News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 160 times
Contact:

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2581 Post by ChillyPhilly » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:35 pm

I feel like a lot of these small eateries closing is due to their main source of income stemming from business lunches. Probably not enough to cover their overheads.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

User avatar
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2862
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 pm
Location: Bowden
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 473 times
Contact:

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2582 Post by Nathan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:30 pm

Gorman on Rundle St is moving along the road into the former Alannah Hill store. Fit out and new paint already well underway.

User avatar
Llessur2002
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1198
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 pm
Location: West Croydon
Has thanked: 350 times
Been thanked: 528 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2583 Post by Llessur2002 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:36 pm

Nathan wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:30 pm
Gorman on Rundle St is moving along the road into the former Alannah Hill store. Fit out and new paint already well underway.
Well that's the next five weekends' worth of activities for my wife sorted.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6215
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 774 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2584 Post by Ben » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:32 pm

I was hoping they put up signage because its not a good impression for visitors to the CBD to see empty shops with no signage of development
Type: Development Plan Consent
Application Number: DA/123/2018
Lodgement Date: 01/03/2018
Location: RUNDLE MALL PLAZA, 44-60 Rundle Mall, ADELAIDE SA 5000
Description: External signage for new H&M tenancy at Rundle Mall Plaza

User avatar
The Scooter Guy
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1457
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Anywhere!
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 87 times
Contact:

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2585 Post by The Scooter Guy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:28 pm

Blue Lemon on North Tce next to Wok-In-A-Box has closed too.
So assuming the two will be leased as one.
Image
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

utaussiefan
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:46 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2586 Post by utaussiefan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:08 pm

The news OPSM has opened in the former Roger David store & JB HiFI is being renovated with a new store layout at the moment.

User avatar
Llessur2002
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1198
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 pm
Location: West Croydon
Has thanked: 350 times
Been thanked: 528 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2587 Post by Llessur2002 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:49 am

Latest update on the RMP works.
Attachments
Newsletter_RMP.PDF
(389.96 KiB) Downloaded 171 times

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5286
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 289 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2588 Post by crawf » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:21 pm

Llessur2002 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:49 am
Latest update on the RMP works.
Thanks Llessur. So exciting!

User avatar
Llessur2002
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1198
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 pm
Location: West Croydon
Has thanked: 350 times
Been thanked: 528 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2589 Post by Llessur2002 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:24 pm

crawf wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:21 pm
Llessur2002 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:49 am
Latest update on the RMP works.
Thanks Llessur. So exciting!
Try working here ;)

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6215
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 774 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2590 Post by Ben » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:47 am

The warhammer store in citi centre has closed. The Newsagency is having a closing down sale.

HiTouch
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 138 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2591 Post by HiTouch » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:53 am

Ben wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:47 am
The warhammer store in citi centre has closed. The Newsagency is having a closing down sale.
That arcade is starting to age and it's being outdone by its competitors. All it really needs is a few decent stores
1 like = 1 prayer

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6215
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 774 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2592 Post by Ben » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:06 am

They're closing for the redevelopment.

Patrick_27
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1396
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2593 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:37 am

HiTouch wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:53 am
Ben wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:47 am
The warhammer store in citi centre has closed. The Newsagency is having a closing down sale.
That arcade is starting to age and it's being outdone by its competitors. All it really needs is a few decent stores
...That's why they're redeveloping the site...

ml69
Legendary Member!
Posts: 674
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:16 pm
Location: Adelaide SA
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2594 Post by ml69 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:13 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:37 am
HiTouch wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:53 am
Ben wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:47 am
The warhammer store in citi centre has closed. The Newsagency is having a closing down sale.
That arcade is starting to age and it's being outdone by its competitors. All it really needs is a few decent stores
...That's why they're redeveloping the site...
What kind of redevelopment is happening at Citi Centre?

Patrick_27
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1396
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2595 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:52 pm

ml69 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:13 pm
What kind of redevelopment is happening at Citi Centre?
Mentioned extensively in the CBD Retail. Apart from the Rundle Mall fronted businesses (McDonald's, Nike etc) and the corner site (formerly Telstra soon becoming Suncorp Bank) the remainder of the centre will become a Foodland with the entrance where Aussie Disposals current is; no word on which Foodland yet.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Pants and 9 guests