News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
User avatar
bmw boy
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:45 am

Re: Adelaide's New fashion strip?

#46 Post by bmw boy » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:38 pm

haha dw beamer I care

User avatar
Diamond
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:04 pm
Location: Platinum on the Beach, Glenelg

Re: Adelaide's New fashion strip?

#47 Post by Diamond » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:31 pm

Good stuff! :D

Can't wait to check it out next time I'm in town. Any idea when it opens?
Vladimir Putin - TIME Magazine's Man Of The Year 2007

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6725
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 268 times
Been thanked: 1084 times

Re: Adelaide's New fashion strip?

#48 Post by Ben » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:57 am

Diamondov wrote:Good stuff! :D

Can't wait to check it out next time I'm in town. Any idea when it opens?
it will open in the next couple of days, not sure exactly when though but I think Wed or Thurs.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5416
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 180 times
Been thanked: 320 times

Re: Adelaide's New fashion strip?

#49 Post by crawf » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:30 pm

The new Hugo Boss store is looking fantastic

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6725
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 268 times
Been thanked: 1084 times

Re: Adelaide's New fashion strip?

#50 Post by Ben » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:26 pm

HUGO BOSS is OPEN!

Be warned it is very hot in there not sure if the air con isn't working yet or its the fact it's a glass box...

also be warned they critique your fashion sense and some guy told me I was wearing my clothes incorrectly... WTF

tstaylor
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 12:05 pm

Re: Adelaide's New fashion strip?

#51 Post by tstaylor » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:32 pm

crawf wrote:Apart of the Grenfell Centre redevelopment

I was in there last month, it wasn't a warm day but stinking hot inside, wonder what they would be like in winter.
BTW if I may add great structural drafting on that job!!

User avatar
rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2924
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Nairne
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: Adelaide's New fashion strip?

#52 Post by rhino » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:55 pm

beamer85 wrote:also be warned they critique your fashion sense and some guy told me I was wearing my clothes incorrectly... WTF
:lol: :lol: Can you elaborate? As you say - WTF???
cheers,
Rhino

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6725
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 268 times
Been thanked: 1084 times

Re: Adelaide's New fashion strip?

#53 Post by Ben » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:08 pm

rhino wrote:
beamer85 wrote:also be warned they critique your fashion sense and some guy told me I was wearing my clothes incorrectly... WTF
:lol: :lol: Can you elaborate? As you say - WTF???
Ok as it seems it is just me that is uneducated everyone else in my office knew too.

I was wearing a suit and my jacket was three button. I had the bottom two done up and he said the bottom button on a three button suit is not meant to be down up as it ruins the shape of the jacket it is there for show and only the middle and top button should be done up. So there you go. Learn something new every day haha

User avatar
jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Glenelg-Marion Area

Re: Adelaide's New fashion strip?

#54 Post by jimmy_2486 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:12 pm

beamer85 wrote: I was wearing a suit and my jacket was three button. I had the bottom two done up and he said the bottom button on a three button suit is not meant to be down up as it ruins the shape of the jacket it is there for show and only the middle and top button should be done up. So there you go. Learn something new every day haha
OMG as if u didnt know that!!!! :lol:

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6725
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 268 times
Been thanked: 1084 times

Re: Adelaide's New fashion strip?

#55 Post by Ben » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:13 pm

jimmy_2486 wrote:
beamer85 wrote: I was wearing a suit and my jacket was three button. I had the bottom two done up and he said the bottom button on a three button suit is not meant to be down up as it ruins the shape of the jacket it is there for show and only the middle and top button should be done up. So there you go. Learn something new every day haha
OMG as if u didnt know that!!!! :lol:
:oops:

User avatar
rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2924
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Nairne
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: Adelaide's New fashion strip?

#56 Post by rhino » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:16 pm

Well, I guess I won't be going in there in my jeans and walking boots that I wear to work!
cheers,
Rhino

User avatar
jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Glenelg-Marion Area

Re: Adelaide's New fashion strip?

#57 Post by jimmy_2486 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:19 pm

heheh relax beamer dont think im paying you out..... just sounded funny the way u said it all!! heeh

User avatar
Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 1253
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Back Home
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Adelaide's New fashion strip?

#58 Post by Pants » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:28 pm

beamer85 wrote:
rhino wrote:
beamer85 wrote:also be warned they critique your fashion sense and some guy told me I was wearing my clothes incorrectly... WTF
:lol: :lol: Can you elaborate? As you say - WTF???
Ok as it seems it is just me that is uneducated everyone else in my office knew too.

I was wearing a suit and my jacket was three button. I had the bottom two done up and he said the bottom button on a three button suit is not meant to be down up as it ruins the shape of the jacket it is there for show and only the middle and top button should be done up. So there you go. Learn something new every day haha
:D

Quick tip for doing up 3 button suits mate:
Top – always
Middle – sometimes
Bottom – never

:idea:

User avatar
Cruise
Banned
Banned
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:19 pm
Location: Bay 115, Football Park

Re: Adelaide's New fashion strip?

#59 Post by Cruise » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:30 pm

rhino wrote:Well, I guess I won't be going in there in my jeans and walking boots that I wear to work!
Id proberly get kicked out if i went there after work with my dirty hands, messy hair, steel cap boots and my blue work shirt on!!! (I think you know what shirts i mean) :lol:

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6725
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 268 times
Been thanked: 1084 times

Re: Adelaide's New fashion strip?

#60 Post by Ben » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:37 pm

Pants wrote:
:D

Quick tip for doing up 3 button suits mate:
Top – always
Middle – sometimes
Bottom – never

:idea:
Thanks Pants I have often noticed guys walking past with the bottom one open and thought it looked ridiculous and the musn't have realised when in fact they were laughing at me haha oh well.

Anything else I should now before I next go into the store? lol

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ben, Google Adsense [Bot], Howie, kenget and 14 guests