[COM] 2 King William Street | Refurb and rooftop bar

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

[COM] Re: 2 King William Street | Refurb and rooftop bar

#121 Post by rev » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:13 am

The Scooter Guy wrote:Watch this space for photos with an epic view this Thursday!

EDIT (20/01/2015): Here's some pics from Citymag!

Meh, just a bunch of stuck up yuppies standing around thinking their shit doesn't stink.
Wish we could turn these people into an export commodity.
:lol:

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#122 Post by Will » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:19 am

rev wrote:
The Scooter Guy wrote:Watch this space for photos with an epic view this Thursday!

EDIT (20/01/2015): Here's some pics from Citymag!

Meh, just a bunch of stuck up yuppies standing around thinking their shit doesn't stink.
Wish we could turn these people into an export commodity.
:lol:
These are the people that pay tax. Exporting them probably isn't the best idea... :cheers:

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#123 Post by rev » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:38 pm

They aren't the only people who pay tax.
Maybe we could exile them to the great victoria desert in the north west of the state, to a purpose built yuppy hard labor prison facility? That way that offsets the loss of tax revenue. Free mine labor for the Gina Reinhardt types :P

Llessur2002
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#124 Post by Llessur2002 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:23 pm

I think what they've done to the building is fantastic and it's great to see anything new popping up in Adelaide but I'm always immediately suspicious of any drinking establishment that has a dress code stricter than the old 'men must wear shirts at all times' rule.

Then again, I tend to sort my clothes into three piles - clean, dirty and dirty but wearable - so perhaps I'm not their target market...

mshagg
Legendary Member!

#125 Post by mshagg » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:25 pm

I've been in there a number of times on a number of different evenings wearing a t-shirt, jeans and casual shoes. Not sure where the reputation for overly strict dress requirements is coming from.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#126 Post by SRW » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:20 pm

mshagg wrote:I've been in there a number of times on a number of different evenings wearing a t-shirt, jeans and casual shoes. Not sure where the reputation for overly strict dress requirements is coming from.
My impression is, despite launching with upmarket ambitions, trading reality has seen them become progressively more lax in the bar area. Either that, or they were simply overwhelmed by crowds of casually-dressed Clipsal and sporting fans coming up for a look that it wasn't worth policing.
Keep Adelaide Weird

mshagg
Legendary Member!

#127 Post by mshagg » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:00 pm

SRW wrote:
mshagg wrote:I've been in there a number of times on a number of different evenings wearing a t-shirt, jeans and casual shoes. Not sure where the reputation for overly strict dress requirements is coming from.
My impression is, despite launching with upmarket ambitions, trading reality has seen them become progressively more lax in the bar area. Either that, or they were simply overwhelmed by crowds of casually-dressed Clipsal and sporting fans coming up for a look that it wasn't worth policing.
In speaking with the manager the owner had always intended it to be more 'fun' than stuck up (reading the pressers around launch time they were boasting about being able to have a 'a beer and a pizza' as well as wining and dining). To clarify, I dont think people are getting in there wearing clipsal/cricket/footy garments. I'd strongly recommend neat casual if you're going in for a stickybeak!

It's also quite expensive.

[Shuz]

#128 Post by [Shuz] » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:18 pm

Not a fan of this place. Posh, elitist, stuck up - and don't even get me started on the hypocrisy of not allowing people dressed neat casual, given what the bartender's wear and look like.

Prices are exorbitant. The outdoors area is tiny, indoors feels dark and claustrophobic. The only thing it's got going for it is a view.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#129 Post by Ben » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:57 pm

Now on King William street side too... Maybe we should cover all of our heritage buildings in advertising....
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 3907 times

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#130 Post by crawf » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:56 pm

What the........

Patrick_27

#131 Post by Patrick_27 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:03 am

I didn't have a problem with the signage on North Terrace, but honestly.... What the f*** were they thinking with this?
One sign per face of the building, why have they crammed in two?

Waewick

#132 Post by Waewick » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:27 am

[Shuz] wrote:Not a fan of this place. Posh, elitist, stuck up - and don't even get me started on the hypocrisy of not allowing people dressed neat casual, given what the bartender's wear and look like.

Prices are exorbitant. The outdoors area is tiny, indoors feels dark and claustrophobic. The only thing it's got going for it is a view.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I don't really understand your attitude. perhaps your version of neat casual is not the same as others? I also don't understand why you would talk about staff - do you dress like the staff at all of the establishments you go to? so if I see you at the footy are you going to be semi formal like the waiting staff?

I've been up a couple of times, going from suit, too neat casual and never had a problem, the poshness as you so eloquently put it

What is wrong with having a place that isn't for everyone? I mean is being what you describe as posh a bad thing? Is it bad to have a place that try’s to lift the bar? Don’t get me wrong I love PJ O’Briens as much as the next Adelaidian but sometimes it is really nice to know you are going to go somewhere different….

I'm not affiliated in anyway to the place, but to be honest the two or three times and it was good.