News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
Allkai
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:59 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#3016 Post by Allkai » Tue May 14, 2019 7:44 am

Two levels of vacancy at 111 Gawler Place is to be filled by Anytime Fitness.

User avatar
Llessur2002
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1540
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 pm
Location: West Croydon
Has thanked: 484 times
Been thanked: 713 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#3017 Post by Llessur2002 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:37 pm

OPSM in Rundle Mall Plaza seems to have closed down - the store is being gutted now.

I did wonder whether they were planning a move seeing as they opened a new store on Rundle Mall a few months ago, although it seems a little strange that they bothered staying in RMP and fitting out that store from scratch at the same time.

Image

Upstairs in RMP, Kyoto Sushi will soon be taking the large corner vacancy in the food court:

Image

Image

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6909
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 305 times
Been thanked: 1214 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#3018 Post by Ben » Tue May 14, 2019 4:41 pm

i'm fairly certain its just a rebranding to Laubman and Pank.

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2706
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 710 times
Been thanked: 338 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#3019 Post by SRW » Tue May 14, 2019 4:58 pm

Ben wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:41 pm
i'm fairly certain its just a rebranding to Laubman and Pank.
Are L&P then closing on Gawler Place south? A few vacancies along there already if so, with Allan's Music long empty and Bag Heaven and one of the ugg boot stores recently shut. Not to mention the decrepit Da Costa Arcade. Really hoping the streetscape upgrade leads to a business rejuvenation.

Actually, regarding Allan's Music, it's a fairly sizeable tenancy (especially if the neighbouring Foods For Life were reincorporated) that could one day make a good home for a mini major like Sephora (for eg, not saying that's likely), despite not being on the main drag.
Keep Adelaide Weird

nath91
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#3020 Post by nath91 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:17 am

Sephora may be looking at ex Just Jeans I hear. Other possibilities are ex Supre or ex BNKR.

User avatar
AndyWelsh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:44 pm
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 576 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#3021 Post by AndyWelsh » Thu May 16, 2019 3:29 pm

Quick retail update from today at Rundle Place and Rundle Mall:


Open

Image

Image

Opening Very Soon

Image

Image


Opening Soon

Image

For Lease

Image

Leased

Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

relapse
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:15 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#3022 Post by relapse » Thu May 16, 2019 4:28 pm

SRW wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:58 pm
Ben wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:41 pm
i'm fairly certain its just a rebranding to Laubman and Pank.
Are L&P then closing on Gawler Place south? A few vacancies along there already if so, with Allan's Music long empty and Bag Heaven and one of the ugg boot stores recently shut. Not to mention the decrepit Da Costa Arcade. Really hoping the streetscape upgrade leads to a business rejuvenation.

Actually, regarding Allan's Music, it's a fairly sizeable tenancy (especially if the neighbouring Foods For Life were reincorporated) that could one day make a good home for a mini major like Sephora (for eg, not saying that's likely), despite not being on the main drag.
I reckon the old Allan's site would be great for Culture Kings.

Surely they have to come to Adelaide sooner or later.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5426
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 328 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#3023 Post by crawf » Fri May 17, 2019 12:28 pm

nath91 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:17 am
Sephora may be looking at ex Just Jeans I hear.
I think it's way too small for a store like Sephora.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!
Posts: 824
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:20 pm
Has thanked: 531 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#3024 Post by Brucetiki » Fri May 17, 2019 4:04 pm

That L'occitaine looks tiny compared to their other stores - I reckon David Jones would have a better range of stock.

Nort
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1273
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm
Has thanked: 280 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#3025 Post by Nort » Thu May 23, 2019 1:47 pm

They're starting to fill the freezers (and it looked like cheese in the deli section), so the Rundle Mall Foodland can't be long off opening.

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2706
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 710 times
Been thanked: 338 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#3026 Post by SRW » Thu May 23, 2019 2:05 pm

Nort wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:47 pm
They're starting to fill the freezers (and it looked like cheese in the deli section), so the Rundle Mall Foodland can't be long off opening.
Next Wednesday, May 29:
https://www.facebook.com/RomeosRetailGr ... 125168087/
Keep Adelaide Weird

User avatar
Uncle Monty
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: Adelaide Hills
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#3027 Post by Uncle Monty » Fri May 24, 2019 7:28 am

I saw a Sumo sign on the wall in the new city Foodland yesterday so that must be part of the food offerings.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#3028 Post by Eurostar » Thu May 30, 2019 8:13 am

New Rundle Mall looks good, clean store, well lit, plenty of checkouts, a cafe and windows looking out towards street and Hindmarsh Square

A-Town
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:14 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#3029 Post by A-Town » Thu May 30, 2019 9:58 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:13 am
New Rundle Mall looks good, clean store, well lit, plenty of checkouts, a cafe and windows looking out towards street and Hindmarsh Square
Yep, a very nice supermarket indeed. Is it the first Foodland to have self serving checkouts?

User avatar
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3218
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 pm
Location: Bowden
Has thanked: 213 times
Been thanked: 685 times
Contact:

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#3030 Post by Nathan » Thu May 30, 2019 10:29 pm

A-Town wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:58 pm
Eurostar wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:13 am
New Rundle Mall looks good, clean store, well lit, plenty of checkouts, a cafe and windows looking out towards street and Hindmarsh Square
Yep, a very nice supermarket indeed. Is it the first Foodland to have self serving checkouts?
Norwood has had a small self-checkout area for quite a while now.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests