[SWP] Lot 14 (Old RAH Site)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

[SWP] Re: Former RAH Site (Design Competition)

#391 Post by Norman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:04 pm

This site is really a reflection on the state Labor party. Good at policy and ideas, poor at delivery. I hope that, if they do get in, that this will be the final plan and that this actually gets underway.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#392 Post by how good is he » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:26 pm

They say they want a hotel but the latest renders show no sign of a hotel like the previous ones...curious to know where else they suggest it, if not on North Tce? Is a master-plan being released?

Ser Noit of Loit
High Rise Poster!

#393 Post by Ser Noit of Loit » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:56 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:20 am

A far better outcome for the site IMO, however I still don't understand why there is the faded out inclusion of high-rise buildings on this site? For what is trying to be achieved here, there is surely enough heritage listed buildings to remain that can take the load of what Labor are proposing...

If anything WERE to be built on this site (excluding the pipe plans for an new modern art gallery), I feel something that would fit nicely into the new open space created from the demolished buildings and that would find consistent enough use/purpose would be an outdoor concert amphitheatre similar to the Sidney Myer Music Bowl. This could provide an extra revenue stream for the Botanic Gardens, host a bulk of the outdoor events that Botanic Park currently host, and provide a nice outdoor venue for the ASO all the while being out of the way enough to not cause a headache every time they need to fence off some of the area for such a use. And if it were of a 1,000-7,000 capacity, this would then slot nicely between Thebby/Festival Theatre and the AEC or a new area at Memorial Drive.
Just a thought, anyway.

I'm glad to see they've ditched the $70m underground concert hall idea, it was always going to cost more than $70m to build a concert hall from the ground up.
I quite like the idea of a public amphitheatre there.

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#394 Post by Nathan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:46 pm

Thought some might enjoy some demolition footage from this morning.

The Scooter Guy

#395 Post by The Scooter Guy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:15 pm

From Thursday:
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Llessur2002

#396 Post by Llessur2002 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:45 am

Oxigen to breathe new life into old RAH site

STAGE one of a North Terrace innovation neighbourhood aimed at positioning Adelaide as the start-up capital of Australia is to be driven by an urban design and landscape architecture practice.

Oxigen will lead the design for public and accessible spaces on the former Royal Adelaide Hospital, site (renamed Lot 14) which is already attracting industries of the future, including the University of Adelaide’s Australian Institute of Machine Learning.

Renewal SA Chief Executive John Hanlon said the design would encourage people to reconnect with the site as it transforms into a place for all South Australians.

“Lot 14 will provide dynamic public spaces that reflect the site’s history by recognising people’s past connections, and will become a resource for future generations who will know the neighbourhood as a catalyst for opportunity,” Mr Hanlon said.

The urban design project aims to foster the idea of connectivity and place through seamless design and ‘smart’ principles in lighting, signage, way-finding, waste management and biodiversity.

The Renewal SA plan is to help enable businesses and entrepreneurs to develop their ideas and explore technologies within defence and space, cyber security, artificial intelligence, robotics, media and creative industries.

Mr Hanlon said that when fully established over the next eight years, thousands of people would work and stay within the seven hectare site.

The site’s start-up and growth hub is to offer 650 work spaces to allow entrepreneurs to partner with industry groups, researchers, mentors and investors.

It will also become the home of the Australian National Aboriginal Art and Culture Gallery, a contemporary art space, a new international centre for Tourism, Hospitality and Food Studies, and temporary accommodation.

Urban expansion is not limited to the CBD with Tonsley Innovation District now home to more than 30 businesses — also surging ahead.

Mr Hanlon said that in the past 12 months, innovative projects including the Global Centre for Modern Ageing and Flinders University’s Tonsley Manufacturing Innovation Hub have kicked off.

Construction bean ni februrary on a $26 million, 850 home project at Tonsley

“Residents will have access to Tonsley’s urban forests, town square, plaza and sporting facilities, plus 15 parklands and recreational facilities,” Mr Hanlon said.

Renewal SA is also on there front foot in the inner city suburb of Bowden on behalf of the state government with more than 680 apartments and townhouses sold on 20 parcels of land since 2013.

“There are now 319 apartments with five buildings under construction and construction will (soon) start on more than 200 apartments and townhouses at Bowden.”

Port Adelaide is not about to miss out either with the redevelopment of 21 hectares of waterfront land into residential, commercial and tourist precincts.

Starfish is developing the Dock One and Port Approach sites, while Cedar Woods is working on the North West and Fletcher’s Slip precincts. The projects are expected to generate more than $280 million in private investment and deliver 1150 new homes for up to 2600 new residents.
From: https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business ... 1b99505940

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

[SWP] Re: Lot 14 (Old RAH Site)

#397 Post by I Follow PAFC » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:37 pm

An eyesore at the old Royal Adelaide Hospital site is finally crashing down.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1039437826473918464
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

EBG

#398 Post by EBG » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:38 pm

A view of the northern end of the East wing (the building nearest the botanic Gardens). 12/9/2018
Attachments
20180912_old RAH.jpg
20180912_old RAH.jpg (274.94 KiB) Viewed 3573 times

Ho Really

#399 Post by Ho Really » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:15 pm

I Follow PAFC wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:37 pm
An eyesore perhaps, but to many it's a building where they've lost a loved one. I personally have. I also recovered there after a major op. Some good memories too. Great nurses, physios and docs. So perhaps Channel 7News should acknowledge that too. Hope a few trees will go up in remembrance.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Algernon

#400 Post by Algernon » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Haven't been inside that building for 15 years (a family member worked there).

Still remember the smell.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

[SWP] Re: [VIS] Re: Lot 14 (Old RAH Site)

#401 Post by citywatcher » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Ho Really wrote:
I Follow PAFC wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:37 pm
An eyesore perhaps, but to many it's a building where they've lost a loved one. I personally have. I also recovered there after a major op. Some good memories too. Great nurses, physios and docs. So perhaps Channel 7News should acknowledge that too. Hope a few trees will go up in remembrance.

Cheers
Yes a family member in the stroke ward
Let's not forget

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#402 Post by Ben » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:13 pm

Some official plans are now up. Still includes reference to "Adelaide Contemporary".

https://www.saplanningcommission.sa.gov ... hments.pdf

Nathan

#403 Post by Nathan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Ben wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:13 pm
Some official plans are now up. Still includes reference to "Adelaide Contemporary".

https://www.saplanningcommission.sa.gov ... hments.pdf
Specifically, it's not a placeholder — it's the winning design from the competition — and it's got the Lot 14 branding everywhere, which says those plans were done very recently.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#404 Post by SRW » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:40 pm

Looks good, pleased to see continuity with the rest of the North Terrace streetscape upgrade. Hopefully the government proceeds with AGSA's efforts re: Adelaide Contemporary.
Keep Adelaide Weird

EBG

#405 Post by EBG » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:11 pm

View from North Tce side 24/9/18.
Attachments
20180924_old rah.jpg
20180924_old rah.jpg (530.85 KiB) Viewed 2770 times