[COM] UniSA - Centre for Cancer Biology | 72m | $220 million

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

[COM] Re: UniSA - Centre for Cancer Biology | 72m | $220 million

#61 Post by rev » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:43 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Phantom wrote:Wen past it 15 mins ago or so. It's pretty much now just the quarter pipe nearest to the Morphett St bridge that remains. Shitloads of workers along North Tce. It's awesome to see!
Awesome to see the CBD without skating facilities of any kind?
There's a f***load of unused or underused barren disgraceful looking parklands that ring the CBD. Why can't they build a skate there? Pick a spot, any spot.
Build it bigger and better, and spruce up the nearby parklands that surround it as well.
Skaters will have somewhere to go and use in the CBD again, and the general public who might want to use the parklands to go for a walk or to walk their dog have a nicer, friendlier, safer place to do it as well. Win win surely?

And I think he was talking about the amount of workers on site being awesome..

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#62 Post by Wayno » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:10 pm

I don't know about that. For me a skate park needs an urban backdrop. The rail yards were perfect, but if pushed between having a skate park or not I'd be ok with a parklands location.

When was the now demolished skate park first built? And who funded it? The social dividend clearly justifies the expense.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#63 Post by ghs » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:20 pm

I remember that skate park opening in 2000. I think if
another one is to be built in the city then the south
terrace parklands would be the best location, somewhere
near the tram line so that the kids could catch the tram
there.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#64 Post by Norman » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:13 pm

A good location could be across the railway tracks between the rails and the river. Plenty of space there. Or maybe even next to the Memorial Drive tennis courts on the same side of Montefiore Road.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#65 Post by rev » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:48 pm

What about across the road on the otherside the bridge behind the church where there's a lot used as a car park?
Who owns that lot? The council or is it privately held? The council owned the previous skate park didn't they?
Surely they can build an underground carpark, make it two levels even and double the capacity, and on top build a skate park..

Nathan

#66 Post by Nathan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:06 pm

rev wrote:What about across the road on the otherside the bridge behind the church where there's a lot used as a car park?
Who owns that lot? The council or is it privately held? The council owned the previous skate park didn't they?
Surely they can build an underground carpark, make it two levels even and double the capacity, and on top build a skate park..
Owned by the church.

Nathan

#67 Post by Nathan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:10 pm

Norman wrote:A good location could be across the railway tracks between the rails and the river. Plenty of space there. Or maybe even next to the Memorial Drive tennis courts on the same side of Montefiore Road.
My preferred location too. Immediately on the north side of the tracks. The tracks are always going to form a barrier to that part of the linear park, and a skate park is a good way of addressing that barrier. It'll keep that urban feel of the previous skate park intact, pretty much retains the same accessibility, and will activate that area when normal activity from the Convention Centre dies down.

[Shuz]

#68 Post by [Shuz] » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:58 am

Skate park is all but gone as of this morning. Huge piles of concrete rubble on site. Pretty impressive effort for a day's work.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

contractor
High Rise Poster!

#69 Post by contractor » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:24 pm

Good to hear the skate park is gone.
Hopefully they build a new one in Wingfield (Close to the train station, of course)

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#70 Post by crawf » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:02 pm

contractor wrote:Good to hear the skate park is gone.
Hopefully they build a new one in Wingfield (Close to the train station, of course)
:?: :?:

PeFe

#71 Post by PeFe » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:34 am

Seriously, the skate park discussion is derailing this thread......please somebody start a new "where should a new skate park be built" in the cbd development forum (or suburban forum, wherever)
Personally I am just not that interested......

Patrick_27

#72 Post by Patrick_27 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:51 am

PeFe wrote:Personally I am just not that interested......
That's nice.

The skate park is still very much relevant on this thread because this location is the last place this city had a skate park. Until a clear proposal comes forward for a new park in a new location, no new thread should need to be created, nor should this discussion have to move to the general development thread.

Waewick

#73 Post by Waewick » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:11 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
PeFe wrote:Personally I am just not that interested......
That's nice.

The skate park is still very much relevant on this thread because this location is the last place this city had a skate park. Until a clear proposal comes forward for a new park in a new location, no new thread should need to be created, nor should this discussion have to move to the general development thread.
as of now, there is no skate park, so yes discussion on a skate park needs it's own thread and is completely irrelevant here.

Or are we able to talk the previous usage of a site at nauseum in every thread?

Looking forward to seeing some construction

[Shuz]

#74 Post by [Shuz] » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:47 am

Trees on site have been felled. Site is now pretty much level. This one seems to be pacing faster than the next door UoA building.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Phantom
High Rise Poster!

#75 Post by Phantom » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:04 am

"Mono, you're a knob. <3"