[U/C] 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
Allkai
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:59 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 37 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#421 Post by Allkai » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:38 am

Assembling of jump forms has started.

User avatar
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5613
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:06 pm
Has thanked: 751 times
Been thanked: 1298 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#422 Post by Norman » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:29 pm

From today

Image

citywatcher
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:51 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 58 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#423 Post by citywatcher » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:10 pm

There will be two shafts then
This one will be a game changer

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk


User avatar
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:41 am
Location: Sitting Down
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 335 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#424 Post by Pikey » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:39 pm

citywatcher wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:10 pm
There will be two shafts then
This one will be a game changer

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
How? There's been plenty of towers developed recently with two cores. Unless you're referring to the height and location, in that case, I agree with you.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

floplo
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:43 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#425 Post by floplo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:47 pm

citywatcher wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:10 pm
There will be two shafts then
somebody with actual technical knowledge let me know whether that makes sense, but the plans show two relevant areas, one will contain lifts throughout the whole building (hotel + separate resident lifts) and a set of stairs, while the second one contains a lift between ground floor and basement and then stairs all the way to the top. Do lifts / stairs usually imply cores ?

citywatcher
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:51 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 58 times

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#426 Post by citywatcher » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:33 pm

Pikey wrote:
citywatcher wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:10 pm
There will be two shafts then
This one will be a game changer

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
How? There's been plenty of towers developed recently with two cores. Unless you're referring to the height and location, in that case, I agree with you.
Yep that's what I meant
Currie St to flourish

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk


Jaymz
Legendary Member!
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 66 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#427 Post by Jaymz » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:48 pm

Surely owners of these high end apartments would have a separate lift to hotel guests? Just sayin'.

floplo
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:43 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#428 Post by floplo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:50 am

Jaymz wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:48 pm
Surely owners of these high end apartments would have a separate lift to hotel guests? Just sayin'.
yes, but they have a couple of overlapping floors (parking, gym, pool) and so are directly next to each other

normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 71 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#429 Post by normh » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:06 pm

Received an email yesterday 01Mar2019 on the progress, it looks like it will sellout before completion, they are claiming only 3 apartments left. Also photo of the core.
Attachments
2019-03-01 Luminesque.PNG

Jaymz
Legendary Member!
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 66 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#430 Post by Jaymz » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:46 pm

floplo wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:50 am
Jaymz wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:48 pm
Surely owners of these high end apartments would have a separate lift to hotel guests? Just sayin'.
yes, but they have a couple of overlapping floors (parking, gym, pool) and so are directly next to each other
So you've bought one of these apartments?

floplo
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:43 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#431 Post by floplo » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:27 am

Jaymz wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:46 pm
floplo wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:50 am
Jaymz wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:48 pm
Surely owners of these high end apartments would have a separate lift to hotel guests? Just sayin'.
yes, but they have a couple of overlapping floors (parking, gym, pool) and so are directly next to each other
So you've bought one of these apartments?
Yes

normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 71 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#432 Post by normh » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:20 am

floplo wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:27 am
Jaymz wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:46 pm
floplo wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:50 am


yes, but they have a couple of overlapping floors (parking, gym, pool) and so are directly next to each other
So you've bought one of these apartments?
Yes
That's interesting, which floor/aspect/why that building? If the gym/pool etc are part of the hotel do you get automatic access? or do you have to pay? To get access does that mean you have to use 2 lifts? can you access your apartment lifts via the lobby of the hotel? or forced to use a "residence's" entrance, which if I recall from DA was off; was it Rosina Street?

Allkai
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:59 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 37 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#433 Post by Allkai » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:56 am

floplo wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:47 pm
citywatcher wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:10 pm
There will be two shafts then
somebody with actual technical knowledge let me know whether that makes sense, but the plans show two relevant areas, one will contain lifts throughout the whole building (hotel + separate resident lifts) and a set of stairs, while the second one contains a lift between ground floor and basement and then stairs all the way to the top. Do lifts / stairs usually imply cores ?
Correct.

floplo
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:43 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#434 Post by floplo » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:59 pm

normh wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:20 am
That's interesting, which floor/aspect/why that building? If the gym/pool etc are part of the hotel do you get automatic access? or do you have to pay? To get access does that mean you have to use 2 lifts? can you access your apartment lifts via the lobby of the hotel? or forced to use a "residence's" entrance, which if I recall from DA was off; was it Rosina Street?
27 / west

Apartments have no separate amenities or common spaces beyond lifts & lobby, everything (gym, pool, etc) is through the hotel. Access is by pay, the 'sales pitch' was that it reduces strata fee (as no maintenance costs) and only user pay.

Ground floor access to resident lifts is via a separate entry on Rosina (afaik, not sure about lobby access). Resident's lifts have access to car parking floors. I am not fully sure on which floors we can cross-over into the hotel (i.e. I assume that we can access the pool/gym floor directly from the residents lifts, but I don't have that on paper)

Why that building? Its timeline worked with my timing, I was fairly certain it will get build (given the hotel component); general (state) concessions and grants are more than tax, fees and moving costs, so I will actually get money for buying it, reducing financial risk; developer is also builder and then landlord of hotel , so I expect that construction quality will be ok; location and view were what I was looking for; the price tag was relatively speaking very low in comparison to similar projects ( Echelon had the same apartment with equivalent floor, orientation, floor plan & size for 100k more and crossing the FHG threshold)

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1604
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 190 times

[U/C] Re: 104-106 Currie Street | 117m | 33lvl | Sofitel Hotel

#435 Post by Patrick_27 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:26 am

floplo wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:59 pm
normh wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:20 am
That's interesting, which floor/aspect/why that building? If the gym/pool etc are part of the hotel do you get automatic access? or do you have to pay? To get access does that mean you have to use 2 lifts? can you access your apartment lifts via the lobby of the hotel? or forced to use a "residence's" entrance, which if I recall from DA was off; was it Rosina Street?
27 / west

Apartments have no separate amenities or common spaces beyond lifts & lobby, everything (gym, pool, etc) is through the hotel. Access is by pay, the 'sales pitch' was that it reduces strata fee (as no maintenance costs) and only user pay.

Ground floor access to resident lifts is via a separate entry on Rosina (afaik, not sure about lobby access). Resident's lifts have access to car parking floors. I am not fully sure on which floors we can cross-over into the hotel (i.e. I assume that we can access the pool/gym floor directly from the residents lifts, but I don't have that on paper)

Why that building? Its timeline worked with my timing, I was fairly certain it will get build (given the hotel component); general (state) concessions and grants are more than tax, fees and moving costs, so I will actually get money for buying it, reducing financial risk; developer is also builder and then landlord of hotel , so I expect that construction quality will be ok; location and view were what I was looking for; the price tag was relatively speaking very low in comparison to similar projects ( Echelon had the same apartment with equivalent floor, orientation, floor plan & size for 100k more and crossing the FHG threshold)
Soooo.... Party at your place then, when this opens?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], gnrc_louis, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 11 guests