[U/C] SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6605
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 989 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#706 Post by Ben » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:29 am

Could it have anything to do with marshal scrapping the riverbank committee or whatever it was called last year.

Nort
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1045
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm
Has thanked: 202 times
Been thanked: 125 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#707 Post by Nort » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:53 am

Ben wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:29 am
Could it have anything to do with marshal scrapping the riverbank committee or whatever it was called last year.
Around the time the bridge was built there was dispute over who was going to be paying for upkeep, with the council saying they couldn't afford to take it on board. Suspect it's sat in a bit of limbo with both sides hoping the other will blink first.

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1954
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 206 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#708 Post by claybro » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:50 am

Nort wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:53 am
Ben wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:29 am
Could it have anything to do with marshal scrapping the riverbank committee or whatever it was called last year.
Around the time the bridge was built there was dispute over who was going to be paying for upkeep, with the council saying they couldn't afford to take it on board. Suspect it's sat in a bit of limbo with both sides hoping the other will blink first.
So by my understanding, the council obtains rates based on the value of properties under its jurisdiction? And developement and improvements have led to a dramatic increase in adjacent property values? So what, the ACC is happy to put its hand out for all the extra revenue, but not expect to up its maintenance regime?

Nort
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1045
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm
Has thanked: 202 times
Been thanked: 125 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#709 Post by Nort » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:06 pm

claybro wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:50 am
Nort wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:53 am
Ben wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:29 am
Could it have anything to do with marshal scrapping the riverbank committee or whatever it was called last year.
Around the time the bridge was built there was dispute over who was going to be paying for upkeep, with the council saying they couldn't afford to take it on board. Suspect it's sat in a bit of limbo with both sides hoping the other will blink first.
So by my understanding, the council obtains rates based on the value of properties under its jurisdiction? And developement and improvements have led to a dramatic increase in adjacent property values? So what, the ACC is happy to put its hand out for all the extra revenue, but not expect to up its maintenance regime?
At the time of construction the footbridge and the associated landscaping was expected to cost about $350,000 a year to maintain. Doubt it's bringing in extra rates to that level.

BradJC
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:51 pm
Been thanked: 32 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#710 Post by BradJC » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:57 pm

From Saturday

Image

Image

User avatar
[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2566
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:26 pm
Has thanked: 935 times
Been thanked: 256 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#711 Post by [Shuz] » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:29 am

Probably the best glazing of any building I’ve seen in Adelaide? SAHMRI is the only one I can think of that comes close. A great addition to the postcard view of the Adelaide Riverbank.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

User avatar
bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 883
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:04 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 7 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#712 Post by bm7500 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:58 am

Love the glazing - even if it does remind me a little of the Renaissance Centre Lifts...
ADELAIDE - SINGAPORE - LONDON - BERLIN - AMSTERDAM - PARIS - TOKYO - LOS ANGELES

User avatar
rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2892
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Nairne
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 99 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#713 Post by rhino » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:33 am

It looks good in it's own right, but I hate what it's doing (crowding) to the Festival Theatre complex :|
cheers,
Rhino

cmet
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:03 pm
Been thanked: 50 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#714 Post by cmet » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:48 pm

rhino wrote:It looks good in it's own right, but I hate what it's doing (crowding) to the Festival Theatre complex :|
The whole thing will be very open when it’s all done

Honey of a City
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:42 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 66 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#715 Post by Honey of a City » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:51 pm

The reflective finish will also add more dimension to the precinct too with a bit of luck (or intentional design).

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Llessur2002, SRW and 11 guests