[CAN] Enigma 8 & Lester Hotel | 18 & 16 lvl | Office/Retail/Hotel

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Goya's Line
High Rise Poster!

[CAN] Re: PRO: Enigma 8 | 18 & 13 lvl | Office/Retail/Hotel

#31 Post by Goya's Line » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:48 am

Good to see the gaps starting to fill between this/RAH and UniSA/Light Square. I can see the bowling centre and Marcellina's going as well but it'd be a shame to lose gems like the cottages on Gray St, Polites' flats, the brothel-esque townhouse next to Liberty and a restored Yianni's Yiros.

mgb
High Rise Poster!

#32 Post by mgb » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:29 am

Goya's Line wrote: I can see the bowling centre and Marcellina's going as well...
Not much chance that the "bowling centre" building will be going in a very long time. hint, it's not had bowling there for a long time.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#33 Post by monotonehell » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:55 pm

mgb wrote:Not much chance that the "bowling centre" building will be going in a very long time. hint, it's not had bowling there for a long time.
The first part of your post doesn't agree with the last. Why would an unused building not be able to be demolished?
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

mgb
High Rise Poster!

#34 Post by mgb » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:04 pm

monotonehell wrote:
mgb wrote:Not much chance that the "bowling centre" building will be going in a very long time. hint, it's not had bowling there for a long time.
The first part of your post doesn't agree with the last. Why would an unused building not be able to be demolished?
I didn't say it was unused. The former bowling centre building is being used, just not for bowling. It's being used for a purpose that likely means it won't be vacant for a long time.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#35 Post by monotonehell » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:54 pm

mgb wrote:
monotonehell wrote:
I didn't say it was unused. The former bowling centre building is being used, just not for bowling. It's being used for a purpose that likely means it won't be vacant for a long time.
Ahhh right now I'm with you. So it's a brothel now?
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Goya's Line
High Rise Poster!

#36 Post by Goya's Line » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:08 pm

mgb wrote:I didn't say it was unused. The former bowling centre building is being used, just not for bowling. It's being used for a purpose that likely means it won't be vacant for a long time.
Given the absence of signage and patronage obviously I meant former bowling centre. What's so classified that the owners can't rebuild and lease the ground floor? That's what I can see happening with Marcellina's/West Side Snack Bar and 240 Currie St./Clarendon St.carpark/Newmarket St. carpark/A1 rentals etc.

monotonehell wrote:Ahhh right now I'm with you. So it's a brothel now?
If Polites own it chances are better than average.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#37 Post by Ben » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:26 pm

New images reveal a grand, pillared entrance as the centrepiece of the Lester Group's proposed $150m West End development

by: Tim Williams

The Lester Group's proposed Enigma 8 office and hotel development on North Tce and West Tce. Source: Woods Bagot Source: Supplied

A GRAND pillared entrance has been revealed as the centrepiece of a $150 million development planned for the West End.

New images of the Lester Group's Enigma 8 project show pillars three storeys tall supporting the a cut-out entrance to an 18-storey office block at the western end of North Tce.

The development, announced last month, would also include a 13-storey serviced apartment building on West Tce and a supermarket, specialty shops, cafe and private medical suites.

Architect Gavin Kain from Woods Bagot said the development would complement the rapid growth of the West End sparked by the new Royal Adelaide Hospital.

New development. Artist impressions of the Lester Group's proposed Enigma 8 office and hotel development on North Tce and West Tce. Source: Woods Bagot.
."We spent some time profiling the researchers, doctors, health professionals, hospital users and students who will be living in the area as a result of the new hospital and research institute," he said.

"We designed the building according to their needs, including places to shop, eat, work and stay."

The Lester Group is headed by former Heaven nightclub owner and lord mayoral candidate Damian Lester.

New development. These are new artist impressions of the Lester Group's proposed Enigma 8 office and hotel development on North Tce and West Tce. Source: Woods Bagot.

Subject to planning approval, the company aims to begin construction next year and be finished by late 2016.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national-news/so ... z2fOyAJtjq

Amused
Gold-Member ;)

#38 Post by Amused » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:19 pm

The new renders looks a bit more pleasing than the others.

As for office space, I agree that 38,000 is probably a lot but don't underestimate the draw card of private medical practices close to a hospital/precinct. There is no secret that the closer your practice is to the hospital, the more private patients you can collect from local referrals. I dare say there will already be a lot of interest in medical suite space already.
Adelaide Day Surgery have found themselves in quite a desirable predicament with all of the goings on across the road as well.

metro
Legendary Member!

#39 Post by metro » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:22 pm

In those concept images I can see what looks like a big carpark below the back half of this building, I'm guessing stage one is a 7 level parking station?

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#40 Post by skyliner » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:14 pm

I am just stunned to see anything like this size proposed for the NW corner - specially under airspace restrictions in that area. IMHO it will generate a spate of similar bldgs in the precinct.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#41 Post by rev » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:10 am

The North Tce side of this looks much better in those more detailed renders then the first bunch.
But still, the concept image I saw for the site from "a mate on the inside"(so to say), featured a curved tower clad in glass, like a smaller version of the super towers you see going up in Asia.
If it was proposed(and built), it would really stand out alongside SAHMRI across the road as two iconic buildings in Adelaide.
Damn wish I took a photo of it on my phone now. You all will have seriously wet your selves multiple times just sitting there looking at it.. :wallbash:

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] PRO: 11-13 West Terrace | ~40m | 12 Levels | Quest

#42 Post by Ben » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:43 am

I know there are renders and an article about this one but I couldn't find it. It's now officially lodged and I expect will commence next year as Quest have already signed the lease.
Application: S10/27/2014 Application type: Schedule 10
Description: Demolish existing and construct 12 storey hotel with ground floor retail.
Property Address: 11-13 West Terrace
ADELAIDE SA 5000
Applicant : NORTH TERRACE HOLDINGS P/L
Owner : ALEXANDER & HAMISH P/L

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[CAN] Re: PRO: 11-13 West Terrace | ~40m | 12 Levels | Quest

#43 Post by crawf » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:55 am

Safe to say that HQ's days are numbered?

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] Re: PRO: 11-13 West Terrace | ~40m | 12 Levels | Quest

#44 Post by Wayno » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:26 am

Next to the new hospital. Will be a good little money spinner for Quest.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#45 Post by ghs » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:27 am

Here's the north / west terrace development thread :
Application: S10/27/2014 Application type: Schedule 10
Description: Demolish existing and construct 12 storey hotel with ground floor retail.
Property Address: 11-13 West Terrace
ADELAIDE SA 5000
Applicant : NORTH TERRACE HOLDINGS P/L
Owner : ALEXANDER & HAMISH P/L