News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Hippodamus
High Rise Poster!

Re: New Retail in the CBD

#211 Post by Hippodamus » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:07 pm

i too would also love to see it if anyone could kindly upload... :)

thank you in advance

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#212 Post by AtD » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:47 pm

But there's already two stores in Rundle Mall. How many games do you need?

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#213 Post by Ben » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:43 pm

AtD wrote:But there's already two stores in Rundle Mall. How many games do you need?
They closed about a month ago for Smiggle to open up. Just one store.

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#214 Post by Nathan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:47 pm

Ben wrote:
AtD wrote:But there's already two stores in Rundle Mall. How many games do you need?
EB Games have a second store in City Cross, upstairs near Harvey Norman. It's more focussed on 2nd hand and discounted games, and has a much smaller selection of new releases.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#215 Post by Ben » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:26 am

Nathan wrote:
Ben wrote:
EB Games have a second store in City Cross, upstairs near Harvey Norman. It's more focussed on 2nd hand and discounted games, and has a much smaller selection of new releases.
I meant the one in the mall.

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#216 Post by Nathan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:37 am

Ben wrote:
I meant the one in the mall.
Yes, I know it was the one in the mall that closed. I was just clarifying where the second store was.

medo
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#217 Post by medo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:17 pm

Hi,

Well, it’s not a new store but it’s closed now. Does anyone know when it will be reopened (exactly) and how it will look? I am talking about Woolworths. Two weeks ago when I was there the message was – middle of the year.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#218 Post by AtD » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:42 pm

medo wrote:Hi,

Well, it’s not a new store but it’s closed now. Does anyone know when it will be reopened (exactly) and how it will look? I am talking about Woolworths. Two weeks ago when I was there the message was – middle of the year.
It's supposed to open in "mid 2010" and it'll probably be smaller as they are leasing out the mall front to smaller shops (Mall front is worth a fortune). I assume they want to spruce it up before the new supermarket is built under Harris Scarfe.

BTW, I know you're new and welcome. Some of the questions you've asked have already been answered several times. One great tip is to go to Google and put site:sensational-adelaide.com to search the forums, eg searching for site:sensational-adelaide.com rundle mall woolworths gives the relevant threads down the page a bit. This way you get your answer without waiting.

If that fails, feel free to ask. :)

medo
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#219 Post by medo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:01 pm

Thank you! :cheers:

deano91
High Rise Poster!

#220 Post by deano91 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:36 pm

The jackhammering and drilling and what not is driving me INSANE at work at the moment. Working just across the mall is pretty difficult, especially when you are trying to deal with a support team based in India!! Anyways, they put some signage up out the front of the Woolies today saying that an "exciting new Woolworths is coming soon" and it also had the name of the other store that is presumably going to be taking up some of that space...I just can't remember the name now! I'll find out tomorrow at work.

yousername
High Rise Poster!

#221 Post by yousername » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:37 am

Will wrote:Just saw an ad on channel 9. Tomorrow on their 6 O'clock news there will be a story about the recent spate of openings of high-end retail stores in Adelaide.
Did anyone watch it?
Will wrote:Victorians can get f#$%^&*!

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#222 Post by Will » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:49 am

yousername wrote:
Will wrote:Just saw an ad on channel 9. Tomorrow on their 6 O'clock news there will be a story about the recent spate of openings of high-end retail stores in Adelaide.
Did anyone watch it?
I was hoping someone would tape it and place it on youtube.

I did watch it, but I can't do the above. From what I remember, the story pretty much just repeated what we already knew. It said that Alannah Hill will be the next one opening in Rundle Street. It featured interviews with people shopping there, and the overwhelming opinion was that it is great that you do not need to go to Sydney or Melbourne to shop.

The most interesting thing, was that a spokesperson for the Maras group said that at first it was difficult to convince some of these retailers to come to Adelaide, but now that they have seen that there is a robust market for high-end fashion in Adelaide, high-end retailers are now desperate to find retail space in Rundle Street. Essentially, we may see many more high-end retailers open up soon.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#223 Post by jk1237 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:55 am

Calibre store has reopened after its little makeover

After chattin to a guy in Axel Beers at their closing down sale, he said they wont be opening anywhere else and will 'take their money and run', much to the dismay of 3 other customers who overheard the conversation. Its a shame, anyone know what year they opened

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#224 Post by Ben » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:50 pm

deano91 wrote:The jackhammering and drilling and what not is driving me INSANE at work at the moment. Working just across the mall is pretty difficult, especially when you are trying to deal with a support team based in India!! Anyways, they put some signage up out the front of the Woolies today saying that an "exciting new Woolworths is coming soon" and it also had the name of the other store that is presumably going to be taking up some of that space...I just can't remember the name now! I'll find out tomorrow at work.
Went past today.

Think the signage guys got it wrong. There are signs all over saying opening soon : Brown Falconer (However this is the architect who is designing the makeover) :lol:

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#225 Post by jk1237 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:05 pm

make sure you all check out the "gallery on Waymouth". Its where the old FAD bar used to be on Waymouth St, and they've spent over $1million turning it into an uber cool 3 level restaurant and bar, including a rooftop bar, Very nicely done