News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Llessur2002
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2251 Post by Llessur2002 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:50 am

Patrick_27 wrote:Oddly, Jurlique are doing some upgrades to their RMP shopfront including replacement of signage?
The renders seem to suggest that Sportsgirl and Jurlique would be the only ground floor units not affected by the refurbishment. Whether or not they could logistically continue trading during the works is another story.

The newsagency announced last week that they are moving to the lower ground floor opposite JB's. Interesting spot - hopefully they won't be too adversely affected by losing their existing access directly from the street.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#2252 Post by SRW » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:51 am

I wonder why they're being coy about the tenant they've lined up? Surely they got something signed if they're proceeding to application for redevelopment.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Llessur2002

#2253 Post by Llessur2002 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:01 am

Interesting article in the Australian earlier this month:
Aggressive Swedish department store H&M will introduce an online business in Australia and expects the future to hold a mix of click-and-collect and bricks-and- mortar in response to an ever more demanding customer, ­according to H&M’s country manager for Australia, Hans ­Andersson.

H&M has an online presence in 41 of the 67 countries where it operates, but is yet to introduce an online store to Australia. “It won’t be long,” Mr Andersson told The Weekend Australian, saying there was no timetable as yet.

Before H&M introduced an online operation, the group still had to open physical stores in Adelaide and Tasmania, he said.
Full article: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busines ... 658f6e194b

So, whilst there is no timetable, the H&M country manager says that online shopping "won't be long" and a precursor to that happening is a physical store in Adelaide.

I'm still optimistic it's H&M...

Patrick_27

#2254 Post by Patrick_27 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:21 pm

Llessur2002 wrote:
Patrick_27 wrote:Oddly, Jurlique are doing some upgrades to their RMP shopfront including replacement of signage?
The renders seem to suggest that Sportsgirl and Jurlique would be the only ground floor units not affected by the refurbishment. Whether or not they could logistically continue trading during the works is another story.

The newsagency announced last week that they are moving to the lower ground floor opposite JB's. Interesting spot - hopefully they won't be too adversely affected by losing their existing access directly from the street.
Basement newsagencies have obviously worked in the Myer Centre and Rundle Place but that was with all the food court traffic. I feel like the wiser option with regards to the basement level is a similar staircase/escalator layout to that of Rundle Place, freeing up room for some tenancies in the central area of that level. I suspect that maybe Rebel Sport might be taking the floorspace where the newsagency currently is as well as the space behind.

Allkai
High Rise Poster!

#2255 Post by Allkai » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:22 am

Ben wrote:Adelaides first Guzman y Gomez is to open in the long vacant tenancy at 63 Pirie Street. Quite a big Mexican chain in the East. Pirie is becoming quite the hip food place in recent times.
Hudsons Coffee signage now up here. :(

Fitout has been going for a week or so.

The Scooter Guy

#2256 Post by The Scooter Guy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:08 pm

Sushi Time at City Cross is being ridiculously renamed into 'Sushi Sushi'. :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Nathan

#2257 Post by Nathan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:49 pm

The Scooter Guy wrote:Sushitime at City Cross is being ridiculously renamed into 'Sushi Sushi'. :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:
At least the new name doesn't have a hidden shit in it (note the actual lack of space between the words).

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2258 Post by monotonehell » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:17 pm

Nathan wrote:
The Scooter Guy wrote:Sushitime at City Cross is being ridiculously renamed into 'Sushi Sushi'. :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:
At least the new name doesn't have a hidden shit in it (note the actual lack of space between the words).
Also see "City Sushi".
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Patrick_27

#2259 Post by Patrick_27 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:25 pm

Allkai wrote:
Ben wrote:Adelaides first Guzman y Gomez is to open in the long vacant tenancy at 63 Pirie Street. Quite a big Mexican chain in the East. Pirie is becoming quite the hip food place in recent times.
Hudsons Coffee signage now up here. :(

Fitout has been going for a week or so.
Hudson Coffee is next door, they use to occupy their current floorspace as well as the space that Guzman are moving into. Guzman are definitely going there.

The Scooter Guy

#2260 Post by The Scooter Guy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:35 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:As well as People's Choice Credit Union, the neighbouring convenience store in Citi Centre Arcade has closed, I suspect something will be taking up both sites... Here's hoping it's something that actually takes advantage of the arcade access.
I suspect that's the last ever K-Food Express.
Ben wrote:Sushi Train are moving to the much larger tenancy just up from where they are now, where the red door bakery used to be.
From what I saw last week, there's presently no message that they're moving so far.
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Patrick_27

#2261 Post by Patrick_27 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:40 am

The Scooter Guy wrote:
Patrick_27 wrote:As well as People's Choice Credit Union, the neighbouring convenience store in Citi Centre Arcade has closed, I suspect something will be taking up both sites... Here's hoping it's something that actually takes advantage of the arcade access.
I suspect that's the last ever K-Food Express.
I suspect you're correct, good riddance. They're probably the last of those kinds of convenience stores in that area that have an $10.00 EFTPOS minimum and don't have MetroCard recharge facilities.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2262 Post by Ben » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:06 pm

Hungry Jacks on Rundle Street has been split and the renovations are taking place. I'm not sure if the new second tenancy has been leased.

Nathan

#2263 Post by Nathan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:15 pm

And in further Rundle St news, Bing Boy has closed, and Lorna Jane will also soon be shutting up shop (not surprising though, given they have a store in the mall as well).

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#2264 Post by rev » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:06 pm

The Scooter Guy wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:08 pm
Sushi Time at City Cross is being ridiculously renamed into 'Sushi Sushi'. :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:
Sushi Sushi operates all over Australia except NSW. The first Sushi Sushi is already open at the nRAH food court btw, right next to Cibo. :wink:

mshagg
Legendary Member!

#2265 Post by mshagg » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:11 pm

Former Slow moes/wendys in the Rundle Place food court has construction signage for Bakmi Lim noodle project. Will be interesting to see if they can make a go of the spot; the Waymouth site does a decent trade (with good cause - it's tasty, although a bit pricey).