News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: New Retail in the CBD

#466 Post by crawf » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:45 pm

There has been some changes in the City Cross Arcade lately, with a new cosmetic store opening up near the mall entrance. While two other stores (Imagine If & Mother & Me) have just shut their doors, no idea what is replacing them.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#467 Post by crawf » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:39 pm

The temporary Harris Scarfe store has now opened in Rundle Mall Plaza (underneath Spotlight). While part of Renaissance Arcade is currently being redeveloped into a 350 seat foodcourt.

Speaking of which, I was a bit surprised today to see quite a few people strolling through Renaissance Arcade. There is also been a decrease in vacant shopfronts, which is good to see.

omada
Donating Member
Donating Member

#468 Post by omada » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Speaking of which, I was a bit surprised today to see quite a few people strolling through Renaissance Arcade. There is also been a decrease in vacant shopfronts, which is good to see.
Good to see Renaissance Arcade is experiencing an err...renaissance

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#469 Post by Ben » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:27 pm

T2 are opening in the old Pierucci store. I'm not sure if they'll take up the whole site as it's pretty massive. this will be their first location in South Australia.

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#470 Post by Nathan » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:04 am

Seems Mimco disappearing from Rundle St was somewhat accidental — they forgot to renew their lease... :shock:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertain ... 6044162136
CITY fashionistas may have wondered why glam accessory shop Mimco closed its Rundle St store recently.

According to Steve Maras, of Maras Group, which owns the building the shop was in, Mimco Management simply forgot to renew their lease.

"This was around Christmas," he says. "They said they'd sort it out in the new year but that was too late and we had about five others wanting to rent."

Label Gorman has now opened a store in the space. But Mr Maras didn't rule out a return of the much-loved Mimco, revealing his company would be building in the courtyard behind Saba.

dsriggs
Legendary Member!

#471 Post by dsriggs » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:44 am

That's a good sign when companies are jumping over each other for retail space.

ml69
Legendary Member!

#472 Post by ml69 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:51 pm

SRW wrote:
Top-end brands Tiffany, Louis Vuitton for CBD
23 January 2010, Sunday Mail

GRAB your credit cards, ladies. Designer label Louis Vuitton and Tiffany & Co jewellery are preparing to set up shop in Adelaide.

Rundle Mall Management Authority chairman Theo Maras also confirmed two other high-end brands were in negotiations to start trading in the precinct. "I think this shows that Adelaide is not only the most livable city in Australia but we will be the most stylish city in Australia,'' he said.

"We are on the threshold of what is the renaissance of the city of Adelaide and the retail business.

"There are some big things happening.''

Mr Maras said Tiffany & Co and Louis Vuitton could open as soon as the middle of this year, depending on suitable locations.

"If they choose to move into an existing building, they will move in straight away, but if they want to build, it would have to wait for that,'' he said.

The news follows last year's announcement that popular Spanish fast-fashion store Zara would open its second Australian store in Rundle Mall.
I'd take this all with a huge grain of salt. As someone previously mentioned, Zara already has sites in Melbourne and Sydney -- Adelaide won't be ahead of either.
Has anyone heard any more info on this? Or whether Apple or Zara are planning to open a store in the Adelaide CBD?

I think the opening of an Apple and/or Zara store in Rundle Mall would be a huge drawcard to attract shoppers into the city if the reaction to the Sydney Zara opening is anything to go by. I've also walked past the Apple store in George St Sydney (lived there the past 14 months) and the place is absolutely packed.

If the Adelaide Oval redevelopment goes ahead it would be a boon to see a massive influx of people there on the weekend. Would really get the mall pumping ....

[Shuz]

#473 Post by [Shuz] » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:12 pm

Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

metro
Legendary Member!

#474 Post by metro » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:42 pm

enough with the like button shuz, this aint facebook (yet)

hope we can get Zara and a few of those other stores here, need to stop stupid Adelaidians from travelling to Melbourne regularly and leaving $1000s there in Vic instead of here in SA :?

source of info
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#475 Post by source of info » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:28 pm

After many years of browsing at this site and wondering where people get info, i have finally joined myself, after entering an industry that has access to a lot of this info, and glad to share it to get people excited about developments in this city.

I can confirm Zara has signed on for 2 Adelaide stores, one to open late this year in a new retail development, the other in 12-18 months time within the CBD, depending on possible locations and building owners

the first is a definate site in Burnside Village, confirmed 3 weeks ago, and has now caused more demand from other brands, which i may be able to reveal soon

the other in the mall, potentially the new HS building if not ACP are trying to accomodate to get the giant in there. This is also the case for Apple.

The zara international consultants were checking out other big retailers such as the department stores/ Sportsgirl & G Star Raw... even asking staff their opnion on good positioning on the strip, but not saying where they were from.

As for Rundle st, it would be great if all those camping stores move and create more space for those brands pouring into rundle such as lisa ho sass & bide etc.

good to be here

source of info
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#476 Post by source of info » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:31 pm

As for the big name brands such as lv, gucci etc..

i have heard prada confirmed a site on North Terrace near David Jones, but will try source more definate info.

Heard some of the big players in Adelaide are trying to get these big brands to the boulevard to detract them from rival Burnside.....

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#477 Post by bm7500 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:19 pm

Welcome to the forum source of info! I look forward to any insight on development activity you can share with us.

Cheers :cheers:
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

ml69
Legendary Member!

#478 Post by ml69 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:30 am

Thanks Source of Info : )

Good to have someone on board who has access to some inside knowledge ....

HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade

#479 Post by HeapsGood » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:20 pm

Any chance of a Dan Murphy's in the CBD or would that be too controversial?

I sent them an email suggesting they build one at the Central Market. (pigs might fly).
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

Nathan

#480 Post by Nathan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:48 pm

We don't need a Dan Murphy's in the CBD. We don't need the Woolies/Wesfarmers duopoly taking over any more than it already has. There's already a Vintage Cellars (Wesfarmers) at Central Market.

I'd prefer to see more liquor stores in the vain of East End Cellars.