[VIS] New inner-city stadium

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

[VIS] New inner-city stadium

#1 Post by I Follow PAFC » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:04 pm

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou ... 7d11589088

I have try everything but I still can't see anything when it is subscriber only.
Last edited by I Follow PAFC on Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

[VIS] Re: State Politics A new inner-city stadium is one of a raft of big ticket projects on the government's agenda this year

#3 Post by rev » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:28 pm

The relevant bit from the AdelaideNow article, the rest also includes stuff about some drunk politician being a dick head (surprise...), and more general politicians bullshit promises that we've all heard before, and we will hear again.
CITY STADIUM FLAGGED AS PARLIAMENT RE-OPENS.

Plans for a possible new inner-city stadium and poaching white collar workers from interstate have been floated at the opening of State Parliament, on a day destined to be overshadowed by bad behaviour at a boozy Christmas Party.

On Wednesday afternoon, Governor Hieu Van Le delivered a speech spelling out Premier Steven Marshall’s plans for the next two years until the election, which features a tribute to those affected by fires and major pledges on climate change action.

However, the Opposition is expected to use the first Question Time of the year to pursue Mr Marshall over his handling of allegations made against Liberal MP Sam Duluk at a Parliament House party on December 13.

The include allegations of sexual harassment, and racial and homophobic comments.

Mr Duluk has not responded directly to each claim, but has apologised for bad behaviour on the night and said it did not reflect his values. He is also seeking help over alcohol use, and has quit a lucrative committee chair post.

The Governor said Mr Marshall was “actively planning additional major inner-city sporting and entertainment infrastructure”, in what is understood to be a reference to a possible new stadium in the wider vicinity of the Riverbank.

The speech also doubles down on Mr Marshall’s election pledge of “more jobs, lower costs, better services” and says the Government will again push for reform in areas including shop trading hours as well as GM crops and rate capping.

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

[VIS] Re: State Politics A new inner-city stadium is one of a raft of big ticket projects on the government's agenda this year

#4 Post by gnrc_louis » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:47 pm

While I would love a new rectangular city stadium to watch Adelaide United at, the Aleague seems in a near terminal decline atm. I think a joint use basketball/tennis/netball/music arena should come first.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#5 Post by rev » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:00 pm

Why not both at the same time

ozisnowman
High Rise Poster!

#6 Post by ozisnowman » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:02 pm

Agree a combined basketball, tennis, netball, music arena needs to be first. It should be roughly over current Memorial Drive / Next Generator precinct.

They should sell of entertainment centre, netball stadium, titanium arena and such. Would go someway of the way to paying for the facilities.

After that they should investigate a combined Soccer/Rugby stadium in the city with the hope to attract a rugby team to South Australia as well as increase the patronage to Adelaide United Games.

Basketbball/Tennis/Netball/Music - 15,000 spectators should be aimed for
Soccer/Rugby - 25 - 30,000 spectators should be aimed for

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#7 Post by citywatcher » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:14 pm

Well let's hope it's Labor to get back in and drive it cos we know sure as hell what a cock up it will be if the Liberals build it like that would ever happen anyway

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

RiseHigh
High Rise Poster!

[VIS] Re: A new inner-city stadium is one of a raft of big ticket projects on the government's agenda this year.

#8 Post by RiseHigh » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:25 pm

Liberal just make this stuff up trying to get re-elected then they spend money on a study and then say it’s not worth the money and end up doing nothing. Tram right turn is one of many. They are holding this state back.

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[VIS] Re: A new inner-city stadium is one of a raft of big ticket projects on the government's agenda this year.

#9 Post by Waewick » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:37 pm

RiseHigh wrote:Liberal just make this stuff up trying to get re-elected then they spend money on a study and then say it’s not worth the money and end up doing nothing. Tram right turn is one of many. They are holding this state back.
So after 16 years straight of Labor, when the state has been in terminal decline, it's the Libs holding them back for the last 2.

Yep, can see that.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#10 Post by how good is he » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:40 pm

Just to confirm, was this the proposed stadium that last time was quoted as costing around $800m? Also the proposed site they have shown (behind the Uni/SAHMRI buildings) on North Tce seems like a very tight site. How
much room is there really for a major stadium there (anyone know the approx sqm land size?)

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#11 Post by citywatcher » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:44 pm

Waewick wrote:
RiseHigh wrote:Liberal just make this stuff up trying to get re-elected then they spend money on a study and then say it’s not worth the money and end up doing nothing. Tram right turn is one of many. They are holding this state back.
So after 16 years straight of Labor, when the state has been in terminal decline, it's the Libs holding them back for the last 2.

Yep, can see that.
Terminal decline ?
In your mind only

Waewick

#12 Post by Waewick » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:47 pm

eKwatee wrote:see indaily link about the same topic https://indaily.com.au/news/2020/02/05/ ... ls-re-set/
Interesting to see that it really wasn't their idea at all.

Waewick

#13 Post by Waewick » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:53 pm

citywatcher wrote:
Waewick wrote:

Yep, can see that.
Terminal decline ?
In your mind only

Well terminal could be an exaggeration, we are yet to see that.

But decline is spot on.

ml69
Legendary Member!

#14 Post by ml69 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:54 pm

rev wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:28 pm
The Governor said Mr Marshall was “actively planning additional major inner-city sporting and entertainment infrastructure”, in what is understood to be a reference to a possible new stadium in the wider vicinity of the Riverbank.
If this is what the Governor said, why has it been taken by The Advertiser and Indaily to infer a city stadium?

The way I read it, it could refer to either an indoor arena OR a stadium.

Does anyone else read it like that?

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#15 Post by how good is he » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:43 pm

I read it as it will be multi purpose ie a sporting stadium AND an entertainment venue (infrastructure), which you would expect to maximise its use and return. Whether its indoor or has a retractable roof etc remains to be seen.