[COM] Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Honey of a City
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

#4471 Post by Honey of a City » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:15 am

The ACC should engage the lighting design company for the Riverbank light display as well. Might impress the councilors who find the current proposals underwhelming.

ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#4472 Post by ghs » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:30 am

Mpol03 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:03 pm
That looks amazing thank you for sharing :)
Don't forget we have to pay $10 for a beer for it.

Aikhme
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#4473 Post by Aikhme » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:44 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:31 pm
buildit83 wrote:
Aikhme wrote:I believe a whole new Stadium should still be required if they are going to get to host some World Cup Soccer Games.

Hindmarsh is not suitable. Adelaide Oval just plain too big and not appropriate

So they will need a 25000 all seater Soccer Stadium to FIFA Standards.

The State Government never factored this in at all.

No the Adelaide Oval doesn't make the skyline look any worse at all. It is quite nice actually.
why worry about building a World Cup compliant stadium when we currently haven't won World Cup bid? if we win a bid for a World Cup we would probably have 7 or 8 years to get our act together and build one. this is a non-issue right now because Australia will not host a World Cup anytime soon anyway and if we do, compliance for a World Cup stadium will probably change in the future anyway.
I don't agree. We should always be preparing for a World Cup or Commonwealth games; maybe not so far as building venues, but at-least have blueprints and land available/ready for expected federal funding for such projects if such facilities were required for high-profile events.

Adelaide Oval meets all of FIFA's standards, stadia size isn't an issue; a World Cup game would sell out, whether it's locals or visitors filling the stands, people flock to these matches. The state government did factor this in, hence Adelaide Oval being included in the bid as a venue for any potential World Cup hosted by Australia. I don't know what FIFA standards you are referring to. IF Adelaide were to expand/build a new facility for Football (with a round ball), 25,000 would be an appropriate capacity, however try justifying to those naysayers who read the rubbish in The Advertiser (a.k.a. misinformed voters) that the government should spend $250-350 million on a new stadium which will only see the addition of 8,500 seats for a sport that won't have weekly sell-out crowds and will only be home to one national-level team. For the time being, Hindmarsh should be upgraded, roofs over the stands as a basic minimum and where possible increase the size of the pitch. Personally I'd like to see similar upgrades to all the stands as was done to the Western stand in 2000, pending on room available for such an expansion, that could add the additional 8,500 seats required to take the venue to 25,000. Food for thought. :)
I agree that Hindmarsh needs to be upgraded as the minimum.

But I would be more in favour of building a new 20,000 to 25,000 thousand stadium next to Adelaide Oval somewhere, for many reasons such as transportation and turning the area into a bigger sporting and events hub like they have in Melbourne.

Adelaide United are doing well and would probably almost fill it if they have this capacity. Concerts and shows can also be held there and some Rugby too.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#4474 Post by how good is he » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:07 pm

In the meantime they should just extend the tram the 500m-1km to Hindmarsh (and same to AO)....

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#4475 Post by Patrick_27 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:05 pm

Aikhme wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:44 pm

But I would be more in favour of building a new 20,000 to 25,000 thousand stadium next to Adelaide Oval somewhere, for many reasons such as transportation and turning the area into a bigger sporting and events hub like they have in Melbourne.

Adelaide United are doing well and would probably almost fill it if they have this capacity. Concerts and shows can also be held there and some Rugby too.
Whilst I have mentioned that I feel Hindmarsh should either be rebuilt or relocated elsewhere, what a lot of people on this forum don't seem to understand is that fans love the stadium as it is. They don't want to see it bigger and they don't want to see it moved; and based on current A-League stats, crowd numbers are starting to drop off (this includes Adelaide United) so the demand isn't necessarily there...

Aikhme
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#4476 Post by Aikhme » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:23 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:05 pm
Aikhme wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:44 pm

Whilst I have mentioned that I feel Hindmarsh should either be rebuilt or relocated elsewhere, what a lot of people on this forum don't seem to understand is that fans love the stadium as it is. They don't want to see it bigger and they don't want to see it moved; and based on current A-League stats, crowd numbers are starting to drop off (this includes Adelaide United) so the demand isn't necessarily there...
Yes I love the stadium too.

It is pretty much the only dedicated Soccer Rectangular Stadium in Australia, and it provides a great atmosphere.

I think it's the best Soccer Stadium in Australia besides AAMI.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Melbourne_R ... ar_Stadium

However, if we build a Rectangular Stadium next to AO or in that vicinity somewhere, next to transport and in the city, it would be even better. Think of the focal point and bringing thousands more into the city during A League games, and also things like concerts and other dual uses.

Hindmarsh has had its day and is starting to get a little tired. And there isn't any room for expansion really. Sure the gaps can be filled in at a cost, but I reckon we would be better off bringing it to the city and having a Sports Hub.

I think most Football Fans who do actually like Hindmarsh do also recognize the need for a new Rectangular Stadium. They also see the need for the stands to be covered at Hindmarsh too.