[CAN] Spire Living | 107m | 37lvls | Residential

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
.::G!oRgOs::.
Gold-Member ;)

[CAN] Re: #APP: Spire Living | 107m | 37lvls | Residential

#616 Post by .::G!oRgOs::. » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:41 pm

The latest renders:
I am loving it!!
Looks very sleek and modern to me.

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#617 Post by skyliner » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:07 pm

Came out well. We can rest happier I believe, considering some of the feelings towards the new renders likely. Does look somewhat bland and businesslike at the bottom - needs cafe/alfresco eatery tenant and awnings to cover.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#618 Post by Shuz » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:37 pm

There's a good juxtaposition of elements and materials used which helps differentiate the facade of the building. So I'm happy with the result. Southern blank wall annoys me a little - but never fear, 72m of it will be blocked out by City Central Tower 8. :D

frank1
Donating Member
Donating Member

#619 Post by frank1 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:38 pm

looks ok, but i would have expected something more inspiring considering it will be the tallest resident building in Adelaide.
I do like that middle picture though.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#620 Post by SRW » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:32 pm

Sexy artist's impressions still can't sell this building to me. <s>World Tower</s>Lumière does this sort of thing infinitesimally better.

EDIT: I meant to say Lumière, not the World Tower -- which, although an architectural Frankenstein, still probably tops Spire.
Last edited by SRW on Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Professor
High Rise Poster!

#621 Post by Professor » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:40 pm

When will construction commence?

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#622 Post by Omicron » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:32 pm

SRW wrote:Sexy artist's impressions still can't sell this building to me. World Tower does this sort of thing infinitesimally better.
Boo, hiss! I would like to put World Tower in a basket and send it up the river - a higgledy-piggledy chamber-pot of a building if ever there was one.

As for these newly-discovered renders, if I squint hard and have a bit more wine, I can make Spire almost look like Lumiere in Sydney!

Almost.

Just build it
High Rise Poster!

#623 Post by Just build it » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:53 pm

Uh oh......I really like it. *ducks for cover*

But only if the balcony shade overhang thingys are made from stainless or glass or something cool. If they're stainless or smoked glass it'll look 100x better in reality than the render and be pretty classy. If they're just coloured concrete forget about it 'cause it'll look revolting.

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#624 Post by AG » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:37 pm

The renders look decent but I'm not 100% convinced. The detailing of the balconies and windows and the materials being used isn't very clear to me from those renders.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#625 Post by SRW » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:20 am

Omicron wrote:
SRW wrote:Sexy artist's impressions still can't sell this building to me. World Tower does this sort of thing infinitesimally better.
Boo, hiss! I would like to put World Tower in a basket and send it up the river - a higgledy-piggledy chamber-pot of a building if ever there was one.

As for these newly-discovered renders, if I squint hard and have a bit more wine, I can make Spire almost look like Lumiere in Sydney!

Almost.
Oh, dear me. I did too mean to say Lumiere but, alas, was overwhelmed by such ugly thoughts that I entered the name of the building which comes close to approximating them. Thank you for pointing out my error.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#626 Post by Shuz » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:53 am

How dare you make the comparision of this to World Tower, World Tower is an abysmal building which thankfully disgraces Sydney's skyline.

Getting back to Spire! Can't wait for this to rise, and I'm optimistically confident that the materials will be of a quality finish. Remember, this is a residential building which has many tenants - not one unlike office buildings, it's design has to be of utmost importance for it will be a relatively prominent building to the Adelaide skyline for the rest of time. Office buildings get away with looking ugly because, more often than not - only contain one or two tenants and are more suspectible to demolition as a result of easier acquisition and legal issues surrounding its context in the future. Residential towers are built to last.

Professor
High Rise Poster!

#627 Post by Professor » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:26 pm

Yes - getting back to Spire.

When will construction commence? Have enough apartments been presold to get the developer's endorsement to construct, or will there be another year spent on marketing etc?

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#628 Post by Norman » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:21 pm

Not bad... a tad bland but I'm liking the height. I'll judge it properly when I see it completed.

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#629 Post by bm7500 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:33 pm

Shuz wrote:How dare you make the comparision of this to World Tower, World Tower is an abysmal building which thankfully disgraces Sydney's skyline.....
Off your soapbox Shuz, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I happen to think that the World Tower is a very interesting example of Modern Contemporary design and would welcome a bulding of its calibre here in Adelaide. :arrow:

As for Spire, well i think i will reserve my opinion on this one until its complete as the new renders haven't exactly inSPIREd me :roll:
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

joshzxzx
Donating Member
Donating Member

#630 Post by joshzxzx » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:25 pm

Yeah i don't mind the renders, It is very hard to tell on how well the building would really look as the renders seem to be drawn up from a distance.

As said many times before this will add some activity to the higher end of the skyline and that is what we need..

LETS BUILD IT
South Australia the Festival State