News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
User avatar
Llessur2002
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1313
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 pm
Location: West Croydon
Has thanked: 362 times
Been thanked: 567 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2896 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:23 am

RMP Level 1 food court is accessible to the public - not that anything's opened up there yet. I presume it's mainly to get people from the Myer Centre through into H&M and vice versa.

Looks quite good in terms of finish etc, although it feels a lot smaller than I thought it would for some reason.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by Llessur2002 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5377
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 311 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2897 Post by crawf » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:39 am

Thanks for all your RMP updates Llessur2002. Much appreciated! :)

User avatar
Llessur2002
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1313
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 pm
Location: West Croydon
Has thanked: 362 times
Been thanked: 567 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2898 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:10 pm

crawf wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:39 am
Thanks for all your RMP updates Llessur2002. Much appreciated! :)
Haha - it's the least I can do given that I spend all day, every day in the building...

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:20 pm
Has thanked: 305 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2899 Post by Brucetiki » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:19 pm

Jaymz wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:18 pm
ghs wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:03 pm
Jaymz, if there is such a great market for expensive cars then why did Belcar close down ?
Maybe their business model wasn't sound, I can only speculate.

They were also selling new Jeeps and Alpha Romeos if my memory serves me correctly..... I see the Jeep dealer
on Main North Road is also closed down now.
Adelaide City Jeep have moved to the Metro Used Cars site on Port Rd.

Patrick_27
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 171 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2900 Post by Patrick_27 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:25 pm

Llessur2002 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:23 am
RMP Level 1 food court is accessible to the public - not that anything's opened up there yet. I presume it's mainly to get people from the Myer Centre through into H&M and vice versa.

Looks quite good in terms of finish etc, although it feels a lot smaller than I thought it would for some reason.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Any word yet on what food outlets we might be seeing in here? I suspect it'll just be eateries to service the offices above and a few of the walkers by...

Abwolf
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:21 pm
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2901 Post by Abwolf » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:43 pm

Ventured into Harris Scarfe in Rundle Place this afternoon which was rather quiet considering the Christmas shopping period.

- The cafe on level 2 is no longer in operation - looks like it's been this way for a while.

- The front lift will no longer take you to level 2. There is no indication of this when you enter, you're just greeted with an unresponsive lift when you press 2.

- A large section at the front of level 2 has been cordened off and used as a store room - hence the unresponsive lift.

Are they doing okay?? It feels as though the lack of ground level shopfront is hurting them. And it seems strange that storage is an issue in a store that was designed and built in the last 5 years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk


Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6384
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 858 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2902 Post by Ben » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:13 am

I was under the impression the store is in the midst of a refurb/refit.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5377
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 311 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2903 Post by crawf » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:25 am

Ben wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:13 am
I was under the impression the store is in the midst of a refurb/refit.
Same.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6384
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 858 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2904 Post by Ben » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:35 am

GU Film House on Hindley will now only be open Thursday - Sunday. Not surprised really. They need to clean up the entrance laneway.

User avatar
Llessur2002
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1313
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 pm
Location: West Croydon
Has thanked: 362 times
Been thanked: 567 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2905 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:06 am

Patrick_27 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:25 pm
Any word yet on what food outlets we might be seeing in here? I suspect it'll just be eateries to service the offices above and a few of the walkers by...
The only one I've heard of so far is Soonta. There was talk they were trying to open before Christmas, despite the rest of the food court opening in January.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6384
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 858 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2906 Post by Ben » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:10 am

Llessur2002 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:06 am
Patrick_27 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:25 pm
Any word yet on what food outlets we might be seeing in here? I suspect it'll just be eateries to service the offices above and a few of the walkers by...
The only one I've heard of so far is Soonta. There was talk they were trying to open before Christmas, despite the rest of the food court opening in January.
Soonta is the only one who has put in a dev app which they did a few weeks ago.

User avatar
Llessur2002
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1313
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 pm
Location: West Croydon
Has thanked: 362 times
Been thanked: 567 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2907 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:12 am

I've replaced a couple of the blurred pictures in my post above, as well as added a couple of extras if anyone's interested ↑↑↑

User avatar
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2969
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 pm
Location: Bowden
Has thanked: 175 times
Been thanked: 521 times
Contact:

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2908 Post by Nathan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:09 pm

Another Soonta? They already have two stores within a stones throw — one in James Pl, and one in Rundle Place.

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3327
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:39 pm
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2909 Post by Waewick » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:27 pm

Nathan wrote:Another Soonta? They already have two stores within a stones throw — one in James Pl, and one in Rundle Place.
What is the attraction of Soonta?

arki
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:35 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2910 Post by arki » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:11 pm

Waewick wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:27 pm
Nathan wrote:Another Soonta? They already have two stores within a stones throw — one in James Pl, and one in Rundle Place.
What is the attraction of Soonta?
I'd suggest the only attraction is from people wanting to avoid the large queues at the far superior Miss Mai :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests