[CAN] 124-126 Franklin Street | 86m | 26 Lvls | Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Llessur2002
Legendary Member!

[CAN] Re: 124-126 Franklin Street | 86m | 26 Lvls | Apartments

#196 Post by Llessur2002 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:27 pm

ml69 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:12 am
Has anyone else has noticed an uptick in people returning to Adelaide?
Anecdotally yes - a few friends from Melbourne have (individually) decided to move back recently, and a couple more are talking about it. Is that part of an overall trend, or is it just a confirmation that people return to Adelaide in their mid to late 30s?

ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#197 Post by ghs » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:08 am

What we need is a state government that is serious about the economy. Weatherill was hopeless.

On greenhill road the government should consider having a system where any building that isn't up for lease has a sign on it saying 'Not for lease'. Then all of the 'For lease' signs could be removed. I believe this would be a better way to manage the situation.

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#198 Post by rev » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:51 pm

Llessur2002 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:27 pm
ml69 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:12 am
Has anyone else has noticed an uptick in people returning to Adelaide?
Anecdotally yes - a few friends from Melbourne have (individually) decided to move back recently, and a couple more are talking about it. Is that part of an overall trend, or is it just a confirmation that people return to Adelaide in their mid to late 30s?
I've had some friends who moved here from Sydney, move back to Sydney in recent years. Imo it depends on what industry and what opportunities are available.
There's also probably a factor of people moving from a small quiet place like Adelaide to a big hustle and bustle metropolis like Sydney or Melbourne being unable to cope after a few years of the madness. I know a lot of friends hate going to Melbourne and Sydney for those reasons and rule out ever living there. On the other hand a lot of friends who come from Melbourne particularly comment how laid back it is here, but they wouldn't move here because the economy is too slow paced, there's not enough opportunities.

In general I think a lot of east coasters are surprised by Adelaide when they get here, but as for pulling more of them in as opposed to how many we lose to them, I think we are a long long way off that mark.

The trick for Adelaide will be maintaining the relatively laid back lifestyle, or perception of it, while creating huge economic growth. That will entice a lot more people to move over.

ChillyPhilly
Legendary Member!

#199 Post by ChillyPhilly » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:53 pm

ghs wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:08 am
What we need is a state government that is serious about the economy. Weatherill was hopeless.

On greenhill road the government should consider having a system where any building that isn't up for lease has a sign on it saying 'Not for lease'. Then all of the 'For lease' signs could be removed. I believe this would be a better way to manage the situation.
Ok
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.