[U/C] GPO Exchange | 85m | 22 Levels | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
User avatar
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5642
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:06 pm
Has thanked: 758 times
Been thanked: 1349 times

[U/C] Re: GPO Exchange | 85m | 22 Levels | Office

#316 Post by Norman » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:24 pm

Pikey wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:13 pm
I really hope they clad the core as indicated in the renders, and not cheap out and leave it.
From this week

Image

Core cladding

Image

User avatar
wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 496
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 131 times

[U/C] Re: GPO Exchange | 85m | 22 Levels | Office

#317 Post by wilkiebarkid » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:45 am

From 27 January

Image

Image

User avatar
Llessur2002
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1456
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 pm
Location: West Croydon
Has thanked: 423 times
Been thanked: 666 times

[U/C] Re: GPO Exchange | 85m | 22 Levels | Office

#318 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:01 am

wilkiebarkid wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:45 am
From 27 January

Image

Image
Did the pictures get deleted?

User avatar
wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 496
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 131 times

[U/C] Re: GPO Exchange | 85m | 22 Levels | Office

#319 Post by wilkiebarkid » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:34 am

Looks as though IMGUR are doing a PHOTOBUCKET!

User avatar
wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 496
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 131 times

[U/C] Re: GPO Exchange | 85m | 22 Levels | Office

#320 Post by wilkiebarkid » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:56 am

wilkiebarkid wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:34 am
Looks as though IMGUR are doing a PHOTOBUCKET!

See if this works.

Image

Image

EBG
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2042
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 pm
Has thanked: 665 times
Been thanked: 1188 times

[U/C] Re: GPO Exchange | 85m | 22 Levels | Office

#321 Post by EBG » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:11 pm

19/2/2019. This project is now as tall as its neighbour. Picture from near Wakefield St on far side of the square.
Click on picture for bigger image. The short building on the left hand side (formerly known as the MLC building) was built in 1959 and was one of the first buildings from the Modern Movement.
Not bad for a 60 year old building.
Attachments
20190219_gpo 1.jpg

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2305
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 503 times
Been thanked: 215 times

[U/C] Re: GPO Exchange | 85m | 22 Levels | Office

#322 Post by SRW » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:32 pm

EBG wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:11 pm
19/2/2019. This project is now as tall as its neighbour. Picture from near Wakefield St on far side of the square.
Click on picture for bigger image. The short building on the left hand side (formerly known as the MLC building) was built in 1959 and was one of the first buildings from the Modern Movement.
Not bad for a 60 year old building.
It'd be great to see the design for a 110 metre tower adjoining the MLC building be brought to fruition by its proponents (haven't heard a peep since proposed in 2017). That'd make a nice little cluster overlooking the square.
Keep Adelaide Weird

User avatar
rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2910
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Nairne
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 105 times

[U/C] Re: GPO Exchange | 85m | 22 Levels | Office

#323 Post by rhino » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:56 am

EBG wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:11 pm
The short building on the left hand side (formerly known as the MLC building) was built in 1959 and was one of the first buildings from the Modern Movement.
Not bad for a 60 year old building.
1957. It was also previously known as the Beacon Building, due to the weather beacon that used to be on the top of it, and I believe it has the distinction of being Australia's first fully air-conditioned "skyscraper" (it was as tall as buildings were allowed to be in Adelaide in 1955, when building commenced).
cheers,
Rhino

User avatar
HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 10:54 am
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 11 times

[U/C] Re: GPO Exchange | 85m | 22 Levels | Office

#324 Post by HeapsGood » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:14 am

rhino wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:56 am
EBG wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:11 pm
The short building on the left hand side (formerly known as the MLC building) was built in 1959 and was one of the first buildings from the Modern Movement.
Not bad for a 60 year old building.
1957. It was also previously known as the Beacon Building, due to the weather beacon that used to be on the top of it, and I believe it has the distinction of being Australia's first fully air-conditioned "skyscraper" (it was as tall as buildings were allowed to be in Adelaide in 1955, when building commenced).
It's now a horrible eyesore, which should be torn down, and a beautiful glass skyscraper should go up in its place (and in the car park behind it). Heritage my butt.

I do like this design... http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... f=7&t=6130
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

User avatar
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3105
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 pm
Location: Bowden
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 607 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: GPO Exchange | 85m | 22 Levels | Office

#325 Post by Nathan » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:20 am

HeapsGood wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:14 am
rhino wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:56 am
EBG wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:11 pm
The short building on the left hand side (formerly known as the MLC building) was built in 1959 and was one of the first buildings from the Modern Movement.
Not bad for a 60 year old building.
1957. It was also previously known as the Beacon Building, due to the weather beacon that used to be on the top of it, and I believe it has the distinction of being Australia's first fully air-conditioned "skyscraper" (it was as tall as buildings were allowed to be in Adelaide in 1955, when building commenced).
It's now a horrible eyesore, which should be torn down, and a beautiful glass skyscraper should go up in its place (and in the car park behind it). Heritage my butt.
Your opinion is wrong.

User avatar
HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 10:54 am
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 11 times

[U/C] Re: GPO Exchange | 85m | 22 Levels | Office

#326 Post by HeapsGood » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:31 am

Nathan wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:20 am
HeapsGood wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:14 am
rhino wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:56 am


1957. It was also previously known as the Beacon Building, due to the weather beacon that used to be on the top of it, and I believe it has the distinction of being Australia's first fully air-conditioned "skyscraper" (it was as tall as buildings were allowed to be in Adelaide in 1955, when building commenced).
It's now a horrible eyesore, which should be torn down, and a beautiful glass skyscraper should go up in its place (and in the car park behind it). Heritage my butt.
Your opinion is wrong.
Your opinion of my opinion is wrong.

BTW hopefully this design makes it better http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... f=7&t=6130
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1660
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 197 times

[U/C] Re: GPO Exchange | 85m | 22 Levels | Office

#327 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:39 am

HeapsGood wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:31 am
Nathan wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:20 am
HeapsGood wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:14 am


It's now a horrible eyesore, which should be torn down, and a beautiful glass skyscraper should go up in its place (and in the car park behind it). Heritage my butt.
Your opinion is wrong.
Your opinion of my opinion is wrong.

BTW hopefully this design makes it better http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... f=7&t=6130
This opinion is what is wrong with some people on this thread.

User avatar
timtam20292
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1083
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:03 pm
Has thanked: 868 times
Been thanked: 146 times

[U/C] Re: GPO Exchange | 85m | 22 Levels | Office

#328 Post by timtam20292 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:58 am

HeapsGood wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:14 am
rhino wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:56 am
EBG wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:11 pm
The short building on the left hand side (formerly known as the MLC building) was built in 1959 and was one of the first buildings from the Modern Movement.
Not bad for a 60 year old building.
1957. It was also previously known as the Beacon Building, due to the weather beacon that used to be on the top of it, and I believe it has the distinction of being Australia's first fully air-conditioned "skyscraper" (it was as tall as buildings were allowed to be in Adelaide in 1955, when building commenced).
It's now a horrible eyesore, which should be torn down, and a beautiful glass skyscraper should go up in its place (and in the car park behind it). Heritage my butt.


I do like this design... http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... f=7&t=6130
:roll: :roll: :roll:

There is a reason for its heritage which has been explained countless times on this forum.

Mpol03
Legendary Member!
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am
Has thanked: 268 times
Been thanked: 45 times

[U/C] Re: GPO Exchange | 85m | 22 Levels | Office

#329 Post by Mpol03 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:38 pm

Wasn’t there a proposal that incorporates the old whilst adding a new office tower? It’s over 100m too if I recall corrrectly?

User avatar
HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 10:54 am
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 11 times

[U/C] Re: GPO Exchange | 85m | 22 Levels | Office

#330 Post by HeapsGood » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:40 pm

Mpol03 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:38 pm
Wasn’t there a proposal that incorporates the old whilst adding a new office tower? It’s over 100m too if I recall corrrectly?
Its in the link I posted.
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Jaymz, Nathan and 11 guests