[VIS] New Womens and Childrens Hospital

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
User avatar
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4506
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 390 times
Been thanked: 547 times

[VIS] Re: New Womens and Childrens Hospital

#91 Post by rev » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:10 pm

ml69 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:52 pm
rev wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:01 pm
C&G, who did the new Calvary hospital, reckon they can build the nWCH on time and at an affordable cost.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou ... 8940bcdc73

posted the whole article in the Calvary thread.
If they manage to deliver SAHMRI2 on time and budget (as they have with Calvary), that would be a pretty convincing evidence that they back their words up with action. So let’s see if they do...
Calvary was a pretty big project.
They have done quite a few other projects around the metro area, industrial sites. Could just look at them and see if they've been on time/budget to gauge whether they deliver.

User avatar
Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:29 pm
Location: In your head
Has thanked: 1274 times
Been thanked: 168 times

[VIS] Re: New Womens and Childrens Hospital

#92 Post by Ho Really » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:41 pm

Architects, engineers, consultants appointed for new WCH
Brad Crouch, Health Reporter, The Advertiser
March 20, 2020 7:00pm

The planned new Women’s and Children’s Hospital has reached a major milestone with a team of architects, engineers and consultants appointed by the State Government to deliver the project.

They will develop the planning, design and cost estimates for the new hospital and development of the final business case. Health and Wellbeing Minister Stephen Wade says the final business case including cost is expected “by the end of the year.”

The new WCH will be built next to the Royal Adelaide Hospital and be connected by an airbridge. It is due to open in 2025-26.

Mr Wade said the threat posed by the coronavirus highlights the critical importance of the government’s plans to deliver world class health facilities.

“The Marshall Government has committed $550 million to the initial planning for the new hospital, which will give South Australian families access to the most advanced hospital care, technology and medical research for many years to come,” he said.

The team for the design of the new WCH includes:

A+ comprising Woods Bagot, Bates Smart, Jacobs and BDP, to lead the architectural design. They have local, national and international experience in designing modern health facilities, with specific experience in paediatric and maternity hospital design including working on Melbourne’s Royal Children’s Hospital, New Children’s Hospital in Ireland, Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool, Mackay Base Hospital and SAHMRI 1 and 2;

WSP, in conjunction with Irwin Consult, BCA and Lucid, to lead the engineering design in areas such as structural, civil and mechanical engineering matters. The consortium has experience with similar projects interstate and overseas including the Royal Children’s Hospital, Murdoch Research Institute and the Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool;

RIDER Levett Bucknall to develop the cost modelling for the new WCH. The group has experience with the Fiona Stanley Hospital, Perth Children’s Hospital and Royal North Shore Hospital.

Women’s and Children’s Health Network chief executive Lindsey Gough said the teams will develop the best option for the overall design for the new WCH to ensure it is well equipped to meet future growth and deliver healthcare services of the highest standard.

“The design process will look at how the new WCH will be configured externally and internally and will determine the best way to integrate the new WCH with the Royal Adelaide Hospital and Adelaide Biomed City,” Ms Gough said.

“The plan for the new WCH will be based on contemporary and emerging designs for women’s and children’s hospitals and will be informed by consumer and staff engagement.”

The Advertiser
Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

EBG
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2418
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 pm
Has thanked: 848 times
Been thanked: 1701 times

[VIS] Re: New Womens and Childrens Hospital

#93 Post by EBG » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:25 pm

Calvary was built by John Holland, their first venture in Sa for a very long time.

urban
Legendary Member!
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:59 am
Location: City of Unley
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 17 times

[VIS] Re: New Womens and Childrens Hospital

#94 Post by urban » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:42 am

rev wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:10 pm
ml69 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:52 pm
rev wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:01 pm
C&G, who did the new Calvary hospital, reckon they can build the nWCH on time and at an affordable cost.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou ... 8940bcdc73

posted the whole article in the Calvary thread.
If they manage to deliver SAHMRI2 on time and budget (as they have with Calvary), that would be a pretty convincing evidence that they back their words up with action. So let’s see if they do...
Calvary was a pretty big project.
They have done quite a few other projects around the metro area, industrial sites. Could just look at them and see if they've been on time/budget to gauge whether they deliver.
They delivered Calvary on time and on budget once they increased the budget and lengthened the timeframe.

User avatar
Matt
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1112
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:36 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 66 times

[VIS] Re: New Womens and Childrens Hospital

#95 Post by Matt » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:05 pm

There's an article behind the Tiser paywall if anyone's able to assist.

User avatar
Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:29 pm
Location: In your head
Has thanked: 1274 times
Been thanked: 168 times

[VIS] Re: New Womens and Childrens Hospital

#96 Post by Ho Really » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:40 am

Here's that article...
North Adelaide Women’s and Children’s Hospital earmarked as prime residential site
Paul Starick, Chief Reporter, The Advertiser
June 11, 2020 7:39pm

North Adelaide’s Women’s and Children’s Hospital is being earmarked as a prime residential and commercial site once medical facilities are relocated, as part of a plan being prepared for Adelaide’s Riverbank.

In the first update to the burgeoning precinct’s masterplan in seven years, the new road map aims to capitalise on successes, such as Adelaide Oval’s $535 million upgrade.

It also will aim to guide future development.

Major proposals worth billions of dollars in total already put forward include a concert hall for the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra and a multipurpose arena for concerts, events, tennis, basketball, soccer and other sports.

State Planning Commission chairman and Riverbank Entertainment Precinct Advisory Committee chairman Michael Lennon said the hospital’s relocation next to the Royal Adelaide Hospital, for which the State Government has already committed $550 million, created a unique opportunity to consider the King William Rd site’s future.

He said the coronavirus pandemic likely would trigger increased demand for residential precincts near arts, cultural and tourism areas.

“The (hospital) site is at the edge of the Parklands,” he said.

“It’s a bridge between the Riverbank and Melbourne St.

“It’s got a unique perspective back to the Parklands and to the Riverbank and the city.

“It’s a spectacular site.”

He said it would help fill an important residential and cultural void in the city.

“Given the trend towards smaller households and the importance of things like tourism, the arts, culture and international education, then creating quality residential precincts in the city will be a priority for everyone,” he said.

Mr Lennon said the updated Riverbank masterplan would identify potential future uses for the hospital buildings and possible structures.

The precinct plan will be funded by the Capital City Committee – a partnership of the State Government and Adelaide City Council.

Renowned Adelaide architect Guy Maron in January revealed concept plans for a concert hall on the banks of the River Torrens at Elder Park, saying he preferred the site because of “the romantic notion of having it on the Riverbank”.

A concert hall was among measures proposed in an Arts and Culture Plan released last September by Premier Steven Marshall.

Adelaide Festival Centre chief executive officer and artistic director Douglas Gautier said the centre had been an longstanding and enthusiastic supporter of the case for a specialist concert hall.

“Adelaide is a UNESCO Creative City of Music and now, more than ever, we want to plan for the future of live music in South Australia,” he said. “The new Festival Plaza will not only be a beautiful and engaging place but also a gateway to the Riverbank Precinct’s entertainment, business and sporting attractions.”

City Council chief executive officer Mark Goldstone said the Riverbank’s role was vital from societal, economic and environmental perspectives.

He said future planning should consider changing demands of residents, visitors and workers, while respecting and enhancing the Parklands.

The Riverbank precinct has been a hotbed of interest for new developments in the past 12 months.

The Sunday Mail in February this year revealed rival plans for multipurpose, roofed stadiums vying for State Government backing to house major concerts, soccer, basketball, tennis and other court sports in the precinct at a cost of up to $1.3 billion.

A previous plan for a $200 million Memorial Drive upgrade was expanded under a business case developed for Adelaide Oval’s Stadium Management Authority, to match a separate proposal for the city railyards.

The tennis centre upgrade plan, which would involve closing War Memorial Drive to through traffic, was being pitched as significantly cheaper than the rival proposal for Adelaide’s railyards, which would cost between $900 million and upwards of $1 billion.

The railyards proposal also involved a multipurpose arena, but south of the River Torrens and west of the Morphett St bridge, with various configurations for concerts, conventions, events, tennis, basketball and soccer – the latter with a retractable grass pitch.

The plan included a major commercial precinct, likely to include a hotel, medical research centres, outlet shops and short-stay accommodation servicing the nearby Royal Adelaide Hospital and SAHMRI. It was backed by the Adelaide Venue Management Corporation, which operates the Adelaide Convention Centre, Entertainment Centre and Coopers (Hindmarsh) Stadium.

Costs of both proposals would be defrayed by selling off the latter two. But there has been little public movement on the proposals in recent months due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Advertiser
Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1982
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 270 times

[VIS] Re: New Womens and Childrens Hospital

#97 Post by Patrick_27 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:41 am

Ho Really wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:40 am
Here's that article...
North Adelaide Women’s and Children’s Hospital earmarked as prime residential site
Paul Starick, Chief Reporter, The Advertiser
June 11, 2020 7:39pm

North Adelaide’s Women’s and Children’s Hospital is being earmarked as a prime residential and commercial site once medical facilities are relocated, as part of a plan being prepared for Adelaide’s Riverbank.

In the first update to the burgeoning precinct’s masterplan in seven years, the new road map aims to capitalise on successes, such as Adelaide Oval’s $535 million upgrade.

It also will aim to guide future development.

Major proposals worth billions of dollars in total already put forward include a concert hall for the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra and a multipurpose arena for concerts, events, tennis, basketball, soccer and other sports.

State Planning Commission chairman and Riverbank Entertainment Precinct Advisory Committee chairman Michael Lennon said the hospital’s relocation next to the Royal Adelaide Hospital, for which the State Government has already committed $550 million, created a unique opportunity to consider the King William Rd site’s future.

He said the coronavirus pandemic likely would trigger increased demand for residential precincts near arts, cultural and tourism areas.

“The (hospital) site is at the edge of the Parklands,” he said.

“It’s a bridge between the Riverbank and Melbourne St.

“It’s got a unique perspective back to the Parklands and to the Riverbank and the city.

“It’s a spectacular site.”

He said it would help fill an important residential and cultural void in the city.

“Given the trend towards smaller households and the importance of things like tourism, the arts, culture and international education, then creating quality residential precincts in the city will be a priority for everyone,” he said.

Mr Lennon said the updated Riverbank masterplan would identify potential future uses for the hospital buildings and possible structures.

The precinct plan will be funded by the Capital City Committee – a partnership of the State Government and Adelaide City Council.

Renowned Adelaide architect Guy Maron in January revealed concept plans for a concert hall on the banks of the River Torrens at Elder Park, saying he preferred the site because of “the romantic notion of having it on the Riverbank”.

A concert hall was among measures proposed in an Arts and Culture Plan released last September by Premier Steven Marshall.

Adelaide Festival Centre chief executive officer and artistic director Douglas Gautier said the centre had been an longstanding and enthusiastic supporter of the case for a specialist concert hall.

“Adelaide is a UNESCO Creative City of Music and now, more than ever, we want to plan for the future of live music in South Australia,” he said. “The new Festival Plaza will not only be a beautiful and engaging place but also a gateway to the Riverbank Precinct’s entertainment, business and sporting attractions.”

City Council chief executive officer Mark Goldstone said the Riverbank’s role was vital from societal, economic and environmental perspectives.

He said future planning should consider changing demands of residents, visitors and workers, while respecting and enhancing the Parklands.

The Riverbank precinct has been a hotbed of interest for new developments in the past 12 months.

The Sunday Mail in February this year revealed rival plans for multipurpose, roofed stadiums vying for State Government backing to house major concerts, soccer, basketball, tennis and other court sports in the precinct at a cost of up to $1.3 billion.

A previous plan for a $200 million Memorial Drive upgrade was expanded under a business case developed for Adelaide Oval’s Stadium Management Authority, to match a separate proposal for the city railyards.

The tennis centre upgrade plan, which would involve closing War Memorial Drive to through traffic, was being pitched as significantly cheaper than the rival proposal for Adelaide’s railyards, which would cost between $900 million and upwards of $1 billion.

The railyards proposal also involved a multipurpose arena, but south of the River Torrens and west of the Morphett St bridge, with various configurations for concerts, conventions, events, tennis, basketball and soccer – the latter with a retractable grass pitch.

The plan included a major commercial precinct, likely to include a hotel, medical research centres, outlet shops and short-stay accommodation servicing the nearby Royal Adelaide Hospital and SAHMRI. It was backed by the Adelaide Venue Management Corporation, which operates the Adelaide Convention Centre, Entertainment Centre and Coopers (Hindmarsh) Stadium.

Costs of both proposals would be defrayed by selling off the latter two. But there has been little public movement on the proposals in recent months due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Advertiser
Cheers
I don't recall seeing this? Anyone have access to the article?

User avatar
Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:29 pm
Location: In your head
Has thanked: 1274 times
Been thanked: 168 times

[VIS] Re: New Womens and Childrens Hospital

#98 Post by Ho Really » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:46 am

Patrick_27 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:41 am
I don't recall seeing this? Anyone have access to the article?
Which article are you referring to? Do you have a title? I don't read AdelaideNow, I just browse. I prefer The Australian. So unless I see an interesting article via Apple News I don't bother and don't know what was published.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2139
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 255 times

[VIS] Re: New Womens and Childrens Hospital

#99 Post by claybro » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:15 pm

What a rambling article. Seems to conjur together every idea, scheme, plan and brain fart of the last decade. I thought we were talking about the W&C hospital site but then it morphed into river bank, concert hall and stadiums?? Most of which seems to have not been even seriously considered as yet. Maybe there is more definitive work going on behind the scenes than we know.

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1540
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 469 times
Been thanked: 117 times

[VIS] Re: New Womens and Childrens Hospital

#100 Post by SBD » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:32 pm

claybro wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:15 pm
What a rambling article. Seems to conjur together every idea, scheme, plan and brain fart of the last decade. I thought we were talking about the W&C hospital site but then it morphed into river bank, concert hall and stadiums?? Most of which seems to have not been even seriously considered as yet. Maybe there is more definitive work going on behind the scenes than we know.
The second paragraph references the Precinct's Masterplan to be updated for the first time in 7 years. I guess a "precinct" can be as big or small as you want it to be, but context could make it bound by Frome Road, Brougham Place, King William Road and the Torrens. All of those have been proposed by someone for that space.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests