[COM] 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1381 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:06 am

Also applicable for the Realm thread.

Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1382 Post by Pikey » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:22 pm

The floor climbing screens are all but removed now.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Algernon

#1383 Post by Algernon » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:09 pm

Just quietly, thank fkn chrst the State Bank/State Debt/Santos/Westpac/isosceles bloody triangle isn't the tallest anymore. It's like the bloody 30 year old who never moved out and playing master of puppets every day to remind you he's still there

A-Town
High Rise Poster!

#1384 Post by A-Town » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:17 pm

Algernon wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:09 pm
Just quietly, thank fkn chrst the State Bank/State Debt/Santos/Westpac/isosceles bloody triangle isn't the tallest anymore. It's like the bloody 30 year old who never moved out and playing master of puppets every day to remind you he's still there
Although it's not the tallest, unfortunately it's still the most prominent given its location, stature and size. A 150m+ tower in the heart of the city will take care of that nicely, though.

aceman
High Rise Poster!

#1385 Post by aceman » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:53 pm

A-Town wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:17 pm
Algernon wrote:
Although it's not the tallest, unfortunately it's still the most prominent given its location, stature and size. A 150m+ tower in the heart of the city will take care of that nicely, though.
completely agree, although adelaidian may technically be taller westpac still looks the most prominent, a lot more girth and from my view south of the city it actually still looks like the tallest. I was hoping for a new prominent tallest but that's not the case. they're so close in actual height off the ground that they're built on meaning whichever one is on higher ground will be the tallest so to speak. like it or not westpac is still king.

Joelmark
High Rise Poster!

#1386 Post by Joelmark » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:54 am

It really does depend on where you are, however. On a visit to Adelaide for a few weeks in late Oct - early Nov, I was fortunate to see the skyline from many angles - Mt Lofty, Light's Vision, the Torrens Lake, and even far away whilst driving in Wynn Vale, Hillbank and near Mawson Lakes, and Westpac certainly wasn't the standout building - 11 Frome St and Realm looked the same height, or even higher.

Thunderstruck
High Rise Poster!

#1387 Post by Thunderstruck » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:50 am

For me, Westpac house is still the dominant building in the skyline due to it's position and width, it especially dominates from the Airport. Other angles whilst it's a bit rivalled, 90% of the compass it either strongly dominates or slightly dominates. Perhaps only the NE angle it does not.
"He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards" - Pratchett

Stryker
Gold-Member ;)

#1388 Post by Stryker » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:15 am

Thunderstruck wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:50 am
For me, Westpac house is still the dominant building in the skyline due to it's position and width, it especially dominates from the Airport. Other angles whilst it's a bit rivalled, 90% of the compass it either strongly dominates or slightly dominates. Perhaps only the NE angle it does not.
I agree. Until we get a building that's genuinely taller, maybe somewhere in the 140 - 150 metre mark, I think Westpac will continue to dominate. This and Realm certainly makes the CBD look bigger though. They do stand out. Lets just hope that proposal on the corner of King William and Currie Street gets up. I think that'll make a big impact, especially from the North.

https://i.imgur.com/hHEwIbk.jpg

Ho Really

#1389 Post by Ho Really » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:13 pm

Stryker wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:15 am
[...]
Lets just hope that proposal on the corner of King William and Currie Street gets up. I think that'll make a big impact, especially from the North.
They'll be the same height at approx. 132 metres each. Westpac has aerials that give it the edge, I think up to 135 metres, but it is possible that this new development on the other corner may look taller if the ground level is 1 metre or so higher. Again, unless another development such as Dominator comes along, Westpac will still be Adelaide's most dominant feature thanks to its mass. Besides it's an office building, it's sleeker in looks too.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Honey of a City
High Rise Poster!

#1390 Post by Honey of a City » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:42 pm

Algernon wrote:

Hear hear. I’ve always thought of it as a symbolic tombstone sitting over the city. Glad it’s losing its prominence.

ozisnowman
High Rise Poster!

#1391 Post by ozisnowman » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:19 pm

What is sad about the whole saga is that it can happen again. We should have had a change in our State Government Laws/Constitution that makes Governments accountable.
Someone in Government should have not just not got reelected or sacked but they should have gone to jail for the stuff-up that was the State Bank.

Anyone who hires a manager with an abysmal past record to be the ceo of the state bank should have been liable and been held accountable.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: [U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1392 Post by citywatcher » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:31 pm

ozisnowman wrote:What is sad about the whole saga is that it can happen again. We should have had a change in our State Government Laws/Constitution that makes Governments accountable.
Someone in Government should have not just not got reelected or sacked but they should have gone to jail for the stuff-up that was the State Bank.

Anyone who hires a manager with an abysmal past record to be the ceo of the state bank should have been liable and been held accountable.
Horseshit

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

ChillyPhilly

#1393 Post by ChillyPhilly » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:07 pm

From today.

Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

ghs

#1394 Post by ghs » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:32 pm

ozisnowman wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:19 pm
What is sad about the whole saga is that it can happen again. We should have had a change in our State Government Laws/Constitution that makes Governments accountable.

If you take a look at the state government's record over the last 35 years it's been nothing short of disgraceful.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1395 Post by SRW » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:53 pm

deleted - posted in wrong thread
Last edited by SRW on Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep Adelaide Weird