[PRO] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
Patrick_27
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1418
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: [PRO] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#16 Post by Patrick_27 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:57 pm

Nathan wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:29 am
Patrick_27 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:32 am
SRW wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:56 pm
By whom? This is good proposal we can reliably expect to be seen through by a good businessman. As a development forum, we surely all welcome that! I don’t see any reason to sling insults.
No, Citywatcher is right. Maras is an arrogant fucking wanker. To provide one example, he's the culprit behind the fact that the LeCornu site has remained empty for close to 30 years, he spent far too much time interfering with ACC decisions during both Bob Wallis' ownership of the site and early on during Makris' ownership. One can praise his efforts with the EastEnd, but that's about it.
You want to back any of that up with some evidence? Given the council DAP approved proposal after proposal, I doubt your assertion that interference with council decisions had one iota to do with Makris' inability to deliver.
DAC have only had control over what goes on that site for the last ten or so years... Note my use of the words early on during Makris' ownership. Maras was pushing the ACC to force the site's owner to build a carpark instead of residential/entertainment precinct, probably something to do with the fact that he was building his own residential/entertainment precinct in the city's east end at the time. I'm not talking about what's happened recently with the Le Cornu site, I'm talking 1990 to 2006. My evidence is having been involved with both the Makris family for years and from having known Bob and Lorna Wallis very well whilst working for the company. And since when do people have to provide evidence on these forums? None of you do.

User avatar
rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3332
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: [PRO] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#17 Post by rev » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:09 pm

Calm down guys, you're arguing about to very wealthy people who don't give a shit about you and your opinions.

User avatar
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5360
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:06 pm
Has thanked: 676 times
Been thanked: 1084 times

Re: [PRO] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#18 Post by Norman » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:33 pm

Ok, enough with the personal attacks please, let's discuss the actual development.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6265
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 213 times
Been thanked: 802 times

Re: [PRO] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#19 Post by Ben » Tue May 22, 2018 11:28 am

Expected to be approved at Thursdays meeting.

https://www.saplanningcommission.sa.gov ... 081_17.pdf

Can't say I love it. Looks a bit outdated.

Image

GrowAdelaide
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:35 am
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Re: [PRO] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#20 Post by GrowAdelaide » Tue May 22, 2018 1:48 pm

The residents to the east of it certainly don't seem to love it either...I personally think its a suitable height for that location.

how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: [PRO] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#21 Post by how good is he » Tue May 22, 2018 5:00 pm

Maras is the developer here. Anyone know or heard whats happening with his nearby site - The Stag, since the tenants went into into liquidation?
Last edited by how good is he on Tue May 22, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: [PRO] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#22 Post by how good is he » Tue May 22, 2018 5:00 pm

I think the building on East Tce facing the parklands has only 3 [whole floor] apartments by memory. They should do a deal with the developer here. They could build a new tower combining both sites, with a better outlook and maximise the potential for both.

Patrick_27
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1418
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: [PRO] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#23 Post by Patrick_27 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:35 pm

how good is he wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 5:00 pm
Maras is the developer here. Anyone know or heard whats happening with his nearby site - The Stag, since the tenants went into into liquidation?
In your comment are you intending to suggest that Maras could build on The Stag site? Because if so, you should probably take another look at The Stag building and ask yourself: "Is the loss of this building really worth another cheap high-rise development."

User avatar
Algernon
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1037
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:46 pm
Location: Moravia
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: [PRO] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#24 Post by Algernon » Tue May 22, 2018 6:44 pm

how good is he wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 5:00 pm
Maras is the developer here. Anyone know or heard whats happening with his nearby site - The Stag, since the tenants went into into liquidation?
The Stag does that. Nobody seems to be able to turn a dollar on it. In the 90s it was abandoned and in a pretty bad state. It'll be back (then go broke again).

Whatever happens the building stays, it's on the heritage register.

how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: [PRO] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#25 Post by how good is he » Tue May 22, 2018 7:05 pm

Patrick_27, firstly he doesn’t actually own the land the Stag is on, it is owned by the Crown (the Govt) and was granted to Mancorp on a 99 year leasehold in 2006 with the other associated commercial properties in Rundle St after an international tender (see https://www.rundlestreet.com.au/wp-cont ... -Issue.pdf).
Secondly as Algernon says, it is definitely heritage-listed and I don’t believe it could, should or would ever be developed/demolished.
My interest was purely if anyone knew if a new tenant/operator had been sought or found or maybe had any info on what was happening with the previous operator.
Only as you bring it up, there was a render/vision once that I did see (on this website), which was of the possible redevelopment of the dining room/area adjacent which possibly isnt heritage-listed. This render was for a high rise but I doubt it would ever be proposed or supported.

User avatar
Algernon
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1037
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:46 pm
Location: Moravia
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: [PRO] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#26 Post by Algernon » Tue May 22, 2018 10:21 pm

how good is he wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:05 pm
Patrick_27, firstly he doesn’t actually own the land the Stag is on, it is owned by the Crown (the Govt) and was granted to Mancorp on a 99 year leasehold in 2006 with the other associated commercial properties in Rundle St after an international tender (see https://www.rundlestreet.com.au/wp-cont ... -Issue.pdf).
Secondly as Algernon says, it is definitely heritage-listed and I don’t believe it could, should or would ever be developed/demolished.
My interest was purely if anyone knew if a new tenant/operator had been sought or found or maybe had any info on what was happening with the previous operator.
Only as you bring it up, there was a render/vision once that I did see (on this website), which was of the possible redevelopment of the dining room/area adjacent which possibly isnt heritage-listed. This render was for a high rise but I doubt it would ever be proposed or supported.
I almost spat my coffee at the thought of a tower development on the Stag. Did some googling to no avail. But I did find this interesting link of previous architectural drawings for Adelaide - some built some not

https://collections.slsa.sa.gov.au/reso ... 71878/1-39

In there is a truly baffling pyramid development behind the stag in what is now the new urbanist Garden East development.

how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: [PRO] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#27 Post by how good is he » Tue May 22, 2018 11:21 pm

Last edited by how good is he on Tue May 22, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patrick_27
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1418
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: [PRO] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#28 Post by Patrick_27 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:22 pm

Algernon wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:21 pm
how good is he wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:05 pm
Patrick_27, firstly he doesn’t actually own the land the Stag is on, it is owned by the Crown (the Govt) and was granted to Mancorp on a 99 year leasehold in 2006 with the other associated commercial properties in Rundle St after an international tender (see https://www.rundlestreet.com.au/wp-cont ... -Issue.pdf).
Secondly as Algernon says, it is definitely heritage-listed and I don’t believe it could, should or would ever be developed/demolished.
My interest was purely if anyone knew if a new tenant/operator had been sought or found or maybe had any info on what was happening with the previous operator.
Only as you bring it up, there was a render/vision once that I did see (on this website), which was of the possible redevelopment of the dining room/area adjacent which possibly isnt heritage-listed. This render was for a high rise but I doubt it would ever be proposed or supported.
I almost spat my coffee at the thought of a tower development on the Stag. Did some googling to no avail. But I did find this interesting link of previous architectural drawings for Adelaide - some built some not

https://collections.slsa.sa.gov.au/reso ... 71878/1-39

In there is a truly baffling pyramid development behind the stag in what is now the new urbanist Garden East development.
Similarly to the ORAH site, when the markets were earmarked for closure, a design competition was held, thankfully the pyramid didn't win and we have what's there today.

how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: [PRO] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#29 Post by how good is he » Tue May 22, 2018 11:24 pm

No not a pyramid, but if anyone wants to see it again -
http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... 63#p162165

User avatar
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 2029
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:41 am
Location: Sitting Down
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 224 times

Re: [PRO] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#30 Post by Pikey » Wed May 23, 2018 8:25 am

how good is he wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:24 pm
No not a pyramid, but if anyone wants to see it again -
http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... 63#p162165
Guys, don't forget, this is a architecture students project, not a proposal or vision of any description.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Dvious, Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 11 guests