News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
User avatar
rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3537
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 287 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2926 Post by rev » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:05 pm

Ben wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:20 pm
Not sure if I missed it but was there a point to that post?
Yeh, pretty obvious I would have thought...CBD Retail thread..post about a vacant retail store...

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6384
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 858 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2927 Post by Ben » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:30 pm

From 2015?? Why now?

User avatar
The Scooter Guy
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1493
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Anywhere!
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 88 times
Contact:

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2928 Post by The Scooter Guy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:03 pm

Ben wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:30 pm
From 2015?? Why now?
Just because I'm concerned about its future.
The True Location of Tea Tree Gully is in any state but yours.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

User avatar
Llessur2002
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1313
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 pm
Location: West Croydon
Has thanked: 362 times
Been thanked: 567 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2929 Post by Llessur2002 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:44 pm

Looks like the tenants have been finalised for the RMP food court...

Image

Apparently Soonta will be moving their St James Place store to RMP. I thought it was a good fit for that strip but hopefully it'll do well in its new location.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1393
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2930 Post by pushbutton » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:50 pm

Does "Parents Room" have other restaurants, or is this the first? I've never seen it elsewhere. I'm guessing they'll have lots of high chairs and things for little kids to play with while the parents enjoy their meals.

Patrick_27
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 171 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2931 Post by Patrick_27 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:41 pm

And you can almost bet that no-one is going to go up there, there are no drawcard eateries in that mix. Soonta is known but they aren't that established...

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 1931
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 359 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2932 Post by SRW » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:56 pm

Soonta is pretty prolific around Adelaide, with plenty of customers. I don’t know if they’ll gain any extras though, as it’s in pretty much the same catchment as Rundle Place and will probably mostly shift those who prefer the view.

Ban Ban, if it’s the same as Franklin Street, has had a great deal of hype and the restaurant has been busy since opening.
Keep Adelaide Weird

User avatar
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2969
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 pm
Location: Bowden
Has thanked: 175 times
Been thanked: 521 times
Contact:

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2933 Post by Nathan » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:00 am

SRW wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:56 pm
Ban Ban, if it’s the same as Franklin Street, has had a great deal of hype and the restaurant has been busy since opening.
I've been very keen to try Ban Ban, but the serving size/pricing on the chicken pretty much requires you to go as a group of four or more. If this new outlet caters for weekday lunch crowd, then I'll be there with bells on.

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 1931
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 359 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2934 Post by SRW » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:33 pm

Nathan wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:00 am
SRW wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:56 pm
Ban Ban, if it’s the same as Franklin Street, has had a great deal of hype and the restaurant has been busy since opening.
I've been very keen to try Ban Ban, but the serving size/pricing on the chicken pretty much requires you to go as a group of four or more. If this new outlet caters for weekday lunch crowd, then I'll be there with bells on.
Tbh, I was fine with the price/serving, but I think they excel more in branding and fit out than they do flavour. There are better Korean chicken joints around.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3327
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:39 pm
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2935 Post by Waewick » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:59 pm

pushbutton wrote:Does "Parents Room" have other restaurants, or is this the first? I've never seen it elsewhere. I'm guessing they'll have lots of high chairs and things for little kids to play with while the parents enjoy their meals.
Im not sure if you are being sarcastic.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1393
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2936 Post by pushbutton » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:43 pm

Waewick wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:59 pm
pushbutton wrote:Does "Parents Room" have other restaurants, or is this the first? I've never seen it elsewhere. I'm guessing they'll have lots of high chairs and things for little kids to play with while the parents enjoy their meals.
Im not sure if you are being sarcastic.
Take a look at the photo of the sign!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 11 guests