[PRO] 124-126 Franklin Street | 87m | 26 Lvls | Hotel

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
sponge
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[PRO] Re: 124-126 Franklin Street | 86m | 25 Lvls | Apartments

#91 Post by sponge » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:48 pm

Ben wrote:Sponge a word of warning on this one. It hasn't been approved so I wouldn't put down a deposit until it has. You don't want to have your money tied up in a something going nowhere. It will be reported on this site if and when it is approved.

Have you looked at one Adelaide on flinders? The sales office opens next week. There is also kodo. The trims site might be a bit further off but certainly a great design and location. I am yet to see the inside though so it could be terrible who knows.
Yeah I wont be signing or doing anything until it is approved. Thanks for the advice though!

My wife and I have really struggled to find a 3 Bedroom we like the design of and this development floor plan is by far the one that has jumped out to us. We currently live in a two story, 4 bedroom, theater, massive kitchen so big change for me especially. Although half the rooms in our house are never used. All the other layouts are the square box design with a small L shaped kitchen etc. The 2 apartments per floor is also a big plus to us.

Bohem we looked at but I am pretty sure they were all 2 bedrooms, correct me if I am wrong.

Have had a quick look at the Flinders "One" project, once again floor plans did not jump out at us either.

serca
High Rise Poster!

#92 Post by serca » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:33 pm

Sponge,

If you have a lazy 3.2M to invest, you might be interested in 203 North Tce. 1 apartment per floor 320m2 - massive with a "Chefs Kitchen" i don't think there are many if any left.

I have a 7 bedroom dwelling with a Helipad, bowling alley and secret underground bat cave where i make my Iron Man Suites. So i feel your pain about downsizing to live amongst the unwashed. :D

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#93 Post by Waewick » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:42 pm

Algernon wrote:
noted wrote:
rev wrote:I think you guys are over reacting a little.
This will eventually in time be just another "brick in the wall" as developments around it will drown it out from being so prominent.
Sorry Rev, but have to disagree with you on this one. I don't think it is an overreaction, more a case of giving it the appropriate level of criticism that such an average design so richly deserves.

If it goes ahead so be it. However, I think it is fair enough to expect a much better class of building in the first instance, rather than just put up with it in the hope that it will be blocked out soon enough.
Yet 115KW gets celebrated in its development thread. The walls are so ugly on that thing it makes me want to vomit. But cities aren't built for one person.
I agree, they are built for many people, which is why if a development is considered ugly by many it should be changed, or considered ugly by those we entrust to make these decisions it should also be changed.

don't get me wrong, I don't want every development stopped because 1 or two people don't like it, but there needs to be some standards put in place so that you build a beautful city, rather than just keep trying to cover up every ugly design with another one.

Algernon

#94 Post by Algernon » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:37 am

This proposal seriously isn't all that freakin bad lol

claybro

#95 Post by claybro » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:06 pm

sponge wrote:My wife and I have really struggled to find a 3 Bedroom we like the design of and this development floor plan is by far the one that has jumped out to us. We currently live in a two story, 4 bedroom, theater, massive kitchen so big change for me especially. Although half the rooms in our house are never used. All the other layouts are the square box design with a small L shaped kitchen etc. The 2 apartments per floor is also a big plus to us.
If only there were more developers with a choice of 3 bed and variety of floor plans, I believe many more downsizers/ small families would opt for city living. There is a huge market out there for people in your situation, and should I move back to Adelaide, I would be looking at a CBD residence. Unfortunately we continue to be served up 2 bedroom boxes, with no separation of zones as you mention.

Dvious
Legendary Member!

#96 Post by Dvious » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:56 pm

I know a couple of people on the DAP assessment board who will tear this one to shreds. Considering is yet to be approved, good luck is all i say.

Horrible, cheap, nasty is what comes to mind.

RoiMartel
Gold-Member ;)

#97 Post by RoiMartel » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Dvious wrote:I know a couple of people on the DAP assessment board who will tear this one to shreds. Considering is yet to be approved, good luck is all i say.

Horrible, cheap, nasty is what comes to mind.
This is what happens when only a few have the power. They build what they like, and stomp on what they don't.
Your 'friends' on the DAP board probably enthusiastically approved that hideous gray, orange and yellow Balfours dump judging by their taste

phenom
High Rise Poster!

#98 Post by phenom » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:25 pm

Dvious wrote:I know a couple of people on the DAP assessment board who will tear this one to shreds. Considering is yet to be approved, good luck is all i say.
Do you mean the Adelaide City Council DAP or the State Government DAC? As far as I'm aware the DAP basically gets asked effectively out of politeness on things over the $10m limit but has no real say.

Edit: As for people thinking this is hideous, well, the DAP approved a 4 storey building that appears to be made out of shipping crates near where I live. I'm guessing people on the DAP thought it was 'cute' or 'novel'.

Nathan

#99 Post by Nathan » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:42 pm

phenom wrote:Edit: As for people thinking this is hideous, well, the DAP approved a 4 storey building that appears to be made out of shipping crates near where I live. I'm guessing people on the DAP thought it was 'cute' or 'novel'.
Which one is that?

Dvious
Legendary Member!

#100 Post by Dvious » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:50 pm

Sorry, i meant DAC.

phenom
High Rise Poster!

#101 Post by phenom » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:53 pm

Nathan wrote:
phenom wrote:Edit: As for people thinking this is hideous, well, the DAP approved a 4 storey building that appears to be made out of shipping crates near where I live. I'm guessing people on the DAP thought it was 'cute' or 'novel'.
Which one is that?
10-12 Hamilton Place, Adelaide

Waewick

#102 Post by Waewick » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:54 pm

phenom wrote:
Do you mean the Adelaide City Council DAP or the State Government DAC? As far as I'm aware the DAP basically gets asked effectively out of politeness on things over the $10m limit but has no real say.

Edit: As for people thinking this is hideous, well, the DAP approved a 4 storey building that appears to be made out of shipping crates near where I live. I'm guessing people on the DAP thought it was 'cute' or 'novel'.
it probably was made out of shipping containers.

they call it sustainable?

Nathan

#103 Post by Nathan » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:11 pm

This one?
http://dmzweb.adelaidecitycouncil.com/a ... hments.pdf

That actually looks quite interesting. Looks like they've taken a lot of inspiration from jutaku (Japanese micro homes).
I guess the quality of the corrugated iron cladding would play a big part if it's successful or not.

phenom
High Rise Poster!

#104 Post by phenom » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:00 pm

Nathan wrote:This one?
http://dmzweb.adelaidecitycouncil.com/a ... hments.pdf

That actually looks quite interesting. Looks like they've taken a lot of inspiration from jutaku (Japanese micro homes).
I guess the quality of the corrugated iron cladding would play a big part if it's successful or not.
Thanks, nice find. I assume the cladding is more than just painting the shipping crates.
IMG_20160422_173547e.jpg
IMG_20160422_173547e.jpg (207.52 KiB) Viewed 4384 times
Anyways, apologies to mods for derailing the thread... I guess the relevance to this one is that one person's eyesore is another's majestic creation.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#105 Post by Ben » Mon May 09, 2016 2:36 pm

Type: Schedule 10
Application Number: S10/45/2014/A
Lodgement Date: 06/05/2016
Description: Vary previous authorisation demolish existing building and construct 15 level residential building - VARIATION - Increase height to 26 levels, associate apartment re-configuration with secondary lift well, changes to facade materials, larger car stacking cube (50 vehicles), changes to roofline profile and other internal and external alterations.