[COM] Rundle Lantern

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
kernelpanic
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM] Re: #COM: Rundle Lantern

#811 Post by kernelpanic » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:02 pm

monotonehell wrote:If you're not supposed to know this, how come it was posted on here a number of weeks ago? ;)
DOH! :oops:

OK, so I should pay closer attention. But I was told under pain of death. Apparently I needn't fear for my life after all. :D

sam
Donating Member
Donating Member

#812 Post by sam » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:11 pm

Omicron wrote:Most frustratingly, I've come down with some kind of fever. It had better pass by tomorrow's eve, or I shall become upset and trample puppies.
I'm not too good either - wasn't going to make it originally, then I could, but now don't think I'll be well enough..

I just woke up when I received a txt message to discover I was watching a Harold Holt documentary - looked interesting but I don't even remember starting to watch it!

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#813 Post by Omicron » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:40 pm

sam wrote:
Omicron wrote:Most frustratingly, I've come down with some kind of fever. It had better pass by tomorrow's eve, or I shall become upset and trample puppies.
I'm not too good either - wasn't going to make it originally, then I could, but now don't think I'll be well enough..

I just woke up when I received a txt message to discover I was watching a Harold Holt documentary - looked interesting but I don't even remember starting to watch it!
It's quite bizarre - quite a few people I know have been struck down by some mystery illness without warning. All things going to plan, of course, I shall be toasting the Lantern's success at the Richmond, but at this stage I really don't know.

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#814 Post by Brando » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:13 pm

Omicron wrote:
sam wrote:

It's quite bizarre - quite a few people I know have been struck down by some mystery illness without warning. All things going to plan, of course, I shall be toasting the Lantern's success at the Richmond, but at this stage I really don't know.
It's called believing your sickie too much...

Will409
Legendary Member!

#815 Post by Will409 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:18 pm

I'm in fighting form and I'll be there, camera and tripod in tow.
Image LINK TO YOUTUBE PROFILE.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#816 Post by Norman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:23 pm

Will409 wrote:I'm in fighting form and I'll be there, camera and tripod in tow.
I will be in tow with Wilbur.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#817 Post by jk1237 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:12 am

What do you all look like? :lol: well I guess if I see a group of people with cameras, it must be the S-A group. Ive met Howie, so atleast thats someone I may recognise. Hopefully it wont be crammed full of people.

Plasmatron
High Rise Poster!

#818 Post by Plasmatron » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 am

jk1237 wrote:What do you all look like? :lol: well I guess if I see a group of people with cameras, it must be the S-A group. Ive met Howie, so atleast thats someone I may recognise. Hopefully it wont be crammed full of people.
The Facebook event alone has over 750 confirmed guests.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=31471404142

Not to mention the great weather tomorrow.

I think the "cramming" goes without saying!

Anyway, if others are serious about bringing big cameras and tripods, I guess that makes it easier to see and greet other peeps from this site. Otherwise I might hold up a sign with "Sensation-Adelaide" written on it. Or attach that on my chest. Who knows.
https://www.youtube.com/UltraVibeProductions

fishinajar
High Rise Poster!

#819 Post by fishinajar » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:11 am

I'll be cramming in there, pregnant wife in tow.

It is so awesome to see so many people interested in this, bring back some town pride. I've been to other cities but Adelaide has something special, lets treasure it.

Enjoy tonight ladies and gentleman, the forecast is fantastic for it.
Plasmatron wrote:
jk1237 wrote:What do you all look like? :lol: well I guess if I see a group of people with cameras, it must be the S-A group. Ive met Howie, so atleast thats someone I may recognise. Hopefully it wont be crammed full of people.
The Facebook event alone has over 750 confirmed guests.

mcardlej
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#820 Post by mcardlej » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:41 am

Hi guys,

Does anyone know when they actually flip the switch tonight? I know all the posters say 7:30pm, but i'm sure it's going to be a bit later after that... any info would be greatly appreciated.. Does anyone know officially when it starts? i've seen some 'rumors'...

Cheers,
James.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#821 Post by Ben » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:43 am

mcardlej wrote:Hi guys,

Does anyone know when they actually flip the switch tonight? I know all the posters say 7:30pm, but i'm sure it's going to be a bit later after that... any info would be greatly appreciated.. Does anyone know officially when it starts? i've seen some 'rumors'...

Cheers,
James.
Hi James,

I've heard Official launch will commence at 8pm so just after I would assume.

Adamo
Gold-Member ;)

#822 Post by Adamo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:17 am

Like I have said, the button will be pushed at 8:15.02 ;)

Music will be playing before this, Coffee stand will be available for the coffee drinkers out there. There will be an alcohol venue to attend to after, but whether this is only for fusion members...I am still not sure.
Last edited by Adamo on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://twitter.com//tarcobello
http://mrpianoman.com
'we've had some times i wouldn't trade for the world..'
Rise Against

mcardlej
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#823 Post by mcardlej » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:19 am

Thanks Ben,

Yeah, someone else posted 8:15pm that it will be switched on... just want to grab some dinner before it starts and dont want to miss it.... still a bit of confusion i think...

Someone also mentioned that it's a 1hr show and will be on a loop...??

Does anyone know what the hours of operation will be during normal times? If it's running all night i'd feel sorry for the students in the student accommodation opposite!!

Cheers,
James.

<edit> just saw Adamo's comment... 8:15.02, thats a pretty precise time!! make sure i'm there at 8:15.01!!

Adamo
Gold-Member ;)

#824 Post by Adamo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:27 am

I will be getting there around 7:30 if anyone wants to meet up. I will be wearing a black coat, black pants, grey shirt and I will be with a group of 4-5 peeps!, ill wear my unisa name tag: adam tarca

my friends are so excited about this!

Loved the testing on tuesday, great comments from all the people walking by who saw it for the first time, they were blown away. It is going to make people just stop, look up and appreciate it.

Yeah it will be a one hour show. On tuesday some of the last images they showed were just a few funny ones like animals, and chickens running over the screen :P haha was funny. I am not sure if these are part of the show, but all the content ive seen from tuesday was excellent! was surprised i was the only one filming.

Tonight, Adelaide is going to to get even better! with better ambiance, creating a whole new purpose corner, a new meeting corner, a whole new prupose for this venue.!
http://twitter.com//tarcobello
http://mrpianoman.com
'we've had some times i wouldn't trade for the world..'
Rise Against

mcardlej
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#825 Post by mcardlej » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:46 am

i wonder how many car accidents there will be at this intersection after it goes live....!