[APP] 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2301
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 502 times
Been thanked: 214 times

[APP] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

#301 Post by SRW » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:07 pm

NTRabbit wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:35 am
Is there a tldr for all the changes? ie did they also revert the dog box floor height shrink?
Ceiling height is apparently unchanged from original, the extra floors are achieved from reducing slab depth and the crown/plant.

The only concessions the deferral achieved is that a metallic integral paint will be applied to the concrete spandrels replacing glass and that the copper colour treatment of the lobby is taken on notice for approval by SCAP at a later date. From what I can gather, the architects have been hamstrung in their choice of (cheaper) materials by the issues surrounding combustible cladding - ie, the aluminium panels they originally wanted to use are no longer certifiable.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6645
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 255 times
Been thanked: 1022 times

[APP] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

#302 Post by Ben » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:42 am

How many times can a building be redesigned?
Application Number: S10/40/2017/B
Type: Schedule 10
Lodged: 29/05/2019
Location: 266-269 North Terrace, ADELAIDE SA 5000
Description: Vary previous authorisation demolition of all existing structures and the construction of a 34 storey mixed-use building comprising student accommodation, associated student services/amenity spaces and ground floor commercial land uses - VARIATION - alterations to interior layout, refinement of façade to south-east corner of ground level and level 1, refinement of column design and uniform column width, and other related works.

Nort
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1085
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm
Has thanked: 214 times
Been thanked: 131 times

[APP] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

#303 Post by Nort » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:59 am

Ben wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:42 am
How many times can a building be redesigned?
Application Number: S10/40/2017/B
Type: Schedule 10
Lodged: 29/05/2019
Location: 266-269 North Terrace, ADELAIDE SA 5000
Description: Vary previous authorisation demolition of all existing structures and the construction of a 34 storey mixed-use building comprising student accommodation, associated student services/amenity spaces and ground floor commercial land uses - VARIATION - alterations to interior layout, refinement of façade to south-east corner of ground level and level 1, refinement of column design and uniform column width, and other related works.
Let's hope refinement actually means improvement. With the cheap looking materials on the Adelaidean next door this could end up being a very disappointing corner.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6645
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 255 times
Been thanked: 1022 times

[APP] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

#304 Post by Ben » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:16 am

I think they are further dumbing down the design on the podium so the columns are just the one size from top to bottom is how i read it.

Existing render. proposed changes not yet available.

Image

d3v310per
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 10:52 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 4 times

[APP] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

#305 Post by d3v310per » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:36 pm

The protruding floor plates and columns really dominate the facade in that render. Perhaps from a distance (once built) the glazing might balance it out but I have my doubts. At this stage I can't say the design is anything but ordinary.

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 247 times
Been thanked: 351 times

[APP] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

#306 Post by rev » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:12 pm

Its a shocking design. Always has been.

Mpol03
Legendary Member!
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am
Has thanked: 268 times
Been thanked: 45 times

[APP] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

#307 Post by Mpol03 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:57 pm

Adelaidian has looked very miss leading in basically all renders. :(

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2301
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 502 times
Been thanked: 214 times

[APP] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

#308 Post by SRW » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:12 pm

This is one of those locations that deserves better. A lot of average-looking developments can be excused away because they will blend in and it’s sometimes better to have development then none at all. Here, there’s no hiding, and any fuck up will be unforgivable given the prestigious locale.
Keep Adelaide Weird

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 247 times
Been thanked: 351 times

[APP] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

#309 Post by rev » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:26 pm

SRW wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:12 pm
This is one of those locations that deserves better. A lot of average-looking developments can be excused away because they will blend in and it’s sometimes better to have development then none at all. Here, there’s no hiding, and any fuck up will be unforgivable given the prestigious locale.
Well across the road they have those red brick/white steel/blue glass apartments, pretty below average little area already, with two more average developments going up. At least they are consistent with existing developments.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 71 times

[APP] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

#310 Post by Jaymz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:16 pm

So, what are they gonna do with the hole in the ground if this doesn't get built?

cmet
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:03 pm
Been thanked: 73 times

[APP] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

#311 Post by cmet » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:45 pm

Jaymz wrote:So, what are they gonna do with the hole in the ground if this doesn't get built?
Sell it. But what makes you think that’s a possibility?

citywatcher
Legendary Member!
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:51 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 61 times

[APP] Re: [APP] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

#312 Post by citywatcher » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:02 pm

Jaymz wrote:So, what are they gonna do with the hole in the ground if this doesn't get built?
A Christ the scientist building?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk


Smithy85
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:31 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 16 times

[APP] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

#313 Post by Smithy85 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:59 pm

Tenders being called in the Tiser today.

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 247 times
Been thanked: 351 times

[APP] Re: [APP] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

#314 Post by rev » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:45 am

citywatcher wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:02 pm
Jaymz wrote:So, what are they gonna do with the hole in the ground if this doesn't get built?
A Christ the scientist building?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
I dunno about that, but not even Jesus Christ can make this shocker look good.

d3v310per
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 10:52 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 4 times

[APP] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

#315 Post by d3v310per » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:54 am

Hutchinson Builders tender closes today for this site (advertised in yesterdays The Advertiser)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests