[U/C] 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
Jaymz
Legendary Member!
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 77 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1396 Post by Jaymz » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:43 pm

ozisnowman wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:19 pm
What is sad about the whole saga is that it can happen again. We should have had a change in our State Government Laws/Constitution that makes Governments accountable.
Someone in Government should have not just not got reelected or sacked but they should have gone to jail for the stuff-up that was the State Bank.

Anyone who hires a manager with an abysmal past record to be the ceo of the state bank should have been liable and been held accountable.
Unlike a previous post from someone who thinks a comment like "horseshit" is appropriate. I mostly agree with your sentiments.

And not to take this thread too far off topic, as this building is a very positive step forward for our state. But it cannot be understated, that the state bank collapse and mismanagement by the state goverment at the time was farcical and solely responsible for S.A's economic underperformance over the past 30 years.

To this day, we're still lumped in the slow lane with Tasmania when it comes to economic performance. But now even Tassie is leaving us for dead.

User avatar
gnrc_louis
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:04 pm
Location: Grange
Has thanked: 181 times
Been thanked: 28 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1397 Post by gnrc_louis » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:54 pm

Jaymz wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:43 pm
ozisnowman wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:19 pm
What is sad about the whole saga is that it can happen again. We should have had a change in our State Government Laws/Constitution that makes Governments accountable.
Someone in Government should have not just not got reelected or sacked but they should have gone to jail for the stuff-up that was the State Bank.

Anyone who hires a manager with an abysmal past record to be the ceo of the state bank should have been liable and been held accountable.
Unlike a previous post from someone who thinks a comment like "horseshit" is appropriate. I mostly agree with your sentiments.

And not to take this thread too far off topic, as this building is a very positive step forward for our state. But it cannot be understated, that the state bank collapse and mismanagement by the state goverment at the time was farcical and solely responsible for S.A's economic underperformance over the past 30 years.

To this day, we're still lumped in the slow lane with Tasmania when it comes to economic performance. But now even Tassie is leaving us for dead.
It definitely wasn't "solely" responsible. The decline in manufacturing has hurt the State massively too. Also, Adelaide faces many of the problems mid-sized cities in the developed world face - particularly the so called "brain drain." It's both naive and intellectually lazy to blame the entirety of the State's problems on the State Bank collapse.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 77 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1398 Post by Jaymz » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:59 pm

So why haven't Perth and Brisbane suffered the same "brain drain" that you speak of, for mid sized cities?

User avatar
gnrc_louis
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:04 pm
Location: Grange
Has thanked: 181 times
Been thanked: 28 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1399 Post by gnrc_louis » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:13 pm

Jaymz wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:59 pm
So why haven't Perth and Brisbane suffered the same "brain drain" that you speak of, for mid sized cities?
Perth is currently experiencing negative NIM since the slowdown of the mining boom, Brisbane too loses a reasonable amount of its young population to Sydney and Melbourne. Adelaide grew primarily post World War Two due to the baby boom and the growth its manufacturing sector, once it became cheaper to manufacture those goods overseas, the city was always going to struggle unless it innovated - which its been slow to do. A similar thing has happened in the so-called "rust belt" states in the US. Without the State Bank collapse the State would probably be in a better position now, but the fundamental economic issues would likely remain.

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1799
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 228 times

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1400 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:57 am

citywatcher wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:31 pm
ozisnowman wrote:What is sad about the whole saga is that it can happen again. We should have had a change in our State Government Laws/Constitution that makes Governments accountable.
Someone in Government should have not just not got reelected or sacked but they should have gone to jail for the stuff-up that was the State Bank.

Anyone who hires a manager with an abysmal past record to be the ceo of the state bank should have been liable and been held accountable.
Horseshit

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
With that logic, if you gave a mate $100 to buy groceries and he bought drugs instead and was caught that you should be thrown the book as well for giving him the money in the first place.

User avatar
bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:04 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 41 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1401 Post by bm7500 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:38 am

Image From my place on the weekend.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ADELAIDE - SINGAPORE - LONDON - BERLIN - AMSTERDAM - PARIS - TOKYO - LOS ANGELES

User avatar
Plasmatron
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:16 pm
Location: St Georges, Adelaide, SA
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 247 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1402 Post by Plasmatron » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:57 pm

With both Adelaidean and Realm topping out recently, I snapped these shots from the good ol' North Adelaide car park a few days ago. I have a feeling that Realm will have a much nicer top floor and roof area, when viewed from a distance, because the Adelaidean seems to have turned out a little disappointing in that regard. (27/11/2019)

Adelaidean-November2019-1.jpg
Adelaidean-November2019-2.jpg
Now you're playing with power.

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2526
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 610 times
Been thanked: 272 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1403 Post by SRW » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:13 pm

Plasmatron wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:57 pm
With both Adelaidean and Realm topping out recently, I snapped these shots from the good ol' North Adelaide car park a few days ago. I have a feeling that Realm will have a much nicer top floor and roof area, when viewed from a distance, because the Adelaidean seems to have turned out a little disappointing in that regard. (27/11/2019)


Adelaidean-November2019-1.jpg
Adelaidean-November2019-2.jpg
I actually like the step back of Adelaidean's upper levels, as it the one interesting feature of a boring design. But yes, obviously Realm is far superior.
Keep Adelaide Weird

HiTouch
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 222 times
Been thanked: 90 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1404 Post by HiTouch » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:52 pm

I tried taking a few shots from Ansteys but it came out a little blurry, my apologies.
Attachments
7C7810CA-4433-47D7-A62D-153D51B895FB.jpeg
AB555CFE-CE5E-43B6-A46D-BB1603250CD2.jpeg
rev wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 am
If the parklands are so important why dont they put it to a vote state wide? Or are they afraid the majority will back this hotel..

User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 284 times
Been thanked: 489 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1405 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:20 am

Edit - Monday morning cock-up. Viewed a skyline photo on my phone and thought it was an old shot of Adelaidean. :lol:
Last edited by ChillyPhilly on Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Nort
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1171
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm
Has thanked: 250 times
Been thanked: 151 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1406 Post by Nort » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:12 am

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:20 am
I suspect this photo is a bit old, but a good perspective nonetheless.

Image
Nice photo, shame it doesn't actually show this building. :p

ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1602
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:09 am
Location: Brighton
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 63 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1407 Post by ghs » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:29 am

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:20 am
I suspect this photo is a bit old, but a good perspective nonetheless.
I suspect your photo doesn't show the Adelaidean, but a good perspective nonetheless.

User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 284 times
Been thanked: 489 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1408 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:12 pm

Okay then. Image
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1799
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 228 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1409 Post by Patrick_27 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:18 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:12 pm
Okay then. Image
That's Realm, mate...

Mpol03
Legendary Member!
Posts: 667
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am
Has thanked: 296 times
Been thanked: 55 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1410 Post by Mpol03 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:34 pm

At least from this angle Realm looks as tall if not a tad taller than West Pac.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests