[U/C] Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
User avatar
rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2961
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Nairne
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 129 times

[U/C] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

#886 Post by rhino » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:54 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:32 pm
A quick one. Crane is very striking from the south end of Bank Street.

Image
North end of Bank Street ...
cheers,
Rhino

User avatar
[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:26 pm
Has thanked: 1228 times
Been thanked: 279 times

[U/C] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

#887 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:18 pm

Just to clarify, are these cranes for the Carpark and the Plaza, or the office tower? Or both?
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

User avatar
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 2288
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:41 am
Location: Sitting Down
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 353 times

[U/C] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

#888 Post by Pikey » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:15 pm

[Shuz] wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:18 pm
Just to clarify, are these cranes for the Carpark and the Plaza, or the office tower? Or both?
Tower in this case
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Jaymz
Legendary Member!
Posts: 588
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 80 times

[U/C] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

#889 Post by Jaymz » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:21 am

Pikey wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:15 pm
[Shuz] wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:18 pm
Just to clarify, are these cranes for the Carpark and the Plaza, or the office tower? Or both?
Tower in this case
Who's the tenant(s) for this tower?

citywatcher
Legendary Member!
Posts: 626
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:51 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 83 times

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

#890 Post by citywatcher » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:42 am

Jaymz wrote:
Pikey wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:15 pm
[Shuz] wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:18 pm
Just to clarify, are these cranes for the Carpark and the Plaza, or the office tower? Or both?
Tower in this case
Who's the tenant(s) for this tower?
Confusing
This crane has been erected in the past day or so ?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk


User avatar
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 2288
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:41 am
Location: Sitting Down
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 353 times

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

#891 Post by Pikey » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:18 am

citywatcher wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:42 am
Jaymz wrote:
Pikey wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:15 pm


Tower in this case
Who's the tenant(s) for this tower?
Confusing
This crane has been erected in the past day or so ?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
Yep, with another two shortly. I believe this will have five all up.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Smithy85
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:31 am
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 20 times

[U/C] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

#892 Post by Smithy85 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:14 pm

Article in the Tiser today suggests latest contract has just been awarded to Built and this is for the plaza and car park only.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!
Posts: 626
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:51 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 83 times

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

#893 Post by citywatcher » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:45 pm

Pikey wrote:
citywatcher wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:42 am
Jaymz wrote: Who's the tenant(s) for this tower?
Confusing
This crane has been erected in the past day or so ?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
Yep, with another two shortly. I believe this will have five all up.
What's your source for this Pikey ?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk


User avatar
Joelmark
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:03 am
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 66 times

[U/C] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

#894 Post by Joelmark » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:30 am

I knew that the Adelaide Railway Station had been given some money in the last State Budget, but I had no idea that the changes and improvements were this extensive. It's also, dare I say for Adelaide, unusual for this much consideration of historical tradition to go into a project. If they can somehow get this, the plaza works, and the retail and office component in the new retail building and Walker tower right, this entire area will be transformed in few years' time.
https://renewalsa.sa.gov.au/revival-of-a-heritage-icon/

Spotto
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 9:05 pm
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 50 times

[U/C] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

#895 Post by Spotto » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:38 am

Joelmark wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:30 am
I knew that the Adelaide Railway Station had been given some money in the last State Budget, but I had no idea that the changes and improvements were this extensive. It's also, dare I say for Adelaide, unusual for this much consideration of historical tradition to go into a project. If they can somehow get this, the plaza works, and the retail and office component in the new retail building and Walker tower right, this entire area will be transformed in few years' time.
https://renewalsa.sa.gov.au/revival-of-a-heritage-icon/
I’m hoping this means the disgusting toilets will be completely replaced. The pedestrian underpass is also looking very tired over at the escalators. Fixing the leaky roof over the platforms is also a MUST.

User avatar
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 2288
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:41 am
Location: Sitting Down
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 353 times

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

#896 Post by Pikey » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:02 am

citywatcher wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:45 pm
Pikey wrote:
citywatcher wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:42 am
Confusing
This crane has been erected in the past day or so ?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
Yep, with another two shortly. I believe this will have five all up.
What's your source for this Pikey ?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
Engineer friend of mine. He also said the tower services will rise to ground level, then all things considered be moved on to above ground once the carpark services are complete. Take that for what you will.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4238
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 342 times
Been thanked: 477 times

[U/C] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

#897 Post by rev » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:08 am

Joelmark wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:30 am
I knew that the Adelaide Railway Station had been given some money in the last State Budget, but I had no idea that the changes and improvements were this extensive. It's also, dare I say for Adelaide, unusual for this much consideration of historical tradition to go into a project. If they can somehow get this, the plaza works, and the retail and office component in the new retail building and Walker tower right, this entire area will be transformed in few years' time.
https://renewalsa.sa.gov.au/revival-of-a-heritage-icon/
Shame the revival of this "heritage icon" doesn't include moving the casino out of it.

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2634
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 674 times
Been thanked: 329 times

[U/C] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

#898 Post by SRW » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:22 pm

rev wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:08 am
Joelmark wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:30 am
I knew that the Adelaide Railway Station had been given some money in the last State Budget, but I had no idea that the changes and improvements were this extensive. It's also, dare I say for Adelaide, unusual for this much consideration of historical tradition to go into a project. If they can somehow get this, the plaza works, and the retail and office component in the new retail building and Walker tower right, this entire area will be transformed in few years' time.
https://renewalsa.sa.gov.au/revival-of-a-heritage-icon/
Shame the revival of this "heritage icon" doesn't include moving the casino out of it.
Or, y'know, reviving the actual railway services.

Still, it's great to see the building being renewed with a heritage mindset. Particularly interested to see out-of-place modern additions redone in a more sympathetic or appropriate style, such as the tenancies mentioned along the ramp.
Keep Adelaide Weird

User avatar
Llessur2002
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1539
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 pm
Location: West Croydon
Has thanked: 484 times
Been thanked: 713 times

[U/C] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

#899 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:35 am

Does anyone know what's going on with those pop-up tenancies on the ramp by the way? Only Elementary ever seems to be open regularly now, and the makeup place sporadically - the others popped up, traded for a week and then seem to have remained shut ever since.

CDJ
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:30 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 171 times

[U/C] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

#900 Post by CDJ » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:19 pm

Pikey wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:15 pm
[Shuz] wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:18 pm
Just to clarify, are these cranes for the Carpark and the Plaza, or the office tower? Or both?
Tower in this case
This crane and the next two (3 in total) are for the basement carpark. The basement contract includes the core and columns contained within the carpark, to support the tower above.
Contract for the tower (above plaza level) hasn't been awarded, so no cranes for the tower until that occurs and contractor mobilises.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], SouthAussie94 and 3 guests