[U/C] 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
Jaymz
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 51 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#316 Post by Jaymz » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:31 pm

Smithy85 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:25 pm
Think you’ll find it was actually a low interest loan, not interest free. If that’s what it took to get things moving, then so be it - good call I reckon.
Awesome. Let's just hope the private sector can stand on its own 2 feet from here on in with a pro-business Govt.

citywatcher
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:51 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 40 times

[U/C] Re: [SWP] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#317 Post by citywatcher » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:41 pm

Jaymz wrote:
Smithy85 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:25 pm
Think you’ll find it was actually a low interest loan, not interest free. If that’s what it took to get things moving, then so be it - good call I reckon.
Awesome. Let's just hope the private sector can stand on its own 2 feet from here on in with a pro-business Govt.
And you think that they will suddenly stop getting hand outs from a pro business govt. Very naive.

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk


Jaymz
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 51 times

[U/C] Re: [SWP] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#318 Post by Jaymz » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:47 pm

citywatcher wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:41 pm
Jaymz wrote:
Smithy85 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:25 pm
Think you’ll find it was actually a low interest loan, not interest free. If that’s what it took to get things moving, then so be it - good call I reckon.
Awesome. Let's just hope the private sector can stand on its own 2 feet from here on in with a pro-business Govt.
And you think that they will suddenly stop getting hand outs from a pro business govt. Very naive.

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
Yes, let's hope.
Last edited by Jaymz on Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5341
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 158 times
Been thanked: 303 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#319 Post by crawf » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:07 pm

Jaymz wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:55 pm
crawf wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:52 pm
Jaymz wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:28 pm


Wouldn't that have been lodged months ago? 🤔

If not then this project is dodgy to the max. Which we've known for ages anyways. Well for me, ever since the previous Govt. gave them a $5 million interest free "grant" before the election. Farcical.
How is this project dodgy?
It was first announced 4 years ago.

It only had to sell 70 apartments.

It's missed several deadlines.

It required a handout from the Govt.
Some projects can take years before they commence and the residential market is very competitive atm. If you want to talk about a dodgy project, then focus your eyes firmly on that disaster on Hutt Street. A absolute shambolic mess from start to finish.

This isn't dodgy.

User avatar
timtam20292
Legendary Member!
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:03 pm
Has thanked: 748 times
Been thanked: 123 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#320 Post by timtam20292 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:42 am

“Dodgy” :roll:

User avatar
[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2468
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:26 pm
Has thanked: 812 times
Been thanked: 226 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#321 Post by [Shuz] » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:02 am

Jaymz, bring you a current affair on today tonight with all the exclusive insider information containing explosive claims about dodgy projects.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

adel aide
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:12 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#322 Post by adel aide » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:59 am

Jaymz was one of the buyers burnt by New Mayfield so he has a track record in "dodgy" projects. I guess that entitles him to be sceptical of every other project but it sure makes him a long way from an expert in picking a good project and understanding the fundamentals in getting a project from proposed to reality.

User avatar
rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3426
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 253 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#323 Post by rev » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:57 pm

[Shuz] wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:02 am
Jaymz, bring you a current affair on today tonight
Can we get a translation for those of us who aren't up to date with the latest millennial fads..? :sly:

Allkai
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:59 pm
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 25 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#324 Post by Allkai » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:46 pm

ROFL "dodgy".

The project has never been in any danger of not proceeding.

They've taken their (own) time to evolve the design, during which they were also committed to the construction of Kent Town.

I'm not sure why that's a concern to anybody outside......?

melonhead
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:14 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 13 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#325 Post by melonhead » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:41 pm

On a lighter note, I managed to grab two (pretty awful) photos while driving past of the scaffolding making some obvious progress. Thought I may as well post them as you can still just make out the progress despite the quality. Will try to get some better photos at a slower speed and in the daylight on the weekend. :)
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2064
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:29 pm
Location: In your head
Has thanked: 300 times
Been thanked: 48 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#326 Post by Ho Really » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:04 am

melonhead wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:41 pm
On a lighter note, I managed to grab two (pretty awful) photos while driving past of the scaffolding making some obvious progress. Thought I may as well post them as you can still just make out the progress despite the quality. Will try to get some better photos at a slower speed and in the daylight on the weekend. :)
I suggest you keep both hands on the wheel or park the car and take the photos. We don't want you to end up in an accident or for that matter in hospital. Or perhaps fined by the cops. We also prefer our posters in one piece and healthy.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

User avatar
timtam20292
Legendary Member!
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:03 pm
Has thanked: 748 times
Been thanked: 123 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#327 Post by timtam20292 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:37 am

Ho Really wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:04 am
melonhead wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:41 pm
On a lighter note, I managed to grab two (pretty awful) photos while driving past of the scaffolding making some obvious progress. Thought I may as well post them as you can still just make out the progress despite the quality. Will try to get some better photos at a slower speed and in the daylight on the weekend. :)
I suggest you keep both hands on the wheel or park the car and take the photos. We don't want you to end up in an accident or for that matter in hospital. Or perhaps fined by the cops. We also prefer our posters in one piece and healthy.

Cheers
For your safety and the safety of others, agreed entirely with Ho Really. Also, to be honest, I think people would prefer a sharp, clear photo especially when it's showing progress of construction/demolition etc. I personally wouldn't have posted these. But please, do take photos and post them here. :cheers:
Last edited by timtam20292 on Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abwolf
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:21 pm
Been thanked: 20 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#328 Post by Abwolf » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:40 am

I walk past daily for work and should be able to get adjacent rooftop pictures once the build commences. Dont risk your life for us!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk


melonhead
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:14 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 13 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#329 Post by melonhead » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:34 am

Thanks for your concerns guys, but I wasn't actually the one driving at the time (hence not having control over speed). Appreciate the advice though haha
Image

HiTouch
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 350
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 167 times
Been thanked: 55 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#330 Post by HiTouch » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:00 pm

I can confirm I am not driving. If I was, all you would see is streams of light because I drive so fast and I didn't think that would be appropriate.

I noticed the building neighbouring the scaffolding site is also being sold. Does this development cover both?
Attachments
sensational3.jpg
sensational3.jpg (2.17 MiB) Viewed 813 times
sensational2.jpg
sensational2.jpg (2.4 MiB) Viewed 813 times
Sensational1.jpg
Sensational1.jpg (2.75 MiB) Viewed 817 times
Last edited by HiTouch on Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I forgive you Shuz.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests