[COM] 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Mpol03
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: Currie/Rosina St | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel

#241 Post by Mpol03 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Sad to think the new gov could really put the progress we have seen on hold. I hope it doesn’t affect
Too much.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: [APP] Re: Currie/Rosina St | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel

#242 Post by citywatcher » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:49 pm

Mpol03 wrote:Sad to think the new gov could really put the progress we have seen on hold. I hope it doesn’t affect
Too much.
Probably the crane going up on the adelaidean will be the last of it

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#243 Post by Norman » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:15 pm

The Liberals have already confirmed that they won't do a smash and grab like Campbell Newman did in Queensland. I think the funds are secure.

Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#244 Post by Nort » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:27 pm

citywatcher wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:49 pm
Mpol03 wrote:Sad to think the new gov could really put the progress we have seen on hold. I hope it doesn’t affect
Too much.

I am absolutely devastated by the election result, but can we keep the election commentary to things that are at least relevant to the government's policies? There is nothing to suggest that the CBD will instantly die.

By their nature most developers would probably be Libs supporters, and so they aren't going to abandon unannounced proposals when a Lib state government has been elected.

If there were more projects in the pipeline we will see them progress. If there weren't any more unannounced projects being developed then maybe those who voted Labor out were right.

Spurdo
High Rise Poster!

#245 Post by Spurdo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:32 pm

Nort wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:27 pm
I am absolutely devastated by the election result, but can we keep the election commentary to things that are at least relevant to the government's policies? There is nothing to suggest that the CBD will instantly die.

By their nature most developers would probably be Libs supporters, and so they aren't going to abandon unannounced proposals when a Lib state government has been elected.

If there were more projects in the pipeline we will see them progress. If there weren't any more unannounced projects being developed then maybe those who voted Labor out were right.
True, I have heard the property industry say many times that land tax is one of their biggest problems, and one of the Libs promises was to lower land tax (i think?) which to me seems like it could not only boost current development projects, but even possibly benefit/encourage future developments.

Nathan

#246 Post by Nathan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Nort wrote:
citywatcher wrote:
Too much.

I wonder if we'll see Barrie Harrop finally put up... he spends an awful lot of time commenting on Advertiser political articles talking a big game, and that it all depended on the election result.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: [APP] Re: [APP] Re: Currie/Rosina St | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel

#247 Post by citywatcher » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Nort wrote:
citywatcher wrote:
Too much.

Your last paragraph made no sense at all making the claim of people voting on the basis of them perceiving no further developments due to labor illogical and even more so when the claim was made that they were in fact spending too much on infrastructure

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#248 Post by citywatcher » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:51 pm

Spurdo wrote:
Nort wrote:

True, I have heard the property industry say many times that land tax is one of their biggest problems, and one of the Libs promises was to lower land tax (i think?) which to me seems like it could not only boost current development projects, but even possibly benefit/encourage future developments.
Don't confuse developers with the wannabes of the property council

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#249 Post by HiTouch » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:58 pm

citywatcher wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:51 pm
Nooo Steven Marshall won!!! Waaa, The sky is falling!!!

Your posts on this topic have nothing to do with the specific development, all you’ve posted is political speculation.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: [APP] Re: [APP] Re: [APP] Re: Currie/Rosina St | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel

#250 Post by citywatcher » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:06 pm

HiTouch wrote:
citywatcher wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:51 pm
Nooo Steven Marshall won!!! Waaa, The sky is falling!!!

Your posts on this topic have nothing to do with the specific development, all you’ve posted is political speculation.
Hi out of touch
It is my opinion and I am entitled to it as you are yours
Politics is speculation and I'm quite entitled to speculate on it's effects on development in the future
I do thank you for bringing that post to my attention as I certainly didn't post it so whoever hacked my account please stop
I hope it wasn't you

mgb
High Rise Poster!

#251 Post by mgb » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:11 pm

The biggest threat to development in the CBD from the change of government will come from the ACC complaining about no longer having control over assessing developments and the new government deciding to listen to them and hand back control.

Won't change any existing approved developments.

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#252 Post by timtam20292 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:33 pm

Let’s keep political discussion to the SA politics thread please👍🏻

Nort

#253 Post by Nort » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:09 pm

citywatcher wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:49 pm
Nort wrote:
citywatcher wrote:

Your last paragraph made no sense at all making the claim of people voting on the basis of them perceiving no further developments due to labor illogical and even more so when the claim was made that they were in fact spending too much on infrastructure

We can continue discussion of specific points in the SA politics thread but it was more saying that if there were more developments in the pipeline it would support those saying that Labor wasn't getting SA momentum going.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: [APP] Re: [APP] Re: [APP] Re: Currie/Rosina St | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel

#254 Post by citywatcher » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:45 pm

Nort wrote:
citywatcher wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:49 pm
Nort wrote: I am absolutely devastated by the election result, but can we keep the election commentary to things that are at least relevant to the government's policies? There is nothing to suggest that the CBD will instantly die.

We can continue discussion of specific points in the SA politics thread but it was more saying that if there were more developments in the pipeline it would support those saying that Labor wasn't getting SA momentum going.
This contradicts itself
More projects = less momentum ?

EBG

#255 Post by EBG » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:59 pm

There could a tower crane at 179 Greenhill Rd Parkside soon .A small piling rig and some earth moving equipment is now on site so it looks like this project is start.Too late for a picture today. This site has had a hammer head tower crane stored on site since July last year. Stop all this doom and gloom.