecting that!. :)

Stefan
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1465 Post by Stefan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:41 pm

Any chance you know if they will be hiring new people? :lol:

Adelaideretail
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1466 Post by Adelaideretail » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:49 pm

I think Diesel will be hiring- ads are due to go on seek tomorrow from what I am told.

As for a H&M...the current issue Adelaide has in Rundle Mall is that there are not many tenancies that meet the required footprint for a store like H&M. Many retailers have the same issue in Adelaide- Topshop, Zara, JB Hifi, Big W, etc. If you think about the spaces that are large enough you will notice that there are already multi-national companies occupying them.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1467 Post by jk1237 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:12 am

the old supre, former Youthworks building has been vacant for quite some time, although it has had 'Leased' stickers on it but I haven't seen any work going on inside that I know of. That shop has a fairly large footprint. Add a 2nd level and there you go for Topshop or H&M

Adelaideretail
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1468 Post by Adelaideretail » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:06 am

jk1237 wrote:the old supre, former Youthworks building has been vacant for quite some time, although it has had 'Leased' stickers on it but I haven't seen any work going on inside that I know of. That shop has a fairly large footprint. Add a 2nd level and there you go for Topshop or H&M
I'm sure that you guys would have seen an application for works for this site if there was a second floor going into the space.
It is more likely that H&M would take a space like the old Country Road building if they could access the basement and another floor in that building.

Nike may be on the move too- their lease is up and no word if they renewed it. Maybe the former supre store could be the new Nike store?

Adeguy72
Gold-Member ;)

#1469 Post by Adeguy72 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:36 am

Ben wrote:I belive Adelaiude's first "Move" store owned by Dick Smith is to open where Swarovski was in the Myer Centre.
This is confirmed on the Myer Centre website - says it is opening on ground level.

I wasn't aware of this chain until I saw your posting.

Looks like a "new" retail concept:

Move is new retail concept which aims to capture a different demographic compared Dick Smith’s regular customer. By pairing the fashionable side of consumer electronics and related accessories and tapping into a youthful audience, Move aims to be a store where the trendy youth go for mobile, audio and wearable devices.

Will be worth a visit when it opens!

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1470 Post by Ben » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:42 pm

Adelaideretail wrote: Nike may be on the move too- their lease is up and no word if they renewed it. Maybe the former supre store could be the new Nike store?
They must have renewed as they are currently closed for renovations including expanding to the adjacant premises (think it was a food outlet).