[CAN] 64 Currie Street | 92m | 25 Levels | QT Hotel/Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

[CAN] Re: 64 Currie Street | 92m | 25 Levels | QT Hotel/Office

#301 Post by SRW » Tue May 21, 2019 1:24 pm

Nathan wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:02 pm
SRW wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:50 am
A little worried about the Brightonlite precast concrete façade given the poor track record of recent developments, so fingers crossed it doesn't end up another blight
It shouldn't. They're specifically using a tinted concrete, so they're obviously intending for it for it to be a good finish raw. It'll certainly look better than painted concrete.
I have no issue with concrete per se. Indeed, some of my favourite buildings in the city make beautiful use of it. My issue is when the applied tint bates no resemblance to that intended. Case in point is Dwell, which is not only not the colour indicated but of a porous type that that soaks rather than sheets water (the aesthetic effect of which is, of course, subjective). Admittedly, student apartment construction is far more marginal than hotel/office, so a higher standard here is much more likely.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Llessur2002
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#302 Post by Llessur2002 » Tue May 21, 2019 1:32 pm

I like this one :)

Ser Noit of Loit
High Rise Poster!

#303 Post by Ser Noit of Loit » Wed May 22, 2019 9:55 pm

HiTouch wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:24 am
Is it just me or does it seem a lot of our highrises are becoming narrower? Is it because of higher land prices or is there another reason?

It's not a good/bad thing. Some "narrower" buildings look great. Just an observation.
May be coincidental from small properties in the CBD selling recently, or their owners dividing them.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#304 Post by Ben » Fri May 24, 2019 11:40 am

From ASX
DEVELOPMENT APPROVAL RECEIVED ON CURRIE ST
Adelaide, Australia, Friday 24 May 2019: Axiom Properties Limited (ASX:AXI) refers to
previous announcements regarding the Company’s interest in the mixed-use development at
62 Currie Street, Adelaide, South Australia, and is pleased to announce that the State
Commission Assessment Panel (SCAP) has granted Development Approval on the proposed
scheme.

In addition to working with Event Hospitality and Entertainment Limited (ASX:EVT) on design
development of the previously announced QT hotel brand for the site (22 February 2019), the
Company continues to progress its commercial pre-leasing campaign to work towards achieving
financial close.

CharlSx
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#305 Post by CharlSx » Fri May 24, 2019 3:22 pm

I don't hate this but it could be better. I'd have preferred the building to be a little slimmer with more height.

ghs

#306 Post by ghs » Fri May 24, 2019 3:53 pm

the Company continues to progress its commercial pre-leasing campaign to work towards achieving
financial close.
In other words, development won't be starting for quite some time because they don't have any tennants.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#307 Post by Jaymz » Fri May 24, 2019 11:34 pm

Another article about this one in todays online Advertiser........

"QT Hotels & Resort will open its first complex in Adelaide
Celeste Villani, City Editor, The City
an hour ago

Adelaide CBD hotel proposes rooftop bar and new laneway

The QT Hotel brand will make its South Australian debut by 2021, when it opens in a $180 million complex on Currie St.

The state’s planning authority approved the 25-storey hotel and office complex — to be built at the former home of the Avant-Garde Furnishing showroom — on Thursday.

It will have 198 hotel rooms, a gym, a cafe, restaurants, conference areas and 10 floors of offices, including an up-market co-working space on two of the floors.

There will also be a rooftop restaurant and bar and a new laneway connecting Currie to Schrader streets.

The centre’s construction will create about 200 jobs and a further 100 permanent jobs will be generated when the QT Hotel opens.

The development, called SIXTY2CURRIE, is a joint venture between the site’s owner, Auspac Networks Ptd Ltd, and Axiom Properties Limited.

Axiom Properties Limited general manager Paul Rouvray said the complex would “contribute to supporting the vibrancy of the West End”.

“The location of SIXTY2CURRIE in the epicentre of Adelaide’s burgeoning all day and night small bar and contemporary dining scene is no accident,” Mr Rouvray said.

The QT Hotel was formally approved on May 23.
“With Leigh St and Peel St right on our doorstep it’s important for SIXTY2CURRIE to further enhance this vibrant precinct.”

The boutique QT Hotel will have a lobby on the ground floor and rooms on levels 13-22.

“It is important that SIXY2CURRIE not only provides incredible restaurants and bar spaces for QT Hotel guests, but also for our commercial office tenants, who will have an amenity not before seen in Adelaide,” Mr Rouvray said.

“However we also want the local community to be part of the precinct.

“SIXTY2CURRIE will provide an up-scale addition to the West End as Adelaide’s premier night time social destination.”

It will be the 11th QT Hotel built in Australia."

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#308 Post by Jaymz » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:09 am

A snippet from The Advertiser 2 days ago, saying that the first tenant has been secured......

"A network of global co-working spaces will set up shop in Adelaide as part of Axiom Properties’ $180 million office and hotel development on Currie St.

Work Club, which opened its first co-working space in Sydney in 2013, has agreed to take two floors, or 1600sqm, in Axiom’s SIXTY2CURRIE project, which won development approval last month."

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#309 Post by SRW » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:07 am

Leasing notwithstanding, can we expect this to commence late this year or early next if they're aiming for 2021 open?
Keep Adelaide Weird

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#310 Post by gnrc_louis » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:28 am

Could someone photoshop this, Sofiel and 75-79 King William into the one picture?

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#311 Post by SRW » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:02 pm

There was this one row posted of Sofitel/Luminesque and the proposal at 74-75 KWS:
row wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:44 pm
Would be awesome to see QT lined up in this view too.
Keep Adelaide Weird

AndyWelsh
Legendary Member!

#312 Post by AndyWelsh » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:34 am

This development already said it will include a new laneway between Currie and Schrader. I’m sure I also read that they would consider a new laneway through to Leigh Street if the possibility came up. I wonder if that might be explored now with the sad news about Rigoni’s closing?

I’m assuming this glass structure at the side of the brick building filled an old laneway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ho Really

#313 Post by Ho Really » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:12 pm

AndyWelsh wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:34 am
This development already said it will include a new laneway between Currie and Schrader. I’m sure I also read that they would consider a new laneway through to Leigh Street if the possibility came up. I wonder if that might be explored now with the sad news about Rigoni’s closing?

I’m assuming this glass structure at the side of the brick building filled an old laneway?
Yes that's the old laneway. There was a side entrance to the kitchen at the back. I didn't know Rigoni is closing down. Very sad indeed.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

AndyWelsh
Legendary Member!

#314 Post by AndyWelsh » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:18 pm

Ho Really wrote:
AndyWelsh wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:34 am

Yes that's the old laneway. There was a side entrance to the kitchen at the back. I didn't know Rigoni is closing down. Very sad indeed.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smithy85
High Rise Poster!

#315 Post by Smithy85 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:43 pm

Built have been awarded the early works/ECI package for this project.