[CAN] New Courts Precinct | $500m

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

[CAN] Re: PRO: New Courts Precinct | $500m

#31 Post by Brando » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:20 pm

ghs wrote:Serca, can you please confirm how you know this information ?
The timeframe for this project is outlined above mate.(now on previous page)

I am wondering if federal spending for this has been compromised.

serca
High Rise Poster!

#32 Post by serca » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:41 pm

ghs wrote:Serca, can you please confirm how you know this information ?
Through someone who works for Lend Lease. Hopefully they get the build!

And cheers Brando!

ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#33 Post by ghs » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:09 pm

Why $500 million ?

Seems like a lot of money for one building.

[Shuz]

#34 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:30 am

It's more like three buildings. That's why its a 'courts precinct'. Not 'court building'.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Patrick_27

#35 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:18 pm

Not trying to make idle chit-chat, but just wondering what's happening with this one?

From memory, they were meant to have chosen and released detail on the proposal by September and sign contracts this month for a start early next year? Anyone who works in the public service know what's going on?

Smithy85
High Rise Poster!

[CAN] Re: New Courts Precinct | $500m

#36 Post by Smithy85 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:36 am

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 7196413596

Work on Adelaide’s $500 million courts precinct project yet to start, but State Government won’t say why

THE site of the state’s new $500 million courts precinct remains untouched, more than one month after contracts were due to be signed and weeks after construction was to begin.

In response to questions from The Advertiser, the State Government this week said there was “nothing further to add” about the “ongoing process” of building the facility.

According to the government’s own timetable for the project, one of three short-listed consortia was to have been chosen to build the precinct last month.

That timetable also required stage one of construction to begin between January and March 2015 to meet the project’s forecast completion date of 2017.

Opposition leader Steven Marshall branded the situation “a massive broken promise” and “yet another case” of the government failing to deliver.
Law Society of SA President Rocco Perrotta said the state’s “impoverished” legal system “desperately needed” the modern, state-of-the-art facility to go ahead.

“A new courts facility, equipped with modern technology is absolutely necessary to deal with the enormous demands placed on the justice system,” he said.

“Our existing courts are straining under the pressure of excessively long delays and inadequate resources ... the impact of the courts’ antiquated infrastructure and IT is plain to see.

“Those who come into contact with the system, whether they be claimants, defendants or victims, are being disadvantaged as a result.”
In March last year, Attorney-General John Rau revealed a three-year timetable for the project, calling it an “absolutely essential piece of infrastructure”.

He said three development consortia — Activate 40, CBUS and Investec — had been short-listed and the successful tender would be announced in December.

This week, The Advertiser asked six questions of Mr Rau’s office in order to determine the progress of the project.

Those questions were passed on to the office of Infrastructure Minister Stephen Mullighan — son of the late Supreme Court Justice Ted Mullighan — because Mr Rau was on leave.
However, Mr Mullighan was also on leave and a government spokesperson answered all six questions with one sentence.

“The process is ongoing and there’s nothing further to add at this stage,” the spokesperson said.

Mr Perrotta said the legal profession had “enthusiastically welcomed” the precinct announcement after “more than a decade of chronic under-resourcing”.

“South Australia desperately needs a modern, state-of-the-art facility as soon as possible and we are keen to hear how the courts project is progressing,” he said.

Mr Marshall said the government’s one-line answer was not good enough.

“South Australians are being kept in the dark about exactly what progress has been made with the new courts,” he said.

“With a massive court backlog and significant delays in the justice system, we can’t afford delays to the delivery of better court facilities.

“This is a massive broken promise ... what the Attorney-General has delivered since the election is a cut to the courts budget which will lead to court closures.”

The Advertiser’s questions:

1) Which of the three development consortia — Activate 30, CBUS or Investec — was chosen for the project?

2) Is construction still likely to begin in 1st Quarter 2015, as the government had hoped?

3) Is the project still on track for a 2017 opening of the new precinct, as the State Government had hoped?

4) Is the Attorney-General/State Government still satisfied with the progress of this process, as it was in March 2014?

5) Have any changes been made to the plan in light of the announced, impending closures of regional and suburban magistrates courts?

6) Does the Attorney-General/State Government consider this new precinct part of the overall redevelopment of the justice system, as per the recent community consultation paper, or a separate project that was required regardless of any changes within the system and its processes?

The State Government’s answer:

“The process is ongoing and there’s nothing further to add at this stage.”

Smithy85
High Rise Poster!

#37 Post by Smithy85 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:48 pm

MessiahAndrw
High Rise Poster!

#38 Post by MessiahAndrw » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:35 am

Smithy85 wrote:More developments....

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 7205376701
Care to repost it here, please? I ran out of my free articles for the day.
My blog on urban design: http://www.andrewalexanderprice.com/blog.php

Alyx
High Rise Poster!

#39 Post by Alyx » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:35 am

MessiahAndrw wrote:

When that happens, swap 'adelaidenow' for 'news' in the address: http://www.news.com.au/news/south-austr ... 7205376701

MessiahAndrw
High Rise Poster!

#40 Post by MessiahAndrw » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:43 am

Alyx wrote:
MessiahAndrw wrote:

When that happens, swap 'adelaidenow' for 'news' in the address: http://www.news.com.au/news/south-austr ... 7205376701
Nice tip! :cheers:
My blog on urban design: http://www.andrewalexanderprice.com/blog.php

Nathan

#41 Post by Nathan » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:04 am

Or one of the other papers (like heraldsun or dailytelegraph) if you're a masochist and still want to read the comments.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#42 Post by UrbanSG » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:00 am

This website might be a bit out dated but it appears to be the site for the Activate 408 Consortium, the consortium preferred by the Government. The latest news article refers to two buildings as well. The floor areas mentioned on this website are fairly substantial. Hopefully we get some height or at least some curves instead of more square boxes around the 15-18 level mark.

http://www.wtpartnership.com/sector/cou ... roject-sa/

[Shuz]

#43 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:05 am

Total floor space of 55,000sqm. Shame it's being split into two buildings.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

metro
Legendary Member!

#44 Post by metro » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:23 pm

[Shuz] wrote:Total floor space of 55,000sqm. Shame it's being split into two buildings
They should keep it all in the one tower and make a new tallest out of it, just 135m and Westpac House becomes the 2nd tallest! :D

Dvious
Legendary Member!

#45 Post by Dvious » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:00 pm

I have been told that Hassell has won the job, so that link may not be all that old.