[COM] Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

#4456 Post by Waewick » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:38 am

Hooligan wrote:I never knew this until now, but I really want to go to a fishing stadium now.
Maybe fill the Oval up and have Naval fights like in Roman times

ghs

#4457 Post by ghs » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:07 pm

When are they going to get rid of those pathetic stupid concrete blocks on the eastern side
of Adelaide oval ?

Just because a terrorist drove a car into a crowd in a big city over on the other side of the world
doesn't mean that somebody is going to do the same thing here in a country town like Adelaide.

Honestly they don't fit in with the decor of the oval and they're also painted blue because of the strikers
and their season finished quite some time ago and won't be starting again until the end of the year.

Patrick_27

#4458 Post by Patrick_27 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:23 pm

ghs wrote:When are they going to get rid of those pathetic stupid concrete blocks on the eastern side
of Adelaide oval ?

Just because a terrorist drove a car into a crowd in a big city over on the other side of the world
doesn't mean that somebody is going to do the same thing here in a country town like Adelaide.

Honestly they don't fit in with the decor of the oval and they're also painted blue because of the strikers
and their season finished quite some time ago and won't be starting again until the end of the year.
It's my understanding that the council/government are slowly working their way through all of the relevant public spaces to provide permanent bollards (similar to those recently erected at either end of the mall)... Sure, the likelihood of a terrorist attack in Adelaide is low but you can't blame the government for being cautious, especially when your only gripe against they system is the aesthetic of the temporary measures.

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#4459 Post by timtam20292 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:38 pm

ghs wrote:When are they going to get rid of those pathetic stupid concrete blocks on the eastern side
of Adelaide oval ?

"Country town like Adelaide" :wallbash:

How can you say that what's happened overseas won't ever happen here? People probably thought that a lunatic would never drive into crowds in Bourke Street Mall and yet it happened. No city or town is immune to terrorism or lunatics that decide to drive into large crowds of people for what ever reason.

At least be grateful that your safety at the oval is a number one priority and of the utmost concern. :roll:

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#4460 Post by Norman » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:53 am

timtam20292 wrote:
of Adelaide oval ?

"Country town like Adelaide" :wallbash:

How can you say that what's happened overseas won't ever happen here? People probably thought that a lunatic would never drive into crowds in Bourke Street Mall and yet it happened. No city or town is immune to terrorism or lunatics that decide to drive into large crowds of people for what ever reason.

At least be grateful that your safety at the oval is a number one priority and of the utmost concern. :roll:
Just ignore him. Don't feed the troll.

ChillyPhilly

#4461 Post by ChillyPhilly » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:19 am

I thought the blocks had some connection with Royal Croquet Club and the Adelaide Festival. That's about the time they appeared.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Llessur2002

#4462 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:23 am

ChillyPhilly wrote:I thought the blocks had some connection with Royal Croquet Club and the Adelaide Festival. That's about the time they appeared.
Nah, it was for the last couple of Strikers games.

bits
Legendary Member!

#4463 Post by bits » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:24 am

They were installed in December after the Nice and Berlin terrorism attacks.
They are temporary until permanent barriers are installed.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-21/s ... al/8138076

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#4464 Post by Brucetiki » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:57 pm

The AV/lighting upgrade has gradually been taking place over the past 6 weeks or so.

Level 4 LED signage is up and running. The LED lighting in the western stands is up and running, with it gradually coming across the eastern stands too.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#4465 Post by I Follow PAFC » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:14 pm

Lights, sound, action! #AdelaideOval is proud to launch its new world class sound and lighting upgrade…just in time for the Magellan Ashes Test. Head to Facebook to watch the full video.
https://www.facebook.com/adelaideoval/v ... 778534211/
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

Mpol03
Legendary Member!

#4466 Post by Mpol03 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:03 pm

That looks amazing thank you for sharing :)

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#4467 Post by timtam20292 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:18 pm

I watched it, absolutely incredible, would love to witness the lighting in person. :applause: :applause:

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM] Re: [COM] Re: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

#4468 Post by Norman » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:35 pm

timtam20292 wrote:I watched it, absolutely incredible, would love to witness the lighting in person. :applause: :applause:
You will be able to when the Adelaide Strikers start their season in December.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#4469 Post by I Follow PAFC » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:30 pm

Was watching it over the last two nights from the RAH.
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

[Shuz]

#4470 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:51 am

Wow. Just, wow. Absolutely incredible.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.