News & Discussion: Adelaide City Council

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide City Council

#3346 Post by Norman » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:24 am

[Shuz] wrote:Which councillors? As far as I know, the whole mob are fine with the status quo and not advocating for meaningful progress,
Houssam Abiad is definitely one, and I can't remember the other one or two.

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#3347 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:11 pm

The latest on InDaily.

I'm not surprised at all about Anne Moran's comments.

There rightfully should be a public outcry if what is effectively the decision of the community, is either ignored or not reflected by what the ACC votes - or both.

http://indaily.com.au/news/local/2017/0 ... emolition/
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Patrick_27

#3348 Post by Patrick_27 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:13 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:The latest on InDaily.

There rightfully should be a public outcry if what is effectively the decision of the community, is either ignored or not reflected by what the ACC votes - or both.

I'd like to see it replaced with something of the same width but more permanent (smoother road surface and more vegetation separating the parking from the lane) and extending further north whilst also addressing the untidy transitions across Carrington and Halifax Street/s. Might also present an opportunity to tidy up the footpaths on Frome between Wakefield Street and North Terrace.

Nathan

#3349 Post by Nathan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
ChillyPhilly wrote:The latest on InDaily.

I'd like to see it replaced with something of the same width but more permanent (smoother road surface and more vegetation separating the parking from the lane) and extending further north whilst also addressing the untidy transitions across Carrington and Halifax Street/s. Might also present an opportunity to tidy up the footpaths on Frome between Wakefield Street and North Terrace.
Like these from one of the previous studies? I firmly believe though that any "better" solution should be implemented as the section north of Pirie St. Complete the bikeway, and if that design does prove to be better, then go back and revisit the first stage. If all they're going to do is continually rip up and redesign stage one until they get it "right", then the full bikeway will never be completed let alone any additional bikeways.

floplo
High Rise Poster!

#3350 Post by floplo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:08 am

Nathan wrote:
I firmly believe though that any "better" solution should be implemented as the section north of Pirie St. Complete the bikeway, and if that design does prove to be better, then go back and revisit the first stage. If all they're going to do is continually rip up and redesign stage one until they get it "right", then the full bikeway will never be completed let alone any additional bikeways.
This!!!!!!!

Even if they want to experiment and try out new designs, do it with another road, not the one which works well enough that it can be left alone for a while...

ghs

#3351 Post by ghs » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:09 pm

The Royal Croquet club is being setup next to the
River Torrens. I still can't believe that the council
forced them out of Victoria square.
Attachments
20170205_191753.jpg
20170205_191753.jpg (42.03 KiB) Viewed 1792 times
Last edited by ghs on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nathan

#3352 Post by Nathan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:12 pm

On that note, with the RCC and Palais, council has approved for *both* sides of the linear path around the lake to be closed, with no detour in place for those who use it for commuting. Bravo.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#3353 Post by crawf » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:04 pm

I was pretty critical when I heard about the RCC moving from Victoria Square. Though Pinky Flat is a larger space and the backdrop of the riverbank will look quite pretty. Opening hours could also be less restrictive?

Furthermore, a section of the nearby Adelaide Oval will be used as a Fringe Hub.
Adelaide Oval is getting right behind the 2017 Adelaide Fringe Festival. Level 5 of the Riverbank Stand at Adelaide Oval will be transformed into the city’s newest Fringe destination - LIVE on 5 from 24 February to 11 March.

With free entry, Fringe fans can soak up the stunning views of the city and the hills while enjoying great Fringe entertainment along with great food and wine. The free stage on the LIVE on 5 terrace will feature over 31 fringe acts. Also – in a world first – a special stage will be built high into the level 5 seating bowl providing an opportunity for acts to stage ticketed performances with the beautiful Adelaide Oval as a backdrop.

http://adelaideoval.com.au/newsdetail/1 ... level.aspx
Love the Fringe, not long to go! :D

Waewick

#3354 Post by Waewick » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:21 pm

ghs wrote:The Royal Croquet club is being setup next to the
I reckon its great.

wait till the businesses in the area start complaining that fringe is taking business from them.

mshagg
Legendary Member!

#3355 Post by mshagg » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:20 pm

She said the Frome Street debate had been a “huge distraction” for the council.
What a f%^ing idiot. It's a distraction of their own a making, a non-issue which those backwards ideologues continue to bang on about it. The bike lane is fine. Stop pissfarting around, finish the thing and get on with whatever it is they're being distracted from.

Slow clap for making linear park inaccessible as well.

ChillyPhilly

#3356 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:12 am

Hey ghs, could you please resize your photo? Handy snap but it stretches the page just a little bit. Cheers. :D :cheers:
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Llessur2002

#3357 Post by Llessur2002 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:30 am

Nathan wrote:On that note, with the RCC and Palais, council has approved for *both* sides of the linear path around the lake to be closed, with no detour in place for those who use it for commuting. Bravo.
Bummer. Any more info? Presume it's the northern stretch past where RCC will be but what about the southern side? Can you still get down from KWS and turn left where the Captain Jolly's boats are, or is it all closed off along there?

Nathan

#3358 Post by Nathan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:49 am

Llessur2002 wrote:
Nathan wrote:On that note, with the RCC and Palais, council has approved for *both* sides of the linear path around the lake to be closed, with no detour in place for those who use it for commuting. Bravo.
Bummer. Any more info? Presume it's the northern stretch past where RCC will be but what about the southern side? Can you still get down from KWS and turn left where the Captain Jolly's boats are, or is it all closed off along there?
I looked up info on the ACC site, and looks like they do have a detour in place for the southern side (they just neglected to include that on the signage in the area - which is just a small sign that throws a whole heap of dates at you, clear as mud). Have to take the path up past the old kiosk and up to KWS. They're closing the section just past the Popeye landing, for access to the Palais.
http://stage.accmaps.bl.ms/common/dm/as ... s_2017.pdf

No information at all about the northern side though, despite it being clear looking at the build that there's a fence cutting across and things set up on both sides of the path.

ghs

#3359 Post by ghs » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:52 pm

Waewick wrote:
ghs wrote:The Royal Croquet club is being setup next to the
I reckon its great.

wait till the businesses in the area start complaining that fringe is taking business from them.
I am sure the garden of unearthly delights has also taken plenty of business away from the east end traders over the years as well but adelaide city council doesn't seem to care about that.

mshagg
Legendary Member!

#3360 Post by mshagg » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:26 pm

I agree the setup at pinky flat looks good, from the glimpse I had walking past the other day.

However if it was bars and eateries located around Victoria square who agitated for the move, I think they'll find it was an exercise in cutting off their noses to spite their faces, as the thousands of revelers visiting RCC are now on the complete other side of town. Vic square precinct will be a ghost town, so have fun trying to get foot traffic in the door :applause: