[CAN] 87 - 93 Angas Street | 30-62m | 9-21 lvls | Residential | Palladio

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] 87 - 93 Angas Street | 30-62m | 9-21 lvls | Residential | Palladio

#1 Post by Will » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:07 pm

Major New Development - Palladio on Angas Street $130m 6xTowers
Last Updated on Thursday, 29 March 2012 08:49

We are pleased to bring you the first glimpse of the $130m Palladio on Angas Street development. Located at the former Nordic Honda site, this will be one of the first developments to be assessed under the new development plan for Adelaide CBD. Once again, Pruszinski Architects have been engaged for this fantastic new development by the Palladio Property Group.

See the press release here:
[*] Press Release

--- archive

Original JPE Proposal : website: Jan 17 2012

These are concept images for a proposed mixed-use development at the corner of Angas Street and Queen Street in the city.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z37/ ... xeduse.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z37/ ... eduse1.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z37/ ... eduse2.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z37/ ... eduse3.jpg

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] Re: #PRO: Angas Street Mixed-Use - 12 levels - ~40m

#2 Post by Wayno » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:40 pm

interesting - is that Queen St running through the middle?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#3 Post by Nathan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Wayno wrote:interesting - is that Queen St running through the middle?
Looks like it, it must be the Nordic Honda site, as it straddles both sides of Queen St.

[Shuz]

#4 Post by [Shuz] » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:33 pm

This is just across from the newly completed Police HQ, in case anyone is wondering whereabouts Queen Street is on Angus Street.

It's a bit vague on detail, but assuming its remains a nice and simple design, it should be a good density filler for the area. Let's hope it gets approved. :-)
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#5 Post by rev » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:25 pm

Is that a walkway/link between the two buildings? Cant tell it's not really that clear.

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#6 Post by mattblack » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:56 pm

Poor active frontages along Angus. Will be faced with a concrete wall at street level with please graffiti me written on it. Should be knocked back.

Nathan

#7 Post by Nathan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:02 pm

mattblack wrote:Poor active frontages along Angus. Will be faced with a concrete wall at street level with please graffiti me written on it. Should be knocked back.
If you look at the first render showing the building at night, it shows ground floor retail/dining.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#8 Post by SRW » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:31 am

Nice to see the city density spreading out. The renders aren't really telling, but it holds promise. I wonder what the council would have to say, given there are row/townhouses fairly directly behind it.
Keep Adelaide Weird

omada
Donating Member
Donating Member

#9 Post by omada » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:17 am

I know renders can be deceiving, but it looks fantastic!

We need more QUALITY design like this, yes i'm talking to you UNO APARTMENTS.

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#10 Post by bm7500 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:24 am

omada wrote:I know renders can be deceiving, but it looks fantastic!

We need more QUALITY design like this, yes i'm talking to you UNO APARTMENTS.
+1
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

ml69
Legendary Member!

#11 Post by ml69 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:19 pm

A quick check of the ACC development plan indicates that the max building height on this site is 28m, which suggests an 8 storey building.

So true to form, I believe the proposal in its current form is likely to get knocked back by the ACC DAP in the first instance, before going to the DAC.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#12 Post by Howie » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:17 pm

Just an update on this development that's sure to be exciting for our forum goers.

The JPE proposal was for an older unsucessful presentation, you'll be glad to hear that none other than Pruszinski Architects have been engaged to design the project to a very significant density. There will be several high density apartment buildings, keep an eye on this one. We should have more information when the new proposal is lodged in a couple of weeks time.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#13 Post by crawf » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Sounds promising, thanks Howie.

Adelarch
Donating Member
Donating Member

#14 Post by Adelarch » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:55 pm

Sounds great. Bit by bit skyline and density are spreading south and west across the city

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#15 Post by Howie » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:42 am

Press release.
FIRST BIG CBD PROJECT FOLLOWING PLANNING REFORM

Thursday, 29 March 2012

Plans were today unveiled for Palladio – a $130 million apartment project that will be the first major CBD project to be lodged under the new planning regime in the city.
Palladio will bring together the natural world of sunlight, breezes and gardens with the best of city living.
A “new benchmark” for the Adelaide CBD, its smart design will create apartments and precincts filled with natural light and ventilation from multiple directions.
Leading Adelaide architect Paul Pruszinski and his client, Melbourne-based developer Palladio Property Group Pty Ltd, welcomed the State Government’s reform of the city’s planning regime.
Palladio Property Group Managing Director Bing Chen said the company had focused on Adelaide since last year, encouraged by the State Government’s strategic goal of a vibrant city centre for people to live in.
“I am delighted that Palladio will be the first major project to be assessed under the new planning system. We look forward to working with the State Government to deliver the best possible project for the city” said Mr Chen.
“The State Government, and Planning Minister John Rau in particular, should be applauded for its bold move to modernise the planning system in the CBD. We were encouraged last year by the strategic direction the Government had taken to attract more people to live in the CBD.
“As a result, we moved to Adelaide last year to focus on Palladio, which we believe offers the design quality the market demands.”
Mr Pruszinski said the design, which will be submitted this week for development approval, will see six distinctive boutique apartment buildings reach up to 19 levels (above ground level) on the south side of Angas Street.
Palladio’s smart design creates apartments filled with natural light and receiving natural ventilation from multiple directions.
Specifically, 63 per cent of all apartments have windows facing out from three facades (exterior walls) and a further 22 per cent have windows in two facades. This adds up to 85 per cent of apartments with cross ventilation and multiple sources of natural light, a first for the CBD.
Mr Pruszinski said this unprecedented benefit for owners was only possible by planning multiple buildings and going well in excess of the nominal height limit imposed by Adelaide’s now-inoperable planning regime of eight levels.
The average number of apartments on each floor is three, providing relaxed and private entry into apartments for owners.
Mature trees, standing several levels high, will be integrated into the buildings atria, along with gardens, boardwalks and relaxed entertaining areas.
The design ensures that links between ground floors and public spaces create a more vibrant Angas Street and surrounds.
Elevated walkways and common areas between buildings will foster a sense of community and connectedness for owner-occupiers.
The first release of Palladio will offer 68 apartments in two buildings bridged by open plazas and walkways over 14 levels.
Importantly, the developer is not securing any more floor space by going above the previous height limit, compared to the floor space available in an eight-level building that occupied all the available site area.
In fact, Palladio is not as high as is possible under the new CBD planning regime, announced this week. The new height limit for the site is set by Federal Government aviation law at 27 levels.
Palladio Property Group has acquired the 2870sqm site for Palladio, on both sides of Queen Street, south off Angas Street.
Mr Chen said the project is a response to the State Government’s policy of higher density and stronger design quality in the CBD, set out in the better living goals of the 30 Year Plan for Greater Adelaide.
“We are encouraged by the State Government’s drive towards higher density and better quality design in the city and we want to be a part of Adelaide’s exciting future,” said Mr Chen.
“Palladio is the high quality project that will appeal to owner occupiers and achieve the Government’s objectives.”
Pruszinski Architects is responsible for 14 CBD buildings in Adelaide in the past decade, including the nationally award-winning Conservatory on Hindmarsh Square and 20 Hindmarsh Square, as well as several projects in an advanced stage of development.
Renders to come.