[COM] Torrens Footbridge | $40m

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: UC: Torrens Footbridge | $40m

#526 Post by Waewick » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:05 am

rev wrote:You seem to have taken offense to my comments about those who were against the development possibly having changed their minds now that they possibly have experienced how good it's going to be first hand. Take a chill pill, it's not like I've had a personal go at you.

You can make all the personal attacks against me you like, but we all know WHY you're having a go at me over my comment..had I not mentioned the crows fans, you wouldn't have even replied to my comment.

You aren't worth worrying about anyway..keep throwing out the personal attacks, it's enjoyable knowing how such a simple innocent comment about the success of the project so far has had such a profound psychological impact on you. I'd have thought, since you think you've got tall the answers to life's questions, you wouldn't be so worried about what such a simple knob like me has to say.

Simple knob signing out.
Yes keep deflecting the fact you have sprouted crap and tried to pass it off as fact.

Nort

#527 Post by Nort » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:53 am

How about you guys leave it for another time and let people give reactions to what the bridge is like right now hey, rather than rehashing half-decade old arguments over what could be.

Xaragmata

#528 Post by Xaragmata » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:21 am

Pics from yesterday ... despite the bridge not being completed, they seem to have got it right - it should become a destination in itself, & makes a
platform for skyline views:

Slideshow: http://xaragmata.dyndns-web.com/album/a ... ow_param=2

Waewick

#529 Post by Waewick » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:26 am

Nort wrote:How about you guys leave it for another time and let people give reactions to what the bridge is like right now hey, rather than rehashing half-decade old arguments over what could be.
my apologies

really looking forward to seeing it complete :banana:

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#531 Post by pushbutton » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:24 pm

Wow! That puts to rest any old arguments that the bridge wasn't needed!

Do we know when it will be fully completed?

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#532 Post by rev » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:22 pm

Waewick wrote:
rev wrote:You seem to have taken offense to my comments about those who were against the development possibly having changed their minds now that they possibly have experienced how good it's going to be first hand. Take a chill pill, it's not like I've had a personal go at you.

You can make all the personal attacks against me you like, but we all know WHY you're having a go at me over my comment..had I not mentioned the crows fans, you wouldn't have even replied to my comment.

You aren't worth worrying about anyway..keep throwing out the personal attacks, it's enjoyable knowing how such a simple innocent comment about the success of the project so far has had such a profound psychological impact on you. I'd have thought, since you think you've got tall the answers to life's questions, you wouldn't be so worried about what such a simple knob like me has to say.

Simple knob signing out.
Yes keep deflecting the fact you have sprouted crap and tried to pass it off as fact.
WOW :hilarious:

You basically agreed with me that Crows supporters were against the move. You trying to white wash it though as if it was only a handful of elderly is laughable. Internet forums are full of posts by disgruntled supporters, talk back radio was also filled with the voices of crows supporters against the move when it was being negotiated.

You didn't argue against the SANFL being against it.

So how exactly am I "sprouting" crap and trying to pass it off as fact?
Just because the fact that many Crows supporters did not support the move to Adelaide Oval doesn't sit well with you, doesn't mean it wasn't fact.

When you try jump on my comments with personal attacks, I already had you beat before you posted. Get over your self and move on.

Wow! That puts to rest any old arguments that the bridge wasn't needed!

Do we know when it will be fully completed?
The live crosses by the local news were saying that it will be closed again after the Ashes, and be finished in time for the start of AFL season in March.
So between next week and March :mrgreen:

Matt
Legendary Member!

#533 Post by Matt » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:46 pm

ANYWAY........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phantom
High Rise Poster!

#534 Post by Phantom » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:43 pm

Xaragmata wrote:Pics from yesterday ... despite the bridge not being completed, they seem to have got it right - it should become a destination in itself, & makes a
platform for skyline views:

Awesome pics, mate! You have earned those 50 internet points I promised on the previous page! I do have to ask, what's going on in that gazebo by the Convention Centre? It provides an awesome and very different view of both the Oval, and the Festival Theatre/Intercontinental Hotel!

Does the bridge connect up perfectly with the Northern Riverbank? I haven't really seen too many images of it on here or Channel Nine's cricket coverage. :P
"Mono, you're a knob. <3"

Torrens_5022
High Rise Poster!

#535 Post by Torrens_5022 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Perfect view of the festival centre from the bridge in those pics, it kinda looks like an oyster lol, it looks heaps good and very Adelaide.

Xaragmata

#536 Post by Xaragmata » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:28 pm

Phantom wrote:
Xaragmata wrote:Pics from yesterday ... despite the bridge not being completed, they seem to have got it right - it should
become a destination in itself, & makes a platform for skyline views:

[...]

Awesome pics, mate! You have earned those 50 internet points I promised on the previous page! I do have to ask, what's going on in that gazebo
by the Convention Centre? It provides an awesome and very different view of both the Oval, and the Festival Theatre/Intercontinental Hotel!

Does the bridge connect up perfectly with the Northern Riverbank? I haven't really seen too many images of it on here or Channel Nine's cricket coverage. :P
The gazebo was hosting a croqet function (I think), and the bridge connections at both ends meet perfectly - the northern end forming a plaza to
complement the one in front of the oval - a vast improvement on the narrow footpath it replaces, and eliminating trip hazards (as far as I could tel).

aeon
Gold-Member ;)

#537 Post by aeon » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Phantom wrote: I do have to ask, what's going on in that gazebo by the Convention Centre?
Royal Croquet Club - https://www.facebook.com/RoyalCroquetClub
It's an 5-day activation on the River Torrens riverbank in celebration of the upcoming Ashes and launch of the new foot bridge in the theme of all things Royal...

It's a garden party when you can play croquet, watch the cricket, enjoy the music, eat & drink plus much more... We'll be open 9am till late everyday - serving breakfast, lunch & dinner.
And a photo of the south end of the bridge today:

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#538 Post by pushbutton » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:30 pm

Based on the above photo, it's beginning to look like it has the potential to become a vibrant place for riverside entertainment. A bit like Londons Southbank. Let's hope!

Matt
Legendary Member!

#539 Post by Matt » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Hoping some more permanent facilities aren't too far off.

There's Regattas and the expanded bistro at the Festival Centre - and that's it.

Victoria Square is fine for pop ups, but Riverbank should be a place where permanent restaurants/bars are available and preferably plentiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vee
Legendary Member!

#540 Post by Vee » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Great photos everyone.
The photos of the massive pedestrian traffic on the new footbridge provide the evidence of how much this infrastructure is needed and appreciated. Fans were very appreciative of having this alternative link to and from the city facilities and public transport links.

The extra vibe in the city was obvious with the brilliant Royal Croquet Club (5 day activation) on the Riverbank - see aeon and xaragmata's photos - and the upgraded and revitalized Bank and Leigh Streets.

Rev was wondering how many Liberal politicians were in attendance, given their stated position last election.
Saw this political post on Twitter during the week ...
http://twitter.com/TKoutsantonisMP/stat ... 24/photo/1
Guess, MP for Adelaide, Rachel Sanderson was not in attendance??

To what extent will the footbridge, with its accessibility to rail, tram and various bus services, remove the need for Footy Express buses? Obviously the government and business would like as many Oval attendees as possible to stay on in the city before/after a match but some fans eg the elderly and less mobile rely on transport 'almost to the gate'.
Shuttle buses?