[COM] North Terrace Streetscape Upgrade

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
bmw boy
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: #U/C : North Terrace Upgrade - Stage Two

#76 Post by bmw boy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:22 pm

looking good!

are there any plans for the that ugly plaza?? lets the rest of the area down

JAKJ
High Rise Poster!

#77 Post by JAKJ » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am

bmw boy wrote:looking good!

are there any plans for the that ugly plaza?? lets the rest of the area down
Rebuild the exhibition centre hopefully :lol:

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#78 Post by AG » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:59 pm

The stage 2 finishing touches at the Frome Road end of the upgraded section are a bit disappointing. Some parts have just been asphalted over instead of tiled and some of the landscaping jobs look a little dodgy. They haven't even bothered putting up the extra traffic signals down that end yet.

A couple of days ago though the signalling sequence at the corner of Pulteney Street and North Terrace was altered to remove the wasteful part of the sequence. The left turn lights from North Terrace into Pulteney Street have also been replaced in the process.

frank1
Donating Member
Donating Member

#79 Post by frank1 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:21 pm

I don't know which person thought it would be a good idea to remove the slip lane onto Frome road. What a silly move. It's about time they have finished though, as it's been like two years. Soooo slow! If this project in was china, it would be finished within a few weeks as they work 24 hours a day.

Anyway, now that that's out of my system. The tiled footpath in font of the uni looks much better with the added bonus of the removal of the ugly above ground power lines and replaced by trees :D

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#80 Post by AtD » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:32 pm

frank1 wrote:I don't know which person thought it would be a good idea to remove the slip lane onto Frome road. What a silly move.
It's a pedestrian dense area, that's why.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#81 Post by Howie » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:36 pm

I used to cross that slip lane everyday to goto work... and I for one am glad it's been taken out. The amount of cars i've seen speed through that slip lane with total disregard for the people crossing there was amazing... especially the uni students who use that lane to practice their drifting skills (or lack of).

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#82 Post by crawf » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:21 am

Hope the King William St sliplane is the next to go

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#83 Post by monotonehell » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:29 am

The last few days has seen them remove the old and pour the new guttering for the section of Pulteney street between Hindmarsh Sq and Rundle Mall. I guess the footpath upgrade continues there?
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#84 Post by Omicron » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:34 am

monotonehell wrote:The last few days has seen them remove the old and pour the new guttering for the section of Pulteney street between Hindmarsh Sq and Rundle Mall. I guess the footpath upgrade continues there?
I'm glad that more attention is being paid to things like this - nothing drags a city down aesthetically more than horrible old pavers and crumbly guttering. These finer details really do add modernity to any city.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#85 Post by monotonehell » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:40 am

Omicron wrote:
monotonehell wrote:The last few days has seen them remove the old and pour the new guttering for the section of Pulteney street between Hindmarsh Sq and Rundle Mall. I guess the footpath upgrade continues there?
I'm glad that more attention is being paid to things like this - nothing drags a city down aesthetically more than horrible old pavers and crumbly guttering. These finer details really do add modernity to any city.
Absolutely - what's been done so far is a great improvement. They just need to pay attention to the street furniture. Especially around bus stops. The one outside of City Cross on Grenfell street is a mess. They've placed a barrier parallel to the street, then put a bench seat inbetween it and the street, no one can work out how they're supposed to queue. In front of it? Behind it? I wish I still worked for the council so I could pick up a phone and talk to who did it. :lol:
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#86 Post by Omicron » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:42 am

monotonehell wrote:
Omicron wrote:
Absolutely - what's been done so far is a great improvement. They just need to pay attention to the street furniture. Especially around bus stops. The one outside of City Cross on Grenfell street is a mess. They've placed a barrier parallel to the street, then put a bench seat inbetween it and the street, no one can work out how they're supposed to queue. In front of it? Behind it? I wish I still worked for the council so I could pick up a phone and talk to who did it. :lol:
Please take them out the back for kickings as well, so that I don't feel quite so lonely.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#87 Post by jk1237 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:52 pm

geez, they are taking a while to clean the nice old UniSA building (Goodman isnt it). I pass through on the bus each day and I havent noticed any action behind that shadecloth for weeks and weeks. :? Quickly now!

Diamond
High Rise Poster!

#88 Post by Diamond » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:48 am

jk1237 wrote:geez, they are taking a while to clean the nice old UniSA building (Goodman isnt it). I pass through on the bus each day and I havent noticed any action behind that shadecloth for weeks and weeks. :? Quickly now!
Brookman Building* :P
Vladimir Putin - TIME Magazine's Man Of The Year 2007

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#89 Post by jk1237 » Mon May 19, 2008 10:38 pm

Look whos been to the beauty parlour, and has finally had its mask taken off. Very nice :D

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#90 Post by Howie » Mon May 19, 2008 10:54 pm

Looks terrific doesn't it? I pass this building everyday going to work, and must say it's come up beautiful. Time for the masonic lodge to get the same treatments me thinks.