News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Stefan
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#1546 Post by Stefan » Fri May 29, 2015 11:07 pm

Zara has posted for a number of positions available on seek. Do you guys think this may be a new store opportunity or expanding on their Burnside store?

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1547 Post by Patrick_27 » Sun May 31, 2015 2:39 pm

Stefan wrote:Zara has posted for a number of positions available on seek. Do you guys think this may be a new store opportunity or expanding on their Burnside store?
I'd hope it were a new store, I think Zara have really done themselves a disservice by setting up in Adelaide at somewhere like Burnside Village and not the city. Isn't their contract at Burnside coming up for renewal?

I would not be surprised if they the mystery tenant taking up the old Supre location.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1548 Post by Ben » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:46 pm

Major let down alert... The former supre is going to be Kathmandu...

Nathan

#1549 Post by Nathan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:10 pm

Ben wrote:Major let down alert... The former super is going to be Kathmandu...
So guess they'll be moving out of their Rundle St store, that's going to leave a sizeable hole.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#1550 Post by Brucetiki » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:25 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
metro wrote:
[Shuz] wrote:Surprised no one has mentioned this. But Krispy Kreme have opened up shop on the corner of James Place and Grenfell Street.
I knew it was there, I walked past it on my way to Gourmet Glaze :wink:
The opening wasn't mentioned, but their plans to open there were.

Incredibly dirty move IMO, considering Peregrine want to "give back to South Australia, what South Australia have given to them" I find it funny that they're really trying to damage Gourmet Glaze a locally owned business.

Funnily enough, Krispy Kreme Australia pretty much blackmailed GG about a year after they opened in an attempt to buy them out and re-brand, GG refused all offers.

Gourmet Glaze are better anyway, better ingredients and as a result fresher.
Gourmet Glaze do themselves no favours with their restrictive trading hours. Went into the City Cross food court yesterday and they were closed.

Mountaineer
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1551 Post by Mountaineer » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:30 pm

Ben wrote:Major let down alert... The former supre is going to be Kathmandu...
That's a shame, I don't rate Kathmandu highly. Would've been nice to have a North Face store, too much to ask for with this climate however.

[Shuz]

#1552 Post by [Shuz] » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:05 am

Does this mean Kathmandu will be moving out of thier Rundle Street store? If so, at least see this as a good opportunity for something better to go in its place.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1553 Post by Ben » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:22 am

[Shuz] wrote:Does this mean Kathmandu will be moving out of thier Rundle Street store? If so, at least see this as a good opportunity for something better to go in its place.
I don't know for sure but you would have to assume. I like their Rundle Street building. It would suit something more upmarket.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1554 Post by Ben » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:25 am

In other news Mimco will be moving in to where Novo are in Rundle Place, The large Rundle Place space on Grenfell Street has been leased by the Government and is now "my government" self service for Centrelink and Medicare etc.

The underground bar on Grenfell Street as part of Regent Arcade has been boarded up.

Stefan
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1555 Post by Stefan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:52 am

[Shuz] wrote:Does this mean Kathmandu will be moving out of thier Rundle Street store? If so, at least see this as a good opportunity for something better to go in its place.
There was talk for G-Star to go into the Kathmandu location once the lease is up. However with Denim Enterprises situation I'm not too sure G-Star will go through with this. Would be great though!

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1556 Post by SRW » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:28 pm

In other Rundle Street news, apparently Scoozi cafe will be closing down after next week. I heard the owners have sold up after many, many years in the business, with the new owner planning a renovation and change to mezze style restaurant/bar.
Keep Adelaide Weird

metro
Legendary Member!

#1557 Post by metro » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:54 pm

Good riddance to it, like many other Rundle Street cafes it certainly won't be missed. :cheers:

Nathan

#1558 Post by Nathan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:21 pm

metro wrote:Good riddance to it, like many other Rundle Street cafes it certainly won't be missed. :cheers:
I wouldn't be that harsh on it, but it's true the large Italian cafés that have been around for eons on Rundle St are looking pretty tired these days compared to some of the competition that's popped up on the south side of the road (and on Ebenezer/Vardon). I work around the corner, but can't say I can recall ever going there for lunch.

The Scooter Guy

#1559 Post by The Scooter Guy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:29 pm

Ben wrote:The underground bar on Grenfell Street as part of Regent Arcade has been boarded up.
Either due to suspended license, renovations or even fumigation.
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1560 Post by monotonehell » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:46 am

metro wrote:Good riddance to it, like many other Rundle Street cafes it certainly won't be missed. :cheers:
Harsh. It's always popular and has served consistently good food for years.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.