[COM] 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: PRO: Currie/Rosina St | 110m | 32lvl | Mixed Use

#31 Post by Waewick » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:23 pm

serca wrote:It's not that I have done a stock take and estimate on the building, but if I was to have a punt 40 million seems just a little shy of what a building like that would cost to build. I can appreciate the works required for the footbridge but it seems odd that it would have the same price tag as structure like this.

None the less looks awesome but will only take it serious being another 100m+ when They start piling
It could cost the same given how different the two projects are.

It is like saying a pool that costs 35k to install doesn't seem right because you can buy a car for that money.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#32 Post by Norman » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:55 pm

stevedude95 wrote:So the 'Eco' Hotel and Vue on King William were approved, how/when will we find out if this was also approved?
The decision was deferred until the next meeting.

Lightsview
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#33 Post by Lightsview » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:22 am

Norman wrote:
stevedude95 wrote:So the 'Eco' Hotel and Vue on King William were approved, how/when will we find out if this was also approved?
The decision was deferred until the next meeting.
Any ideas when will the next meeting be?

serca
High Rise Poster!

#34 Post by serca » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:54 pm

Waewick wrote:
serca wrote:It's not that I have done a stock take and estimate on the building, but if I was to have a punt 40 million seems just a little shy of what a building like that would cost to build. I can appreciate the works required for the footbridge but it seems odd that it would have the same price tag as structure like this.

None the less looks awesome but will only take it serious being another 100m+ when They start piling

It is like saying a pool that costs 35k to install doesn't seem right because you can buy a car for that money.
Yeah I can appreciate they are different but 40M seems off the mark for a building that size / Design

Waewick

#35 Post by Waewick » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:32 pm

serca wrote:
Waewick wrote:

Yeah I can appreciate they are different but 40M seems off the mark for a building that size / Design
I reckon the build component will be a bit over 40m probably other stuff that will take it closer to 60.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#36 Post by Ben » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:17 pm

This development is recommended for approval at this Thursdays DAC meeting after addressing a few issues.

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#37 Post by AG » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:31 am

This development has been approved.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

[COM] Re: APP: Currie/Rosina St | 110m | 32lvl | Mixed Use

#38 Post by rev » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:04 am

The developer was pretty adamant that this 100m+ proposal would get built, unlike so many others in Adelaide.
Now that it's approved, lets wait and see.

Waewick

#39 Post by Waewick » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:54 pm

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#40 Post by Ben » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:26 am

Plans for Adelaide’s second tallest tower approved

by: Tim Williams CITY EDITOR •

February 21, 2014

THE developer seeking to build the city’s second tallest tower says his vision is realistic but he isn’t putting a time frame on the project.

After deferring a decision in January, the Development Assessment Commission last week approved the Palumbo Building plan for a 32-storey, 110m-tall mixed-use tower on Currie St.

Designed by Pruszinski Architects, the tower would house more than 250 hotel suites and 80 apartments.

Similar-scaled proposals have failed to get off the ground but Palumbo Building director Daniel Palumbo is confident his will become a reality.

“It’s only ambitious in the sense there’s only one 30-storey building in Adelaide (the 132m-Westpac House), but not when you look at other cities,” he said.

Mr Palumbo said he was negotiating with a shortlist of “top 10 international hotel” chains after an expression of interest process.

The financing model for the building was yet to be ­finalised, he said.

“However long it takes to get the right deal over the line, that’s how long it will take,” he said.

“(Planning approval) is one link in the chain. There’s still a lot of work to do.”

The proposed tower would front Currie, Rosina, Solomon and Burnett streets.

Bars, shops and a mezzanine gallery space would occupy the ground level, while a seventh-floor “resort level” would have a terrace, pool, spa, and breakfast area.

The construction cost would be close to $40 million but Palumbo Building is yet to reveal a development value for the project.

The company is soon to complete a 48-apartment project at Mawson Lakes.

ml69
Legendary Member!

#41 Post by ml69 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:44 pm

rev wrote:The developer was pretty adamant that this 100m+ proposal would get built, unlike so many others in Adelaide.
Now that it's approved, lets wait and see.
I don't think I've ever heard a developer publicly say that they weren't confident of their proposal going ahead!!! They all sound confident at the start.

Yes let's wait and see ....

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#42 Post by monotonehell » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:13 am

This is why I'm not holding my breath.
...The financing model for the building was yet to be ­finalised, he said...
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

arki
High Rise Poster!

#43 Post by arki » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:43 am

From The Advertiser 7/7/2014
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/realestat ... 6979741743
Pruszinski Architects has also designed Adelaide’s second-tallest building proposal, Palumbo on 106 Currie Street, a $70 million, 29 level residential/hotel development, which received approval in February.

Daniel Palumbo said he was still negotiating with a shortlist of hotel chains and was yet to lock in a financier.

“We’re currently short-listing the hotels and working our way through that process. I’m hopeful we will be making an announcement in the next few months. We’re dealing with different financiers as well,” he said.
Doesn't sound very promising...'dealing with different financiers' :sly:.

metro
Legendary Member!

#44 Post by metro » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:11 pm

Like most building proposals over 80m in Adelaide, it is unlikely to go ahead. But if it does go ahead, it will undoubtedly get scaled down to the more realistic height of 50-70m, may also need to lose a bit of glass for some bare concrete or faux sandstone so that it fits in with the character of the area. :?

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#45 Post by Norman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:30 pm

Why? There are no surrounding properties that require there to be a concrete wall...